Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

i believe in all things XHOT!!!!! Full Review of my round and this driver with my new shaft coming soon..... if you have to hit a fairway to earn the bomb patch i would have earned 4! this club is a BEAST... SUPER TRI IS GOING UP FOR SALE VERY SOON!

Dude, towering ball. Never hit it this high before. I was able to bring it done with a negative decent but when I swung with a positive impact the ball launched.

As if I didn't want to before, now I really want to get to the range.

i believe in all things XHOT!!!!! Full Review of my round and this driver with my new shaft coming soon..... if you have to hit a fairway to earn the bomb patch i would have earned 4! this club is a BEAST... SUPER TRI IS GOING UP FOR SALE VERY SOON!

jeebus bro!

Ok so my last 2 rounds with the XHOT 9.5* i've had it set at neutral and had the 5X B Asha in it i think its playing at 45 inches. its been long but very inconsistent and i've been spraying my drives A LOT more than i normally do. so today i went to golftec and was working on stuff on the SIM and i opened the face and was seeing a straighter longer and more consistent flight. i was really happy with that. i got home from golftec to find my other B Asha had arrived a 47" 7S that i ordered i wasn't sure if i wanted to go play or go to the range first to see what was up with both shafts but i figured i'd go and play 9 with one and 9 with the other well lets just say i never changed the shafts out and played 18 with the 7S set to open. i was absolutely crushing the ball... and i was straight for the most part. so heres the deal... i've had my Super Tri for 2-3 years now and with my Miyazaki Kusala Black 72S i hit it consistently close to 300 and straight. No other driver thats come out had ever since then given me more distance or enough that i would ever consider changing my driver out. and usually not as much consistency as i have with the super tri. Today i realized the distance increase with the X HOT! my 2 shortest drives today were 285 and 293 every other drive was over 300 4 were over 320 and in the fairway and i had another that was over 320 and in the right rough. longest 4 in the fairway that i GPS with my watch were 320,321,324,331 the 331 was on 18 and i was even with the green it says its playing from where i was 355 so i didn't even bother aiming at the green i aimed at the fairway at the bend and it hit and rolled and kept rolling right up to the left of the green. the big thing i noticed is i'm still def loading the shaft really well like i do with the Kusala Black... but i'm seeing a better ball flight i don't get much roll with my Super Tri i actually plug quite a bit. sometimes i get ZERO roll. with the B Asha and X HOT i am seeing a very penetrating ball flight that doesn't peak and start coming down it goes out long and keeps climbing then even outs for a bit then starts to come down and i'm assuming thats helping me get some roll out as well. i usually don't get that excited about hitting it far because i hit it far often but today was a lot of fun and 15-20 yards gain is hard to ignore especially when i've hit almost every new driver thats come out and not seen any increase from my super tri. consistency was not really great but it was my first time out with it and i did lose 2 balls right one that got me into a little bit of trouble the other i got lucky and it stayed in bounds. i hit 6/14 FIR and had 4 Drives go long one was actually in the green side bunker. and i had 4 drives go right and like i said 2 of them could have really caused me issues as they were sliced. the other great thing about me getting my drives straightened out and hitting it further was i was able to hit a TON of GIR 14/18 today. you figure 15-20 yard gains is 2 clubs shorter for me so i don't think i hit more than a 6 iron twice today once on a par 5 and once on a par 4 that i hit iron off the tee. Anyway Really Really Happy with this combo. interested to see how the Xtreme fairs once i get it. it was actually longer on the SIM for me but that was with stock shafts i couldn't imagine the Xtreme being even longer for me. Guess i'll be finding out soon enough.

Only if you could use this beast in the MC.

Only if you could use this beast in the MC.

haha yeah i'm really curious if the Xtreme is longer? i've read quite a few places the Xtreme is longer than the XHOT for people with faster swing speeds. it also helped A LOT that i had a shaft very close to what i've been playing for the last 2 years.

i do know the Xtreme for me was more accurate and longer great thing is i can put them head to head and find out. i can still close my eyes and see my ball flight from my drives today. its not often i impress myself with a drive today blew my mind a little bit.

Buck, that is amazing. I saw some similar gains (although not ad long overall) when I hit the XHot in the sim. You really have me wanting to sneak out of work early tomorrow if I can.

Buck, that post above is clearly from a man who is some kind of excited. I could feel your excitement just reading it. Great results man!

I really enjoyed hitting my XHP today. When I get ahold of it, it's definitely way longer than my previous driver.

I just gotta get my driver swing fixed. I feel like my irons are coming together, but my driver is still way too inconsistent. Far too much short-arming and holding off the release. I think a lesson is in order when I get back from the Ohio outing. But never fear....this sucker is going to sing by Morgan Cup time!

Buck, that is amazing. I saw some similar gains (although not ad long overall) when I hit the XHot in the sim. You really have me wanting to sneak out of work early tomorrow if I can.

i won't tell chunky if you don't!

i won't tell chunky if you don't!

Hahaha...I have been so busy today that this is my first moment to even check THP. I really want to get out of here and go hit some balls, but it looks like I am going to have to wait 1 more day.

I really enjoyed hitting my XHP today. When I get ahold of it, it's definitely way longer than my previous driver.

I just gotta get my driver swing fixed. I feel like my irons are coming together, but my driver is still way too inconsistent. Far too much short-arming and holding off the release. I think a lesson is in order when I get back from the Ohio outing. But never fear....this sucker is going to sing by Morgan Cup time!

Let the ball get in the way of the club. Stop worrying about where it will go abs swing through to your finish

I am Anxious to get this bad boy back on the course. How are my Callaway brothers in arms doing with there Xhot and Xhot pros?

