What's Your Favorite Steak?

For me, it's gotta be a filet mignon. And none of that silly bacon-wrapped stuff either. Second choice is a good lean sirloin. I'm a Jack Sprat kinda guy, so the less fat the better - then I don't have to spend my time cutting it off. :D

And whoever said earlier to put a horseradish crust on top of the filet was right, they're great that way! Or with some blue cheese crumbles.

My favorite steak is a NY Strip, however I recently had the most incredible steak, really meal, that I have ever had at Frontera Grill in Chicago. It is owned by Risk Bayless (who was there cooking that night!) the premiere Mexican chef in the US. Here is the description and link to their page, if you are in Chicago it is a must:

Frontera Grill

I have had that steak I believe, or something very similar off the Frontera menu. I have also made the guajillo sauce they marinate it in from a recipe in one of his cookbooks. Have you ever had the Chili Rellenos at the Frontera? They are sublime. They only make a limited number each night, and most are claimed early on by people waiting in line for the place to open. We eat at Frontera almost every time we go to Chicago, and we always go early to wait in line. Then when the guy comes down the line to ask you the size of your party, I order the Chili Rellenos entree as an appetizer, and my wife and I split it. Man, that is good.

Kevin

Back