What's Your Favorite Steak?

For years I was a bone in rib eye man, but the last few months Ive switched to a bone in strip, medium rare of course. Filets are ok and all, but I leave those for the ladies. :act-up:

1. Prime Rib
  2. Rib Eye
  3. Porterhouse

In that order. And please don't cut any fat off them!

I like them slightly more cooked than "Moo-ing".

-JP

yeah... yeah..... gotta keep some fat on that beef........:blob:

I have too many favorites to pick one....porterhouse , K.C. strip ,ribeye,rib steak,t- bone and of course filet all come to mind and I wouldn't feel bad about eating any of them.sirloin,round and chuck have a place too but only the chuck as a steak the others need to be used for some kind of stir fry,flahitas or some other concoction.I guess I just like beef but pork and lamb work for me too.

Porterhouse! Best of both worlds, strip and filet. I’ll pick one up occasionally and either grill or broil it and then my wife and I split it. :drool:

I agree, too. Only I don't split it. My wife likes a little filet or ribeye of her own. 1 1/2" thick. Rub with olive oil, Kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and a dusting of Penzy's Chicago Steak seasoning. Medium rare for me. We have a specialty grocery store near us with prime steaks so beautifully marbled, when viewed in the case, they almost invoke a feeling of melancholy. In the adjacent case, nestled gently in mounds of ice, is the freshest seafood I've seen away from the coast. It's such a great store, as good as I've seen in any City in the U.S.

Unfortunately, the steaks are so expensive, and my business so up and down, that I haven't splurged on one of those beauties in while. I also like the crab oscar combination previously mentioned, and I almost always want asparagus with a steak.

I like to echo the sentiments of Ned Flanders before I wield my knife and fork.

"Bless the grocer for this wonderful meat, the middlemen who jacked up the price, and let's not forget the humane but determined boys over at the slaughterhouse."

Kevin

If it comes on a Ruth's Chris plate then I do not care! :D

So the Sushi thread got me craving sushi the other night. Now the steak thread got me wanting a steak tonight. Were going to go to our favorite spot tonight. My belly thanks this thread.
http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/

Any cut of steak is good. I like it all. I am not much for eating sushi. Cook it and I will eat it all day long, jelly fish, squid, you name it, with very few exceptions.

I'm not a big steak eater. The only time I eat it is when I make the whole tenderloin - is that still steak when it's the whole thing or is that a roast? I have no idea.

Ribeye for me . The extra fat on it makes it more tender and tasty. Serve it with a tomato salad with gorgonzola cheese dressing and steak fries, and I'm in hawg heaven. Oh, I also like A-1 with my meat!

We have a specialty grocery store near us with prime steaks so beautifully marbled, when viewed in the case, they almost invoke a feeling of melancholy.

Kevin

U R a true foody. Your prime steak description gives you away. It's OK.....you're amongst many other food freaks on this site.

So how do you guys like your steaks aged?

When you think about it, it's sort of crazy to go out for steak. Easiest thing in the world to prepare at home and you can go buy prime meat and still come out of the deal at half price of a restaurant.

When you think about it, it's sort of crazy to go out for steak. Easiest thing in the world to prepare at home and you can go buy prime meat and still come out of the deal at half price of a restaurant.

I agree, but I always like the atmosphere of a steakhouse and a good steakhouse has sides second to none.
I had steak sashimi with wasabi mash potatoes last night as an appetizer which was awesome, it melted in your mouth. The gnocchi with king crab and black truffles were a tasty side as well. Im sure I could make something similar to these at home, but you have to treat yourself every once in a while.

You could say that for a lot of the stuff people order when they go out.

Porterhouse is my favorite cut.

Filet...

Just give me a Porterhouse alone on a big plate a beer. Thanks.:thumb:

My favorite steak is a NY Strip, however I recently had the most incredible steak, really meal, that I have ever had at Frontera Grill in Chicago. It is owned by Risk Bayless (who was there cooking that night!) the premiere Mexican chef in the US. Here is the description and link to their page, if you are in Chicago it is a must:

Frontera Grill

Carne Asada a la Oaxaquena: Creekstone Natural Black Angus rib steak, marinated in spicy red chile and wood- grilled, served with black beans, sweet plantains with sour cream, and guacamole. 29.50

Spark's Steakhouse in NYC has by far the best steak I've ever tasted.

Back