Cleveland 588 MT Irons Preview Thread

Hmmm...wonder how this would fit into my hybrid/utility iron ponder...

Very nice! Pickup in store or special order? Guessing you hit them at the new Golf Galaxy up there that has the fitting cart?

Yes - the Grapevine store has a sweet setup across all the major OEM offerings. Special order - we'll see how long it takes - called it in this AM.

Thanks to War Eagles great feedback and additional PM responses (thank you), I took the plunge on a mixed set today of:

4-5 588 MT
6-DW 588 TT

All 2 up, shaft's (NS + 1/2") + Winn Dri-Tac's.

Looking forward to giving them a go and reporting back in.
Nice pickup dude! You're going to love them!

Thanks to War Eagles great feedback and additional PM responses (thank you), I took the plunge on a mixed set today of:

4-5 588 MT
6-DW 588 TT

Congrats on the pickup, looking forward to your feedback!

4-5 588 MT
6-DW 588 TT

That sounds like an awesome set NL! Really looking forward to hearing about your experiences with them.

4-5 588 MT
6-DW 588 TT

That sounds like a sweet set for sure!

I dream about this 3i.

Has anyone actually tried these in a graphite shaft? I'm pondering the 3/4 in the C KUA 83g hybrid shaft that some discussed in theory a while back.

Has anyone actually tried these in a graphite shaft? I'm pondering the 3/4 in the C KUA 83g hybrid shaft that some discussed in theory a while back.

I have not, but think these with a hybrid shafts could play a lot like a utility iron type of club

I dream about this 3i.

Would be curious to see how it compares to either of your hybrids or even the Cally utility iron. Loft is down to 19, but I bet it launches nice and high though.

Make it happen! Quite the cheap ponder all things considered. :D

Seriously. $90 custom bent is no biggie compared to what you'd pay for a driving iron or something like that.

Seriously. $90 custom bent is no biggie compared to what you'd pay for a driving iron or something like that.
Heck ya, and $108 with a C Kua Iron shaft, that's way cheaper than other hybrids out there!

Great video, thanks for posting Daniel. Gmac is loving the MT irons, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw more and more of them find their way in his bag.

As far as higher launching goes, yes please! Being able to hit a 5iron that isnt a low screamer, aka goper guillotine is something that I really enjoy. Plus, higher launch angle gives me a bit more distance than what I have seen out of a 5iron in the past.

GMAC needs a different hat.

Great video, thanks for posting Daniel. Gmac is loving the MT irons, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw more and more of them find their way in his bag.

As far as higher launching goes, yes please! Being able to hit a 5iron that isnt a low screamer, aka goper guillotine is something that I really enjoy. Plus, higher launch angle gives me a bit more distance than what I have seen out of a 5iron in the past.

I was just waiting for them to say that the top line was too thick. :D

I'll likely be in a PGA Superstore hitting these within the week.. I'm pretty excited about them, and really hope I can find a cart with a couple shaft options to get some numbers on.

The more I ponder my 2013 set, the more I lean towards getting into this new line, whether it's with the TTs or adding a couple of these MTs in the bag. I fear the talk about added launch angle, but am more than ready to give them a run.

Could you be more sure about these being in your MC bag Captain?

I enjoyed watching that, love seeing the pros giving some candid feedback. Higher, softer, and longer than they are accustomed to....no wonder so many are making the change.

MT 3/4/5 intrigue me.

I was just waiting for them to say that the top line was too thick. :D

That's just the Altitudes. :angel:

MT 3/4/5 intrigue me.

I'm pretty sure my 5 iron would be an MT. 6 probably would be as well. Luckily or unluckily I don't have to make that call

I'm pretty sure my 5 iron would be an MT. 6 probably would be as well. Luckily or unluckily I don't have to make that call

Just tell me what you want captain.

Back