Cleveland Classic Hybrid Preview Thread

Yes, it looked really good in hand at address and the stock shaft is a beauty.

Now, the bad part for me (potentially) is that I confirmed my fears at just how pronounced the V on the face/sole edge is. I struggled with the Mashie FW and I think the V was the reason for it.

Now, the bad part for me (potentially) is that I confirmed my fears at just how pronounced the V on the face/sole edge is. I struggled with the Mashie FW and I think the V was the reason for it.
Interesting. Why do you think that caused you to struggle? Issues with chunking it?

Sorry Cookie, but I am glad it has the V from the Mashie FW line. Hopefully, that will eliminate some of the hooking issues I saw with the mashies. I like the ideas above abt a heavier shaft helping too.

Sorry Cookie, but I am glad it has the V from the Mashie FW line. Hopefully, that will eliminate some of the hooking issues I saw with the mashies. I like the ideas above abt a heavier shaft helping too.
I think having a heavier shaft in the Mashie will be quite beneficial, as well. I think the stock C. Kua in my mashie is what led to some problems with it for me.

Interesting. Why do you think that caused you to struggle? Issues with chunking it?

Ya know, I am not 100% in all honesty. I think I did have some chunking issues and I thought it was because of the leading edge digging (whereas the design is to keep that from happening). Could be just a swing issue because I know that I still see the chunks sometimes.

I am currently leaning towards the Altitude as opposed to these just for the sake of consistent gapping since the 5h does not typically fill the 5i slot well for an example.

Ya know, I am not 100% in all honesty. I think I did have some chunking issues and I thought it was because of the leading edge digging (whereas the design is to keep that from happening). Could be just a swing issue because I know that I still see the chunks sometimes.

I am currently leaning towards the Altitude as opposed to these just for the sake of consistent gapping since the 5h does not typically fill the 5i slot well for an example.
I could see going with the Altitude Hybos in replace of the long irons/hybrids. Nice options to have, for sure.

Saw one of these in person today and I must say I like it a lot more now than I did when the artist renditions came out. Didn't get a chance to hit it, but I'm looking forward to taking some swipes with it.

Really suprised to see this come out without the Miyazaki shaft

ddec, you need to take your camera-maphone next time. Shame!

I just purchased/ordered one yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive. Although the one I hit yesterday isn't going to have the same specs as mine will I couldn't believe how much I liked this hybrid. I never could bring myself to the top of line view of the Mashie, I personally thought it was the ugliest club I've ever seen. I tried just about every hybrid out there yesterday and it came down to the Classic and the Super S from Adams. I must say the feel of the Super S is amazing and if I were looking for a FW this is something I would consider, just too big for a hybrid. I'm a player that is all about what I feel in my hands when the ball comes off the face of the club, and the Classic wonderful. I felt it was a very forgiving and feel the rails will help me out when it comes to hitting this hybrid off the ground. I will do a better write up once I get the club in my hands and on the course/range.

The 15.5 is exactly what I am in the market for! This could be the ticket for me.

The 15.5 is exactly what I am in the market for! This could be the ticket for me.

OG I went with the H2, 18, because I want something around a 5W but wanted a hybrid

OG I went with the H2, 18, because I want something around a 5W but wanted a hybrid

Looking forward to your take on the H2! The one thing that I would be concerned with, is it going to be a hook monster?

Looking forward to your take on the H2! The one thing that I would be concerned with, is it going to be a hook monster?

I have to say this is something I was worried about as well because my natural ball flight is a draw. I can't tell you exactly how it's going to be because the only time I've hit it was at GG but most of the balls I hit were 5 yards either side of the straight line. That doesn't mean anything at all unless you're on the course and see what the actual ball flight is. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a big hooker but I'm willing to take the risk, the feel was too hard to give up.

These look awesome in person! Hmmmm.

burypany.jpg

beheza5a.jpg

ume9ahy9.jpg

9urejuza.jpg

SO much better looking to me/my eye than the Mashies were.

I got to see these last night, as nice as they look in the pics they definitely look better in person. I wanted to swing them but there weren't any for lefties.

I couldn't agree more with you. I think I'm going to be very happy with my purchase. Can't wait to write a quick review on it.

The big question is, will this finally be the hybo that knocks JB's DEADLY Launcher DST hybo out of the bag.

The look of it SCREAMS DST to me.

Agreed 100%. I wasn't thrilled with the mashies but these look really pleasing to the eye.

Just caught up to this thread. While I like my Mashie's I think this seems like a real solid improvement. I like the black color more than the raw finish. It looks like in the pics Cookie posted there isn't an alignment dot on top which is disappointing (initially, pics showed it would have one). Is this correct Cookie or am I just not seeing it? The biggest disappointment for me is the fact that they've gone away from the Miyazaki shafts. Not a huge deal because any hybrid I buy I'd just put in my Miyazaki C. Kua from my current Mashie but if these came with a Miyazaki shaft I could of sold or traded in my Mashie.

Back