I saw that . . . posted it in the hole in one thread, hahaha.

That is funny. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt like that person in Florida.

Siri speaks for me!

I've played that course!

Did he at least fill the divot?
I was just glad to hear he was ok, there was someone in Florida not that long ago that died in one!

I was just glad to hear he was ok, there was someone in Florida not that long ago that died in one!

I know...it was a poor attempt at humor.

I know...it was a poor attempt at humor.

No, I got the joke, no worries. I'd be scared to death. I get a bit claustrophobic as well like him.

Siri speaks for me!

No, I got the joke, no worries. I'd be scared to death. I get a bit claustrophobic as well like him.

Siri speaks for me!

I had to go back and reread the Illinois story - I didn't realize he was 18 ft. below the surface! Yeah, I would be a bit freaked out myself.

Just saw that on the news. Damn good thing he wasn't playing alone.. Last week, a guy down here had a sink hole open up under his bedroom and he was gone. Never found him. This golfer was lucky!........... Amazing..

That is crazy. As I told my wife this story she replies back "if only I could be so lucky" then winked. I sure hope she was playing.

Just saw that on the news. Damn good thing he wasn't playing alone.. Last week, a guy down here had a sink hole open up under his bedroom and he was gone. Never found him. This golfer was lucky!........... Amazing..

Yeah that's crazy I couldn't imagine. I actually saw that a link for the guy in his bedroom right below this. Now that is scary. Almost doesn't seem real that a hole just forms and swallows you up.

Edit: sorry for the double post. The mods moved my story here. Looks like you guys have already been talking about this.

Very sad story here, Chicago's escalating gang war got a 6 month old baby killed. Leaving the intended target(the father), a known gang member in critical condition... What sort of person goes after a baby... Wait til the dad is buying diapers or aomething then blast him to kingdom come...

http://m.nbcchicago.com/nbcchicago/pm_107717/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=RCSzc5Kw

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Massive Sinkhole In Louisiana Baffles Officials

by Debbie Elliott

March 20, 2013 2:24 PM

bayousinkhole_wide-8c3d9c3cce120e694d3c6290ab8d1458fdaaf723-s40.jpg

After the collapse of a salt mine in south Louisiana last year, a 9-acre sinkhole has flooded the area. It also caused
gas and oil leaks, and local residents are fed up.

Excerpt from: http://www.npr.org/2013/03/20/174853576/massive-sinkhole-in-louisiana-baffles-officials

Louisiana officials are grappling with a giant sinkhole that's threatening a neighborhood. A salt mine collapsed last year, creating a series of problems regulators say they've never seen before, including tremors and oil and gas leaks and a sinkhole that now covers 9 acres.

Residents have been evacuated for more than seven months now and are losing patience.

Ernie Boudreaux lives in a trailer on Jambalaya Street in Bayou Corne, La. Strange things have been happening to his home, he says.

"It cracks. You can hear it. The doors pop open by themselves," Boudreaux says.

The front porch is separating from the trailer and sometimes he smells oil — all problems that started after the sinkhole opened less than a half mile from his house. His neighborhood is under a mandatory evacuation, but Boudreaux comes back a few days a week to care for his dog, Diesel.

Houston-based Texas Brine has been mining salt near the Bayou Corne community for more than 40 years. The company is now paying evacuated residents $875 a week to cover temporary housing costs. But Boudreaux, a welder, says he can't find a rental that takes pets the size of Diesel, so he stays with his sister some and then comes home. He wants a more permanent solution.

"That $875 a week is hush-hush money — keep everybody quiet and just let it settle down. I say, I'm not letting this settle down. You talking about land, home that we can't come back to," Boudreaux says. "And if you do, it ain't worth nothing."

If that's bad imagine what will happen when the Ogallala aquifer dries up from all the farmers pumping water out.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Here's a video version of Your Local News.

An 18 year old in Kentucky got in trouble for yelling Bingo in a Bingo hall.

Part one:

Part 2:

Another video edition of Your Local News:

Wow, thats just something you dont see every day

One would hope drugs were a factor.

Back