What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played 9 with the left dash ProV1x. Liked it, seemed to fly good off the driver. Hard to tell about wedge spin as the greens where just punched and sandy.

Chrome soft X. First time using it. First time using it. It lasted the entire 9 holes before I had to retire it after it bounced off of some rocks. Really really good off the tee. The back 9 is where the reachable par 3’s are but had to cut the round short before testing its holding power. Will be at the same course for a full round next week and can’t wait to try it again. IMG_1753.jpeg

Not my normal gamer but I’ve put 81 straight holes on the same Pro V1x and am seriously impressed with the durability. I’ve hit a number of trees and a lot of wedge shots and I don’t think I’ve seen any ball hold up like this one.

I got frustrated last night with having to replace my Chrome Soft every couple of holes because of major wear, found a Bridgestone E12 on the course, and proceeded to play it the next 15 holes. It was my first time playing the E12, but came away impressed. Distance was good and I didn't have any issue stopping on the green without rolling out. After finishing the round I noticed that the E12 looked no worse for the wear. I'm not sure if they are consistently that durable, but had a good experience with it.

Played the new Mizuno 566 ball with the Micro Dimple Pattern.
Have to be honest, kinda liked them. Picked them up from Prime Days for $17.00
From the Mizuno Website:
The RB566 is an even softer feeling version of its predecessor with a new micro-dimple configuration to maintain hang-time past the apex of flight. With a softer yet higher energy core, the RB566 offers a great balance of high trajectory, soft feel and all-round performance.
I will say for sure that I saw longer hang-times with this ball. Man, it launches high and stays there.
Got some check up off of irons.

I'd play them again.

I got frustrated last night with having to replace my Chrome Soft every couple of holes because of major wear, found a Bridgestone E12 on the course, and proceeded to play it the next 15 holes. It was my first time playing the E12, but came away impressed. Distance was good and I didn't have any issue stopping on the green without rolling out. After finishing the round I noticed that the E12 looked no worse for the wear. I'm not sure if they are consistently that durable, but had a good experience with it.
I've played a few rounds this summer with the e12 Contact and, yes, they do hold up well. The e12 Contact in my practice bag has endured about 60 wedge shots at the practice green and is still in as-new condition.

Mine are the Matte Green edition, which are very easy to spot in the rough--I didn't lose a single e12 Contact in ~36 holes of play. The dimples do plug with dirt more easily than a gloss-finish ball, but they're easy enough to clean.

I played a couple of rounds last week with the CSX Triple Track, yellow. It is a great ball. I have shot my two lowest rounds this year with it.

My last two rounds were with Bridgestone B XS. It's one of my Ballnamics top recommendations. A very durable ball that spins nicely greenside. Not as straight or long as a CSX LS, but straighter and as long as a CSX. A bit softer feeling imo than A CSX, but not as soft as a CS.

Would I game it? Yes. Is it my number one? No, that's still the CSX LS.

As a sidenote, had one 2h sim session with Srixon Z-Star and I was already seeing the cover being damaged on some balls hit with irons.

Last edited:
Srixon Z-Star - seemed to come up short all day. I have to move back to CSX and see for sure if it’s that ball or me.

Had a day with the greens soft and receptive. All I had were urethane balls in my bag, and they were just plain spinning too much. Buddy tossed me a Warbird. Fast and long off the driver. High flying off the irons, not very spinny, but that was the order of the day because urethane balls were spinning back too much, even my usual spin mitigator, the TM Tour Response. Warbird seemed pretty stable in the wind, but a little tough to shape off the tee. Not my cup of tea usually, but with this courses greens complexes, clubbing up, slowing down and allowing for more run out just wasn't going to get it done. I will keep a couple in the bag for soft conditions that are so prevalent spring and fall.

Chrome soft has been my ball all tour season except a few times with ERC soft. It’s been very solid for me. Some massive drives off the tee especially last tourney. Lots of great control around the greens too.

