What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played almost 17 holes with the taylormade tp3 ball. One of the best balls i have ever played, stood up to a lot of battering (few trees etc and my high swing speed). Would recommend it!

Still playing some 20xi s from last yr. I'm really liking them so far good distance, spin seems pretty good on full shots not sure on green side since I'm only playing a 48* right now.

Didn't play too well yesterday so decided to switch to a Burner Tour ball after about 3 holes. Have to say it performed better than expected - great distance, harder feel, but not nearly as much spin as a ProV1X or TMade Lethal/TP5. As an alternative for a not-so-serious round, will definitely use it in the future.

Went with the Wilson Staff Duo over the weekend. It was about 45 degrees when I was playing, but I was really impressed with how it held up off the tee, but checked up nicely on the green. Since it is soft ball, I have been told not to use it once the weather warms up because of swing speeds. But will definitely be using this ball until the weather warms up.

Played the 2012 NXT tour day before yesterday. The ball is a pretty good ball over all, straight off the tee, no problem checking on full swings, putts well and did not have any distance surprises. Sadly this ball has zero durability might as well get a Prov1 as I think they might last a bit longer. I gilled and cut the cover with a 8 iron (hogan apex plus). Not a bad ball at all other then knowing you will more then likely go threw a sleeve per 18.

B330-RX since I finally depleted my supply of off-season balls. Really do think that it's the best ball for me right now. The RXS is just a touch too spinny. I might try some other offerings, but unless something comes along and blows me away, this will be my primary gamer for the foreseeable future.

Oncore Evo.

Interesting.

I've been playing the new Callaway Hex Hot Pro lately. Mainly playing this over the rest of the Hex Chrome+ that I have because of the cooler temps and the less than ideal conditions. I'm very impressed with the ball though, great distance and the durability is top notch as well. I can't tell much about the spin or the stopping ability of it yet because of the conditions but I believe it will perform quite well in that aspect as well.

B330-RX since I finally depleted my supply of off-season balls. Really do think that it's the best ball for me right now. The RXS is just a touch too spinny. I might try some other offerings, but unless something comes along and blows me away, this will be my primary gamer for the foreseeable future.

same here, I tried the rxs last year and was balooning tee balls with it like crazy, the RX is just money for me!

Oncore Evo.

Interesting.

Did you just become a better golfer? Interesting concept for sure. Are they USGA approved or legal or whatever?

Did you just become a better golfer? Interesting concept for sure. Are they USGA approved or legal or whatever?

In the process of being approved, an older similar design was approved so they are very confident these will be too.

Definitely interesting, going to get another round in with them today.

Played some old penta tp I had sitting around left over from the buy two get on free deal. It was windy today and around 60 degrees, this has to be the worst wind ball I have ever played. Never seen a ball would get moved around this much by the wind. When the wind was pretty low at the start of the round it did great like always but when the wind picked up it was all over the place. Whipped out the old trusty E6, that played pretty well in side winds but was hitting into the wind and club up 2 clubs and I should have done 3 since it came up short and went swimming. Wish they would make balls that would float.

Normally playing a Srixon XV or Pro V1x, I have seen the Bridgestone Commercials for the B330-RX and was always intrigued. As this was my first full 18 this year in Wisconsin, I do not have a good comparison for this year, but I shot 86 with the RX and some of my drives and one fairway wood shot in particular were just bombs. I had 2 drives just under 300 on soft ground and a downwind 4 hybo that I hit 240. Best shot of the night was RBZ 3 on 18. Par 5 I was 250 out, slight cross wind at me and nuked it to 10 ft short of the green. Now I have all these V1x and XVs and I love the RX! :) Ball also held up quite well to my Callaway Jaws wedges. Great ball!

I played the Srixon Z-Star during my last round. This was the first premium ball that I've ever gamed and although it is noticeably spinnier and checks up better than what I'm used to, it doesn't appear to have any noticeable distance gains over what I usually game (Bridgestone E6 & E7). I know the Z-Star isn't a distance ball, I believe that's the niche the Z-Star XV fills, but I'm not sure that the price difference is justified for me and my game. Nice ball, though

I last played the NXT Tour S and was really impressed with how it performed. Gained a bit of distance off the tee and through the irons and it wasn't a bad spinning ball around the greens. I had been playing Penta TP5, but going to this one for a bit and see how it does!

Used a Nike One Tour D - still one of my favorite golf balls and the new Callaway Hex Hot ball.

Played a Bridgestone B330-S for 16 holes of my last round (lost one after 2 holes...:banghead:). Distance off the tee was about what I would expect - I've played longer balls, but not with this kind of control. It's control around the greens and on approach shots is absolutely awesome - it even checked up for me on a 220 yd approach with a hybrid! Not a great wind ball though - the TP Red LDP has been much better in wind for me. Shot an 86 on this round, which would have been about 3 or 4 strokes lower if I hadn't lost that one on #2!

Took up the E6's that survived last year's season. Only lost one with a slice off the tee on #3. I hit more straight drives than i normally do and had a few wedges stop with in 2-3 feet after landing. Love this ball.

After playing the bridgestone e6 for most of last year, i have switched to the e5. I won't be going back to the e6's mainly because i really like the e5's around the green and still have pretty good distances.

Still waiting for the grounds to dry up and the weather stay warm so I can try these new Lethal's I have. Till then, it's tp3

Tapa Slice

Lost two balls tonight.

Played the 2013 e5, and TaylorMade Rocketballz urethane.

I put one Rocketballz into the driving range, isn't go pick it up.

Lost the e5 god knows where, awesome hit I think the wind took it to the driving range but a tree was in my way so I lost it in flight.

That was all on hole 1.

Finished the round with the last Rocketballz urethane I had in my Clicgear.

I really like that ball, just don't really like seeing a seam.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Played with the penta tp3 today. A great ball for early spring conditions

Tapa Slice

Played with a B330RX. Worked pretty good till I put a giant crack in it. Then onto a ProV1. Noticed a lot more spin. Was nice. Maybe it was just because the RX was old. Then went to a Hex Black. All were similar until I got near the green. The ProV1 felt the best and spun the best. Would like to work some more with the RX, Hexs, Z-Star, and ProV1s till I find my perfect ball.

Been playing the Q Stars this season so far and I'm impressed. Much better for my game.

i played the Callaway Chrome + the last time out. I really like the feel and control of this ball. And the durability is fantastic. It might be the best all around ball that I have found.

Back