What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot an 86 today. First full 18 of the season, only my third round overall. 42-44 at the Ravines course at Cog Hill. Great course, it was a great challenge and I'll be posting a review of it soon. I'd love to get back out there and play it once the trees bloom and the grass turns all green, I'm sure it is even more gorgeous!

hell of a back 9 dude. way to go. i did somewhat opposite, 41/44. i could've played 15 a bit smarter though, but i was so close to driving the green!
Thanks, Jack. You played well. Damn you hit the ball a long way :)

First round this year off the back tees to normal greens yesterday. Shot 39/44 = 83. Felt I played better than my score would suggest but got punished for 2 poor tee shots. Playing the 4 par 3s in +4, not a single par, probably didn't help!

Unlucky Doc, we had lovely weather and it makes such a difference. 34 putts is good especially if you had hollow tyning as we had.

Yeah, it was a shame we didn't get the same weather as what we had on Saturday as it was a lot nicer, but you can't guarantee it I suppose when you are playing along clifftops

Am just uploading a couple pics from the par 3 8th hole from my phone as it would probably look quite nice in the summer

Edit - pics below

View from tee

IMAG0044_zps62403fd0.jpg

View looking down from the tee

IMAG0045_zps571cc16c.jpg

Stood on the tee with the view to the right of the hole

IMAG0047_zpsb5be0cb5.jpg

Edit number 2 - hopefully the scorecard

Course: Magdalene Fields Berwick
Start Time: 7/4/2013, 10:30
Duration: 3:40

HOLE
OUT
IN
TOT
AVG
HCP
NET
Men's Normal (70)
Stroke Index
PAR
Glenn
N/A
N/A
Preston
N/A
N/A

Holes Won Outright:

Glenn: 8
Preston: 4

Last edited:
I had the same mediocre score both days this weekend and the same nine hole scores. 85 (41-44) ....oh well.

I shot 87. 45-42. My tee game is gone. I hit 5/14 FWs and only 2 GIR.

45/50 for a 95. The weather was great and I actually hit a ton of solid shots. But five 3 putts, two 2 chips and 3 to get from a bunker pretty much sealed my fate for breaking 90. Sucks to because I was hitting my irons so well and hit 6 GIR. I wasnt even that mad becasue I felt I hit the ball so solid. Alittle more short game practice and I think it is the start of a good season.

Dang, JH, that is one crazy day! At least you played a great round to close it out. That's much better than finishing with the bad one.
Thanks. The best part is found something I'm my grip that kept my drives in the fairway.

GREAT weekend--almost amazing!

GREAT weekend--almost amazing!

Saturday:
Played fantastic golf for 10 holes....the first six and last four. I have developed a middle-of-the-round slump of late (more on that later).
If you looked just at holes 1-6 and 15-18, I was MINUS ONE on those ten.Too bad the hump cost me a bunch of strokes. I ended up with a measley 82.
Highlights from the round include;
  • a gigantic 50ft double-breaking downhill putt for birdie
  • hitting 10 FIR
  • having only 26 putts (because I missed a lot of GIR by a few yards and chipped well enough for one putts)
  • and rolling over the hole for the closest-to-an-ACE shot I've ever had. Downhill par 3 playing 147 but a tiny helper wind. Hit a nice high 9-iron that landed short, hopped once, rolled out and down the hill and hit the dang flag, jumping up and hitting the lip but not falling in the hole. My group, and the group on the next tee were all hollering how I got robbed. That's how it rolls in this game, though.

Sunday:
Another early morning round; feeling pumped after the previous day's round.
Another solid first 5 holes. The slump started a hole earlier today, but ended a bit sooner, but not before inflicting some damage. I have no idea why these middle six holes are killing me, as they're really not that tough and two of them are par 3s and one is a driveable 4.
Anyway, still solid ball striking after a setup and grip pressure change; highly encouraging. Ended up with 84 :(
Highlights from the round;
  • Getting onto a par 5 in two, although I 3-jacked from 40ft
  • 9 FIRs on a windy day, only got out-driven once by one of the dudes in my group (no, they weren't all 70yrs old!)
  • Chip-in birdie from 10yds
  • 30 putts
  • lag putts to < 1ft
  • distance control; tons of pin high shots

If I could take the best 18 from both rounds, I would have been +1. The slump holes are just killing me. Lots of doubles that jump out and attack from nowhere.
All I have to do is figure out how to put all that into one round.
Playing so well this weekend, I wish the Outing was coming up this weekend, because at this point, I'm in much better shape with my game than I was last year at Grand Cypress. I just need to work on my sand play a bit and keep the swing thoughts in play.

excellent ! the wind was definitely a factor at times, but your shot on 16, that was awesome !

