Recap - 2013 THP Texas Invitational by Callaway Golf

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
The first THP Invitational for 2013 is in the books and it was such an incredible event! The first thing I want to do is thank Callaway Golf for not only supplying amazing swag and prizes for all the winners, but also for making the trek out to Texas to actually play with THP'ers. I think everyone can agree the #zoocrew has serious game!

Next I want to thank Nate and mcook77, those two guys worked their butts off to find us a great course at a great price and arranged for a wonderful dinner where we could all be together in a private room. This was a truly memorable experience and it couldn't have been done without these two guys, you two are the best!

Lastly, I want to thank each and every THP'er who made it out to this event, it was a pleasure to meet each and every one of you, and I feel honored to have you as a member of this site, I hope I get a chance to see you all again very soon.

Now for the moment you have all been waiting for...the winners. We unfortunately had a no-show for the event, and normally we would have JB step in as the alternate but the handicap pairing wouldn't have been fair (a 1 HC and a 4HC) so those amazing Callaway guys were generous enough to offer 3 prizes for the winners, because it turned out the person who was left without a partner ended up being the winner. What's even better is that the second lowest scoring team, was the other team in his foursome. So with that said Congratulations to the winners:

Hotled
sepfeiff

Kapsularian

In addition to the regular competition we also had a closest to the pin contest on hole #17 and the very first shot from the group ended up being the winner with a shot 4'10" from the hole. So Congratulations to:

staticline

The final part of the competition was THP vs. Team Callaway and as much as I would like to say team THP won, the #zoocrew walked away victorious. Their team score average was 163, and our closet was 170. So congratulations to team Callaway, you won this battle, but you have not won the war.

Here are some pictures, I can't get them all up now because hotel wifi is not that great, but I will get the rest done when we return home tomorrow.

The Group:
i-C4Z5XMx-L.jpg

From Left to Right:
Bhilton, RonInThornton, capt.dru, Staticline
i-hHc8F76-L.jpg

The Winners! From Left to Right:
sepfeiff, Hotled, Kapsularian
i-MSc8Sm9-L.jpg

From Left to Right: JeffReedMO, Tadashi70, ROliver, dtak84
i-5qrVv7H-L.jpg

From left to right: Texashacker34, Nate, RoundersRob, mcook77
i-9SFWsNT-L.jpg

From left to right: TripleBogieTim, Puttin4bird, buckjob, sharkhat
i-SBJDNCH-L.jpg

From left to right: ducmike, afwcardinal, Pkielwa, NoLine
i-DkgsWzR-L.jpg

From left to right: bulldog, threeboysdad, hammer84, WestTex
i-8H8G27T-L.jpg

From left to right: niteowl03, Goob3r, TrueFx, jank1434
i-6GXKrFJ-L.jpg

From left to right: jjmorris, Jman, Zenger, Matthew
i-g26zxMF-L.jpg

#zoocrew
i-7KtQWqW-L.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations to all on a successful Invitational, and to the newest HOF members.

And this will only fuel the fire for the Granddaddy...

Awesome update GG! I'm sure it was amazing! Congrats to the winners and thanks again Callaway!!

Congratulations to one and all! Well done the winners. Clever tactic letting zoocrew win too. Lull them into a false sense of security:beauty:

Congrats guys, well done. can't wait to see the pics!

Jake missed someone special who stopped at motel 6 last night to see him in the tour van
nezymase.jpg

Had a blast yesterday getting ready for today's round trip out here was def worth it!

Congratulations to the winners!

Congrats to the winners, including team #ZooCrew, although it sounds like anyone lucky enough to make this trip was a winner.

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks again to Callaway Golf for not only sponsoring, but also personally participating in the day.

On the way to Sunday round but I have a lot to say. Some amazingness happened this weekend. Just an amazing weekend

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Congrats to the newest HOF members! Sounds like a terrific time had by all.

Congrats to the winners!

Congrats to Hotled, sepfeiff, and Kapsularian for taking down the Dallas Invitational.

Congrats to our champions and newest HOF inductees. Can't wait to recap my weekend once I return home.

Jake missed someone special who stopped at motel 6 last night to see him in the tour van
nezymase.jpg

Had a blast yesterday getting ready for today's round trip out here was def worth it!

We should have known better than to go to bed so early. At least he let us know he stopped by. D-O-doubleG

I followed the event via several folks twitter accounts. Looked like a great event that every single person got to enjoy. Congrats to the winners and very cool stuff out of the #ZooCrew. Love the personal interaction from the company...great stuff guys. Look forward to seeing more great events happening the rest of this year.

Sounds like an amazing start to the Invitational year. Congrats to the winners, and we will get the ZooCrew the next time!

congrats to all of the winners...even the zoocrew fellas

I had an absolute blast at this event. It was my first THP event to attend, but it definitely won't be my last. Thanks to JB, GG, Cookie, and Nate for all y'all did to get this tournament together.

Everyone I met and everyone I played with were all great people and really fun to play with.

Staticline, next time we play, I have honors. Don't forget.

Congrats to:

Hotled
sepfeiff

Kapsularian

:clapp:

and

Congrats and thanks to Callaway for contributing so much this weekend
:clapp:

Congrats to Hotled, sepfeiff & Kapsularian as our newest THP HOF members, also a juge congrats to staticline on getting it close. Glad to read that every one had a blast and I like that y'all gave team Callaway #zoocrew a false sense of confidence for the Granddaddy.

A huge thank you to Callaway Golf for coming through in such a great way and to Nate and Cookie also for your hard work guys. Well done.

What a great weekend in Dallas, TX. Let me first start by thanking Nate and mcook77 (otherwise known as Nookie) for setting this up. Second, I want to thank TangleRidge for allowing us to use their golf course for 12 hours yesterday :D. Lastly, I want to thank each of the members that came out. I hope I got a second to say hello, fist bump or shake your hand and thank you for coming. It is because of you that we do these things and despite an issue out of ours (and yours) control, we saw a ton of smiles and people having a great time together.

Dinner last night was a blast as always. Jman, we need to talk about this RV a little bit. The food was good, the company was better and the evening is what makes these events special. Pkielwa (spelled wrong probably), thank you for the kind words last night. Those things go straight to our hearts and it means more than you know. To everybody we got to visit with, you amaze us. Its hard to put into words what a community like this is like, until someone attends a THP event. Its unlike others (Im not saying better or worse) and a lot of that has to do with the people here that go out of their way to come out and be with their online family.

To Callaway Golf, you didn't have to come to Texas. You did so because in your words, "We love your community and want to experience it like everybody else would". The members in attendance got to hang out with the people behind the brand, the people we are privileged to work with and experience something quite unique. Thank you for saying "yes" to our request on the prizes. Thank you for putting up some incredible prizes for everybody. And most of all, thank you for not only embracing what we have created with this series, but enjoying it.

Texas, you rock and a promise from me....We will be back!!!

Congrats to the winners and thank you to everyone involved who set this up (cookie, nate, JB, GG, and anyone else involved). Sounds like a truly amazing experiences for all of those who could attend, truly shows how amazing this site is and the type of people here.

Congrats to the winners and newest members of the HOF! And congrats to Staticline for the closest to the pin.

Also a congrats goes out to all who attended and Callaway for making the first invitational of 2013 a huge success and starting off with a big bang!

Congrats guys! Sounds like everyone had a blast!

Back