Hit the xhot good again yesterday was messing around with how hard I was swinging trying to find that perfect swing speed for this. Gonna get out today and work with that more on the range and try the kusala black in it as well see if the ball flight is better or more distance. Really do like the club a lot.

LOL....Buck is going to be so confused when his Xtreme gets here.........a love triangle Callaway style.

Let the ball get in the way of the club. Stop worrying about where it will go and swing through to your finish

Nope....I've never heard this advice from Freddie for myself....other than about 15 times. :alien:

Buck, you're a MONSTER!!!!!

Buck needs a do over button right about now.

I hope Jman doesn't want his X-Hot back :D

Played today in a league and one of the foursome had the x hot pro. We both talking about how much we enjoyed the clubs in our bag. I was 10/ 14 fairways two if the misses were on the correct side with little damage. Two were fatal and really hurt the score. Both bad tee shots were poor swings ( didn't finish). Was even on the par 5 fives. One birdie one bogey and two pars. ( using xhot 3 wood on second shot). Titleist 910 stays in the trunk for another month.

I've got 2 rounds and a couple range sessions in with my X Hot Pro that I'll be using for the Morgan Cup. I could go into how great the looks are but it's been covered a ton so I'll skip that part, but just know, I love the look!

To recap, I got the X Hot Pro in 9.5 degree with a Fubuki K Series (60g) shaft in it. In my fitting I chose this setup because I had more of a low/boring ball flight and quite a bit less backspin than any other setup. I needed to get my backspin down, the thing with the stock setup that killed me was back spin in the 3400 rpm range and up sometimes. The Fubuki in the XHP 9.5 head got my numbers down clear to the low 2000's in the fitting simulator at my golf shop.

My first shots with the driver came on Friday during a pre-round warm up so I hardly had the chance to get real comfortable with things before it was time to hit the course but I was immediately surprised at just how low my flight was, I knew I wanted it but because my fitting was inside I didn't really get to see the flight for real until then. I was a little surprised at just how low the first few shots went, low and hooking. My immediate reaction was uh-oh...what have I done? I hit about 6 or 7 balls on the range before I started seeing what I was hoping for, then I hit a few really good balls in a row and put the driver in the bag and headed to the first tee.

It took me a while to get it in the groove on the course, but I finally settled into some tee balls and really started to get that confident swagger with it. The ball flight is low and when I nail it the thing just goes. I hit everything with a small draw with the occasional bigger hook which is not something I've seen consistently for a while. I didn't hit a ton of fairways, but I didn't lose a ball or hit into a hazard off the tee at all. My best shot came on hole 10, it's a 376 yard par 4 that is straight away. We had a 10 mph tail wind on that hole so I knew it was time to see what I could do, I smoked it and GPS measured it at 310 yards and dead center of the fairway. Two holes later now with that same wind straight right to left I took aim at the right side of the FW and smoked one, this had a more pronounced draw but still found the left side of the fairway, this was GPS'd at 306 yards. I had another good ball on a 297 yard par 4 where I drove the ball pin high into the green side bunker.

So before I played Saturday I went and spent about an hour on the range hitting mostly driver. I am teeing the ball a good 1/4" to almost 1/2" higher than I normally do and this is giving me the best ball flight and distance. Saturday started with a hammered ball at my home course 10th hole that put me closer to the green than I've ever been. The hole measures 409 and I had 86 yards left, I did take a different line so I cut off some yardage but a great ball indeed. I hit a couple shots where I missed higher on the face and toward the toe, one resulted in a huge high push slice that really sucked to watch but the other actually still resulted in a decent ball that went around 260 or so. Again on Saturday I didn't hit a ton of FW but I once again didn't lose a ball and most of the time I was just off if not in the FW. Still saw a lot of draws, which is fine because I'm hitting the ball a lot longer, part of that is results of my lesson back on Feb 1, just evidence that I'm on the right track I think.

After the round on Saturday I was talking to our head pro who is the one I got my lesson from and he wants to get me out on the range with his fitting equipment and just see where we're at for numbers. I suspect I'm right where I was indoors which was exactly what I was hoping for, it just related to ball flight that was a little lower than I was even expecting. I'll go get the numbers on the range just to pick his brain on helping me find some more distance with my driver which is another topic we discussed Saturday anyway. It didn't sound like he was interested in charging me, just more interested in his new toys (fitting gear) and my new driver so if nothing else I can parlay that into a free lesson...haha.

I'll be getting back out a lot this week, I'm looking forward to getting out there and just getting some more reps to get to the point where I know exactly where my ball will go, I'll be honest, I wasn't quite sure where to aim with the ball going right to left like it was. I did try to hit a few fades and that seemed to be easy enough to do so it's nice to know it's there if I need it, but I kinda like this draw a LOT more!

Great stuff jake. It's a solid driver all around I've really been impressed.

Great stuff jake. It's a solid driver all around I've really been impressed.
Thanks Buck. I started thinking about my recap and thought it sounded kind of dumb that I was talking to my pro about getting more driver distance after telling about 3 balls that went over 300 this weekend, it's true that I can hit the ball that far once in a while and anyone who's played with me has seen it, but the thing I don't do is always hit it like that. Seems like I go on these runs like I did at Caledonia last year in the Morgan Cup where I can pound the snot out of the ball but it doesn't happen with near the regularity that it should given the fact that I know I can do it. So my plan it to find out what I'm doing when I do have those days and learning how to have those days more often than I do now. This driver certainly is a key element though, I know it's there with this club in my hand, just gotta make it the norm now!

Back