Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Looks like mine, but on the wrong side of the ball...:alien: Enjoy that boomstick!

Looks good JonD, keep us posted. I've put my 9* with the 72x back in the bag, and have been hitting it pretty well the last couple of times I've played.

Combo looks good. I have the 290 9* with Kusala White 56x and a baby blue Lamkin R.E.L. looks beastly!

Tapping away on my S3

Just noticed the blue and white golf pride grip--looks sick with that shaft

looks like I am the rare breed who finds stock shaft, C.kua really good...

looks like I am the rare breed who finds stock shaft, C.kua really good...

It is a good shaft. I have the C Kua 59 in one of my Classics and really like it. The 43 just didn't fit my swing as well as the 59.

Just posted the message below in DOTD Thread - get on the Classic train for only $109.98 for 270 & 290 models!

Cleveland Classic 270 & 290 Drivers - $119.98 at Maple Hill Golf - http://www.maplehillgc.com - Enter discount code FACEBOOK and get extra $10 off!

Just ordered the 290 for my father, couldn't pass that deal up after my success with the Classic.

Same site that offered the $20 Mystery Box a few weeks back. Met these guys a couple years ago at the Cincinnati Golf Show when I lived in OH, and I'm happy to give them my business.

Last edited:
Just posted the message below in DOTD Thread - get on the Classic train for only $109.98 for 270 & 290 models!

That is so cheap. What a good deal.

Their golf course, pro shop is 5 miles from where I live. It's not a good thing, lol

Tappin it...

well, at eBay it is going for about $60 (excellent or mint condition)

A lot of great talk in the Classic XL thread, but I don't think that's on the radar for me! OG Classic with the Kusala Blue is not only a looker but a bomber too! It was pretty cold, but I was still seeing some solid distance out of this guy. My swing in general decided to take the back nine off today. :banghead: Before that though, I was hitting nice mid-high drives. Kusala Definitely gives me a nice penetrating ball flight. Was concerned about it being too low but it was pretty dang sweet! I feel like I can definitely go after it a little more with this shaft. Getting ready to do a large pack of lessons and can't wait to see the results as I work on my swing!

I see no reason to take this out of the bag at this point. Just a solid combo. I've hit all the new stuff and some of it was great but just not that enticing with this in the bag.

So i was on the range this morning warming up with my driver & all the sudden it goes from making its normal thwack sound at impact & starts making a higher pitch tink noise at impact.

Upon inspection, I noticed that the silver "Classic" badge on the bottom of the driver is missing. I looked all over the range & couldn't find it.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so did Cleveland fix it for you?

So i was on the range this morning warming up with my driver & all the sudden it goes from making its normal thwack sound at impact & starts making a higher pitch tink noise at impact.

Upon inspection, I noticed that the silver "Classic" badge on the bottom of the driver is missing. I looked all over the range & couldn't find it.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so did Cleveland fix it for you?

Hopefully they'll hook you up, man. That sucks. Maybe time for a Classic XL Custom.

Hopefully they'll hook you up, man. That sucks. Maybe time for a Classic XL Custom.
Dropped off my driver today at a local dealer to get sent back to Cleveland. This is my 1st time dealing with Cleveland, so I'm crossing my fingers & hoping for the best.

I love my Classic, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they decided to send me a new Classic XL.

I bought this driver from amazon a month ago for $130 shipped. I bought it without ever tryign it out because i needed something quick for a business trip and was driverless, and while i intended on splurging for a new G25...i like it so much i may just keep it in the bag.

Dropped off my driver today at a local dealer to get sent back to Cleveland. This is my 1st time dealing with Cleveland, so I'm crossing my fingers & hoping for the best.

I love my Classic, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they decided to send me a new Classic XL.

I'd be surprised if they didn't take care of you. They sent my buddy a new driver after he had cracked the face. Not sure if they will send you a new one but they are pretty solid when it comes to customer service.

Wanted to bump this thread again for this awesome driver. Played in a captains choice scramble this weekend, even though my ankle isn't completely 100% after twisting it up pretty good last week. Wasn't able to really finish anything so I was playing a pretty good fade off the tee. Even with that, I was still able to drop some serious drives with this driver. Was one of those days that makes me think I'm crazy for even entertaining the idea of another big stick in the bag.

Thanks for the bump Jon... I played last weekend in the cold wearing practically a snow suit and by the time I warmed up on the 13th (after putting the first drive OB there) I was absolutely CRUSHING the classic with a beautiful baby draw on it. I out-drove my summer best by 15yds on the 15th hole and got that tingly feeling through my bones.... can't wait to get back out soon!

I've been very impressed with the Classic after adding it to the rotation. It has a great look at address, the deep face is a very welcome addition to my bag, I think with a bit stiffer shaft on the 270 than the stock stiff I think it would be an amazing combo!

Thanks for the bump Jon... I played last weekend in the cold wearing practically a snow suit and by the time I warmed up on the 13th (after putting the first drive OB there) I was absolutely CRUSHING the classic with a beautiful baby draw on it. I out-drove my summer best by 15yds on the 15th hole and got that tingly feeling through my bones.... can't wait to get back out soon!

That's awesome. Love hearing about people having success with this driver. It really is a great affordable option, and is a solid performer, even when pitted against this year's offerings.

Got my driver back today. They put a new badge in the bottom, but left some sort of residue on the bottom of the club. I was able to the residue off, but I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't send it back as clean as it was when I sent it in.

I finally hit this driver yesterday and LOVED it! I thought it would be too light for my swing, but I had solid impact on every swing. It might find its way into my bag before the start of the summer!

I finally hit this driver yesterday and LOVED it! I thought it would be too light for my swing, but I had solid impact on every swing. It might find its way into my bag before the start of the summer!

It's definitely a great option, price, performance, and looks!

How does it play with your VooDoo shaft? I was thinking if I get one to put my Protopype in it for some added heft...

Back