PV1X...love the ball. hate the price.

Still the OnCore Avant55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro V1 from a friend. It made it 16 holes with one of my best scores on that course so I guess it did okay. It seemed to have a more penetrating flight but still good peaking on approach shots compared to the ERC Soft I have been gaming for awhile.

Went through a dozen Vice Tour balls last week in Myrtle. Normally play Chrome Soft (regular). They were not bad. With my game it's tough to tell any great differences though, to be fair. Would consider buying them again.

The only negative is I struggled with less than full swing approach shots with them. They just felt dead and I left most woefully short. Not sure if that's the ball, or me. I don't normally have that issue with the CS.

I used Maxfli Tour X last time out (while the weather was still good). I like them. They give me as much length as anything else and hold the green as much as anything
else I've hit lately too but no ball holds great for me. I've lost too much swing speed and my ball now hits the green at a fairly low angle.

TopFlite Hammer Control yellow is my gamer for the season. Does everything I need it to do for me. Game is getting better every round. My CBX2's love this ball...
So, this was me last year, playing the TF Hammer Control. Nice 2-piece ball.. This year had a round where I lost 15 of these buggers in one round. A lot of it was me, and used up my supply while out of town. Had the BIL take me to Dicks so I could buy more balls, as we were playing a round the next day. Walked into the store, headed for the golf balls, and I walked right past the HC's! My BIL says, here is your ball. I told him I can't even look at that ball! Bought me some Maxfli Softfli's. My present gamer. I recently gave a sleeve of the HC's to a buddy if mine to try them out, as he is currently looking for a ball, and has tried several other balls during this past season. Just last weekend, he put the TF Hammer Control in play, as he has told me how he was plesantly surprised at this ball. Said he spent a lot of time in the fairway off the tee, and approach shots were spot on. He played the front with another ball, and played the HC starting on the back 9. Said he wished he would have started the round with the Hammer! So, I have said that I might revisit the HC sometime, but, just not now. I have 2 boxes leftvover in my stash, I told him he could have them, at a discount price($10 a box).. He is really excited that he may have finally found "his" ball! He is a high capper like me, and tends to lose some during a round, so he plays "value" balls, like me. We are not tour guys, and we don't play regularly, so the value balls are a good place for us, being that we do lose some. We don't stress, as those who lose a $5 ball. So, now that winter is fast approaching, getting out is growing slimmer everyday, but we are enjoying a little warm spell this week. Maybe my buddy and I might still get a round or two in, and he can show me how his "new ball" plays for him...

Played all day with a chrome soft LS. It did everything I needed.. it’s really pretty perfect for me. Wonder what will happen next in the Callaway line..

I played the CSX LS because it's the best ball around!

And then I played a new one a little bit and now I'm confused about something. 😆

Over the past 40 rounds, the previous generation Z-Star.

Love it. Put it in play during the exact round when I made a change to my set-up. Since, my index has come down by 5 strokes.

Mostly due to set-up, but just the same, the ball stays in the bag.

Both the Kirkland Performance V3 yellow front 9 and TM TP5X back 9. The Kirkland V3 yellow performed pretty well, but felt quite firm to me. Noticeably firmer feel than the V2 and the TP5X. Definitely like the feel of the TP5X more than the Kirkland V3. Distance seemed a little shorter with the Kirkland V3 than the TP5X for me. Still need more testing to see, but those are just my first thoughts.

I have one TP5 I reserve for only sim season. I usually play one for a long time because I am not concerned about the effects of wedge scuffs upon aerodynamics. At least that was all I thought would be going on. Old beat up sim ball was displaying an inordinate amount of driver spin, So I tried a new TP5 and driver spin was back down to acceptable levels.
I don't know if it was because the ball was a couple generations old, If it was just beaten down and wanted to spin, or the very worn cover was gripping the driver face too much. Iron and wedge spin were essentially the same . But the old warrior got unceremoniously retired.

Back