This was yesterday.

Picture5_zps9f1fb578.png

I started playing the e6 on the back nine and it was a fairway finder. I really need to work on my 3W off the deck. I'm happy with my score though.

"A good walk spoiled by a little white ball" can pretty much sum up my round yesterday - Played Spooky Brook in Franklin Township, NJ.

Driver was playing awful for me yesterday - high flight, but was fighting a push/slice the entire time. (Only hit 6 fairways)

Shot 98 - 45 / 53 - and that was with a 9 on the number one Handicap par 4 hole....ugh...still ashamed at myself for that.

Thank god my putter was working though! Speed was dead on after the 2nd hole - many 1-putts :)

To top the bad day of golf, I noticed the head on my 56* Vokey is starting to separate from the shaft (about 1/8" gap between collar and head)

At least the weather was amazing and got some nice color!

I contracted a stomach bug from some bad seafood and missed an entire weekend of beautiful weather :arrogant:

This was yesterday's round but a 51/48 for a 99. Terrible round really every good shot was backed by a terrible one. But I did manage to get one of my golf balls into my uncles bag without touching a club from about 20 yards out. I was pretty impressed with that one. Then a couple holes later probably ruined my 54* with an unforeseen rock in the ground :(

I'm in between jobs, start the new one next monday, so I decided to play every day this week. Mind you I've only been playing for 6 months (but quite a bit since then), but I'm excited, the week started great!

After an awful night of sleep, I went to shoot my best round yet. Previous was 99, today I shot a 93 (48/45). Par 72, around 6500 yards from the white tees. I'm amazed that I was able to achieve that and not hit a SINGLE GIR! I suck, but usually I get at least 3-4 GIRs. Today, zilch. But even with today's game, I lost 3 strokes by poor course management on the front 9 (trying stupid difficult shots from the trees instead of punching back to the fairway and going for Bogey). I honestly think (and hope) I can break 90 by the end of the week!

41/42/45 today, 27 holes. Played a course in Grand Island I rarely play and struggled a little with my irons. It's tough to fully trust firing through the ball to first base, I either pushed hard left or hooked the ball.

15/17/16 putts, almost every put for the day was short but on line.

i played like crap today.... mentally and physically wasn't there driver broke on the first hole again.... just couldn't get in a groove. lots of bogeys and ended with a double par snowman on 18.... ended up with a 82 and sunburn on my bald head. but at least i was out on a perfect day!

Played in a scramble. We shot a fairly unremarkable 59 considering the quality of players in the group (3 of the guys were single digits).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Played in a scramble. We shot a fairly unremarkable 59 considering the quality of players in the group (3 of the guys were single digits).

Nice, where was it?

Shot a 43 after work today. Doubled the par 3 9. Tee shot a little short and in a weird spot of the bunker. Really had no stance. Had to hit sideways so I could actually go at the green. Driver was money again. Hit all FIR's. 27 holes with my XHot driver, havent missed a fairway yet. Color me impressed. First round with my new SC GoLo and I was very pleased. Will update the XHot forum testing thread later with how I faired with the XHot Hybrid.

This was yesterday.

Picture5_zps9f1fb578.png

I started playing the e6 on the back nine and it was a fairway finder. I really need to work on my 3W off the deck. I'm happy with my score though.

Is that an app on your phone or computer? If the weather ever gets nice I would like to find something to log score, gir, putts, etc.

Nice, where was it?

Eagles. I had never played there before, but I believe it was called the Lakes course. Everyone said Forest is more fun.

Shot a 43 after work today. Doubled the par 3 9. Tee shot a little short and in a weird spot of the bunker. Really had no stance. Had to hit sideways so I could actually go at the green. Driver was money again. Hit all FIR's. 27 holes with my XHot driver, havent missed a fairway yet. Color me impressed. First round with my new SC GoLo and I was very pleased. Will update the XHot forum testing thread later with how I faired with the XHot Hybrid.

That's some impressive fairway numbers dev

Yeah 27 FIRs in a row is really good Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back