Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I will just add in here that I hit mine great... when I hit it great. It is 1" longer than my previous driver and I wasn't consistent with that one anyway. I am gonna hit it more today. I really need to get the ball flight down with how windy it gets out here

So did a little research and noticed the B Asha 5S has the International Flex Code Bending of 5674. I also noticed the C Kua 59S has the same bending code.

Has anyone had any experience with either in this Classic? Just seems like this may be a little better for me than the 43S and the C Kua 59S is a lot cheaper than the new B Asha.

Just looking for any insight. Thanks in advance.

I finally hit this driver yesterday and LOVED it! I thought it would be too light for my swing, but I had solid impact on every swing. It might find its way into my bag before the start of the summer!

I've got one for sale for cheap in the marketplace!

So did a little research and noticed the B Asha 5S has the International Flex Code Bending of 5674. I also noticed the C Kua 59S has the same bending code.

Has anyone had any experience with either in this Classic? Just seems like this may be a little better for me than the 43S and the C Kua 59S is a lot cheaper than the new B Asha.

Just looking for any insight. Thanks in advance.

Try the B Asha thread. IIRC, someone put one of those in the Classic head. 59S would definitely be a cheaper experiment. Your best bet may be to check the bay for old launcher drivers. I think those had the 59S as an option.

I will just add in here that I hit mine great... when I hit it great. It is 1" longer than my previous driver and I wasn't consistent with that one anyway. I am gonna hit it more today. I really need to get the ball flight down with how windy it gets out here

sounds like even with hat very low hitting Black shaft the 10.5 loft jut keeps the ball up? Was thinking about a 10.5/black combo OR 9/Indigo combo.

These are on sale for 99 bucks here http://www.lessonongolf.com/ just go where it says this weeks equipment deals. It also has free shipping. I got one, it is a great deal!!!

I also have one for sale in the marketplace...

love the look and feel. The HC is sweet too! Like the deep face and low spin! Prices are super cheap now too!

I am still gaming this driver paired with the Miyazaki Kusala Blue. It's a beast for me, I have tried the White, Silver, Blue and Indigo. The Kusala Blue just wins hands down, great driver.

I am still gaming this driver paired with the Miyazaki Kusala Blue. It's a beast for me, I have tried the White, Silver, Blue and Indigo. The Kusala Blue just wins hands down, great driver.

Im seriously cobsidering this combo right now but Im lovjng my R11/Harrison combo too much to pull the trigger.

I went through a phase where this was a silly combo for me as well. I need to get back there.

Yep, this is my setup and I absolutely LOVE it. mid-high piercing flight, great feel. It's going to be tough to knock out of my bag, that's for sure.

For my game/swing it's a great fit.

You must be working on your swing.

Yep yep. Iron swing is great but driver swing has checked out entirely. Gonna spend some range time here to sort it out.

Yep, this is my setup and I absolutely LOVE it. mid-high piercing flight, great feel. It's going to be tough to knock out of my bag, that's for sure.

Good to hear Nate

Yep yep. Iron swing is great but driver swing has checked out entirely. Gonna spend some range time here to sort it out.

It will come back.

Good to hear Nate

It will come back.

I hope so. I'm messing with grips to lessen my grip pressure some. Hopefully that will help.

I am still gaming this driver with stock shaft (c.kua) and loving it.

Decided to take the Classic out today on a lark.

Been struggling with driver lately, but a buddy gave me a tip on the range prior to my round and I was able to get it back to straight again. This driver is just a workhorse. Day wasn't perfect but I was able to hit some solid drives today. Was nice to get it back! Don't know if I'll keep with the Classic full time, but man I still love the way this driver feels when you kill one.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this guys but I'm new here. Just picked up the Classic 9 degree with C Kua 43S.
First couple of hits were straight down the middle and 275 and 285 (massive for me)
But I seem to be losing this right a lot which is something I haven't done since I changed a few things in my swing a few years back.

Anyone else find this with this club and if so had any luck in finding a way to keep it straight or controllable fade ?

thanks in advance
alx

I have not, but have you noticed it happening with any other club?

I have not, but have you noticed it happening with any other club?

Not really JB. I previously had an R9 supertri and superdeep and my miss was usually left.
Granted as they were adjustable they were not always set at neutral and usually more closed.
I went for the Classic as hopefully a good mix of forgiveness of Supertri with low spin of Superdeep
I can't get for lessons for a while and I am frustrated as I know this club has so much potential having hit it well on occasion

I wonder if I tried to slow my transition would it help as I think a few on here have alluded to this

thanks

I bought mine the beginning of summer and I have never hit my drives this good. I will occasionally leave one out to the right but I think that is user error!!

I bought mine the beginning of summer and I have never hit my drives this good. I will occasionally leave one out to the right but I think that is user error!!

Oh I have no doubt it's the Indian and not the Arrow !!

Its starts straight and veers right which suggests a relatively square club face and an out to in path
Just wondering why this would be occurring more with the Classic than it was with the R9s.
I wonder does the lightness of the club have an affect here ?

Back