What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9 and shot a 38 with a double along with THREE birdies.

14 putts, knocked down two 18 footers for two birdies and lipped out a 22 footer for eagle that left a tap in birdie. I'm going to love the mFGP2 PR.

Played 9 and shot a 38 with a double along with THREE birdies.

14 putts, knocked down two 18 footers for two birdies and lipped out a 22 footer for eagle that left a tap in birdie. I'm going to love the mFGP2 PR.

Great round bro!

Well that's impressive James, nice playing!

Shot 96 (49/47). I was pretty happy with that score. Today was gusty and had intermittent downpours. My playing partners quit after 11 holes but I played on. I was wet but I had a blast. Driver was crap today though. I was hitting it alright on the range but turned to crap on the course. Putting was decent today.

Great round bro!

Thanks buddy, played with an old ass GEEK dct driver today because the Xhot/White-Tie is going to visit Illinois and I didn't have any other shafts tipped yet for my Fit head...didn't think that one through to well. Still played pretty good, the double was a bad break by hitting a 150 yard UW over the green from 125 thanks to an Oklahoma wind gust, can't do anything but laugh at something like that.

Hitting a draw with all of my irons now and I have NEVER done that before, its really pretty, but damn I'm not used to that.

Is that an app on your phone or computer? If the weather ever gets nice I would like to find something to log score, gir, putts, etc.

It's oobgolf.com. They do have an app on my iPhone but I will keep a regular scorecard then transfer it to the website when I get home. It's a great stat tracker

Front 9

3/7 FIR, 5/9 GIR, 14 putts - 37 (+1). No horrible misses, played rather well and was happy with my ball striking. I switched and gamed my custom TP Mills softail with site dot. I think this may stay in the bag because I was having zero problems lining up my putts.

Back 9

3/7 FIR, 3/9 GIR, 16 putts - 41 (+5). My game fell of on the back 9. The bad misses came into play and started losing confidence in my swing. +5 after the first 3 holes on the back, and was able regroup and string 6 pars in a row to finish off the round.

Was rather happy with the round overall. Just one of those days where I got a lot of chipping practice in.

It's oobgolf.com. They do have an app on my iPhone but I will keep a regular scorecard then transfer it to the website when I get home. It's a great stat tracker

Thanks a lot! I would love to try it out, but it's only been about 40 degrees, still waiting to get in my first round!

38, bogey on 3, 8 and 9. birdie on 5. made the par 5 6th in 2, but 3 putted... 15 total putts. 4 greens.

Was yesterday, but I went 54-58-112. Temps were in the low 50's; wind was consistently about 35 mph with gusts up to 45 or so. It was very difficult on exposed elevated area's to putt or hit any shot that wasn't low and hard. 1st, 10th, 11th 13th, 14th and 15th were all pretty poor efforts. 43 putts was really bad too but the greens had been recently aerated. Finished Bogey-Par-Bogey which left me feeling alright about the day and looking forward to the next trip out. 7/14 FIR and 3/18 GIR. Hopefully not as much wind next time.

Ended up shooting a 96 today but it was a fun round, was able to sneak 9 more in shot and shot 40, 9 strokes better on that nine that the previous.

Ended up shooting a 96 today but it was a fun round, was able to sneak 9 more in shot and shot 40, 9 strokes better on that nine that the previous.

27 holes on a day like today I could shoot a 120 and still be happy. Thank god this weather finally is breaking.

27 holes on a day like today I could shoot a 120 and still be happy. Thank god this weather finally is breaking.

Positive Mitch was out in full force, I was frustrated but certainly enjoyed it. I did some things well, that second nine I tried playing more of a smart game, three wood, hybrids off the tee, worked on pre shot routine. Seemed to help, hopefully I can get some lessons soon.

Since there is no golf banter thread I'll post this here. When I was in Florida I found a golf ball stuck in a palm tree's weird leave thing coming off the trunks. I thought that was cool.

Also I shot a 41 for golf tryouts in the down pouring rain. Granted it was from the fronts to speed it up... 2nd best. Don't know if we will play today as it's currently storming and thunder and lightning means no golf.

First round since the Orlando get together, shot a 76 with some really good putting saves. Maybe I should just keep taking 5 or 6 weeks off between rounds.

First round since the Orlando get together, shot a 76 with some really good putting saves. Maybe I should just keep taking 5 or 6 weeks off between rounds.
Nice dude! You always come back from your golf breaks strong. Like the 73 you shot at Waterlefe.

Thanks buddy, played with an old ass GEEK dct driver today because the Xhot/White-Tie is going to visit Illinois and I didn't have any other shafts tipped yet for my Fit head...didn't think that one through to well. Still played pretty good, the double was a bad break by hitting a 150 yard UW over the green from 125 thanks to an Oklahoma wind gust, can't do anything but laugh at something like that.

Hitting a draw with all of my irons now and I have NEVER done that before, its really pretty, but damn I'm not used to that.

I lust for your draw.

Can't complain about that! Nice round TB

Last round was Sunday. Total frustration. Hit the ball well (for the most part) but just couldn't put things together to score. Missed a ton of makeable birdie putts, and then had three doubles (hit two balls in the water). Not like me at all.

040713.png

And then today looks like this, so no redemption:

20130409_105120.jpg

Today i played a short par 3 course for the for the first round of the year. My approach shots were decent from tee but my chipping ad putting was awesome compared to last year. Ended up with a 2 over 29.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Today i played a short par 3 course for the for the first round of the year. My approach shots were decent from tee but my chipping ad putting was awesome compared to last year. Ended up with a 2 over 29.

Nice way to start the year!

The Golf Club at Ballantyne, Resort Course
Par 71, 6270 yds, 69.1/128

39/41 for an 80
9/13 fw
9 gir
34 putts

Just could not make a putt today, a couple 5 footers were my longest and too many 1-2 footers to count. The good news is the ball striking was there for a good round, and the putting wasn't horrendous, just not falling. Those burnt edges will be birdies next time out hopefully. The highlight was a nice chip-in birdie on #5.

75% fairways hit with the driver the last four rounds and have shot on or just under the handicap all four. Distances are about dialed in with the new irons so I'm excited about where the game is headed this early in the season.

Oh, and it was 80* and sunny with not a single cloud in the Carolina blue sky.

vavaruje.jpg

y6ysu3es.jpg

Man Woo, that snow has got to be getting old!

Nice round JLit.

Thnks. I know im not there yet but I was glad to see some of the progress I was having about all winter.

Man Woo, that snow has got to be getting old!

It's not very fun, but it's supposed to be in the 60s Friday again so it won't last long. April in Colorado can be tricky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back