Recap - 2013 THP Texas Invitational by Callaway Golf

Sounds like an awesome event, JB and GG are awesome and we're lucky to have them driving this site. Thanks to Callawsy for supporting.

Just hope that I can arrange a vacation to coincide with one if these events do I can meet up with you all.

Hope the rest of the tour goes as well if not better.

sounds like it was a great time had by all. congrats to the winners!

Congrats to the winners! Sounds like a fun time had by all

Congrats to the newest HOF members.
Huge thanks to everyone involved in putting this together, JB, GG, Calloway #Zoocrew, Nate, Cookie & anyone I forgot. It was a truly amazing time. I'm glad I was able to participate & thankful for this forum.

Sounds like an awesome event, That is awesome of Callaway to not only sponsor the event and pitch in prizes, but to come out and take part in the event also.

Congrats to the winners and well done for those that worked so hard to organize it. Sounds like a great time and what amazing involvement from Callaway. And also congrats to the THP teams, who couldn't have slow played the #ZooCrew any better. We have them right where we want them...

Congrats to the winners and thank you to Callaway for sponsoring.

Edit: sorry if I missed it but just curious. What were the prizes?

***aka AtChad***

Congrats to the winners!

Team THP has some work to do before December it looks like

Congrats to the winners! The closest to the pin was stuffed from 185, kinda nice really. The winning team had the A game going but ran into the devil hole #8 or the round would have been more special.
I all set with Texas wind, you guys can have it. If you want to know what it's like. Put a fan on your stove open the oven to warm and swing the club. Then turn sideways and swing.
I hope Jeff Rees found some aloe, he was red like a turnip when we finished. THP knows how do a great many things, invitationals are one of them. Well done to all parties involved, I know it ain't easy.

Looks like everyone had a blast!

Congratulations to the winners

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Congrats to the winners and thanks to Callaway for sponsoring this event!

I enjoyed living vicariously through you all this weekend. Shorts! Sunburns! Sounds like everyone had a blast and some great golf was played. Congrats to the winners and thanks to the organizers for all the work they put in.

Let's see a pic of the callaway hats! What were the temps for the round?

Congrats to the winners!! I am happy to see so many had such a great time!!! Looking forward to more recaps and more pics!! Thank you to Callaway for sponsoring this event!!

Just wanted to do a special shutout for Callaway. In and of itself, sponsoring the event is special. Sending several people to Tx to play a round of golf then adjusting the prize pool for a unique situation shows a level of involvement and commitment not often seen. Well done!

Congrats to the winners, and THP for putting on a great event for them. I can't wait till the Missouri outing after reading about how much fun these are.

Congrats guys! What were the winning scores?

Sounds like Callaway set a pretty high bar as event sponsor. Congrats to the winners.

After reading the tourney thread, I cannot wait for the Ohio event! Congrats to the winners, and a big thanks to Callaway for their sponsorship!

Last edited:
I just want to thank EVERYONE involved, from GG to JB,Cookie and several others.
The Callaway guys were an awesome group, they really changed my mind about the company.
I also want to give special shout outs to Bulldog for being my chauffeur so we didn't have to take so many vehicles around that crazy town!

Now to my teammate sepfeiff: This is one great guy. Even him being a low handicap and a total stranger until yesterday, he took time out before our round to work with me on issues I am having with my swing. It really payed off as I shot 13 shots lower than Fridays round and I hit many fairways. I really look forward to playing a few more rounds with you.
Kapsularian : A truly nice guy and a great player it was fun chit chatting with you as our round dragged on.

This is a special place guys, and you really won't realize it until you attend one of their events and get to meet everyone. I am so glad I was able to go and thanks to my wife for pinching pennies to allow me the opportunity.
My hat is off to everyone.

Sounds like this outing was a blast! Looking forward to pictures and stories!

I just want to thank EVERYONE involved, from GG to JB,Cookie and several others.
The Callaway guys were an awesome group, they really changed my mind about the company.
I also want to give special shout outs to Bulldog for being my chauffeur so we didn't have to take so many vehicles around that crazy town!

Now to my teammate sepfeiff: This is one great guy. Even him being a low handicap and a total stranger until yesterday, he took time out before our round to work with me on issues I am having with my swing. It really payed off as I shot 13 shots lower than Fridays round and I hit many fairways. I really look forward to playing a few more rounds with you.
Kapsularian : A truly nice guy and a great player it was fun chit chatting with you as our round dragged on.

This is a special place guys, and you really won't realize it until you attend one of their events and get to meet everyone. I am so glad I was able to go and thanks to my wife for pinching pennies to allow me the opportunity.
My hat is off to everyone.

Congrats on the win, Hotled!

Congrats to the winning group. Static, that was one heck if a shot....impressive! Outstanding job Team Calloway, for not only sponsoring the event, but coming to join in and play...well done!

Well done as usual Nookie!

LtEvO TaPpEd

Congrats to the all the winners! Anyone that attended were winners IMO. Congrats and thanks to the Callaway crew for this and everything you do throughout the industry. Safe travels home to all

Back