Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Great looking drivers boys. I'm partial to Yorkie's since it looks like the one I'm gaming at the moment. That gray head looks really good with the white shaft.

So my last 2 rounds I was really spraying my drives a lot. Getting great distance but losing them left or right. More left. And right is my normal miss so today at GolfTec I messed with the face again and set it to open straightened my ball flight a lot and was seeing more distance. Then played 18 on the sim and hit a lot of straight long drives. Think I may have got this worked out still interested to see if I like the other B Asha more or not. But glad I am seeing a straight ball flight or at least know where I'm gonna miss it.

good to hear buck. Hope you see those same results on the course

I'm with you Buck. Opening up the face seemed like a good setting for me at the range.

I'm with you Buck. Opening up the face seemed like a good setting for me at the range.

Bring the flight down a little with the White-Tie to where you like it?

Bring the flight down a little with the White-Tie to where you like it?

It did on the range. Haven't LM tested it yet, but it looked good to my eye. Actually got a better looking shot shape out of it too.

It did on the range. Haven't LM tested it yet, but it looked good to my eye. Actually got a better looking shot shape out of it too.

I thought that would be the case, I actually played it set to open about 80% of the time myself, it just works. The head and shaft are just a hell of a pairing in the end IMO.

For whatever reason, this is about the only thing I can swing worth a damn right now. Crap everywhere except the driver.

For whatever reason, this is about the only thing I can swing worth a damn right now. Crap everywhere except the driver.

Those damn lulls happen, and I hate them with a passion.

Yea no biggie at all.

good to hear buck. Hope you see those same results on the course

Me to my other shaft just showed up to might have to hit the links or range

Beautiful new drivers, gents!
Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but does opening or closing the face of the X Hot change the loft a bit?

I'm not gonna lie lads. I am seriously jealous at how cool these drivers turned out

They are gorgeous aren't they?!

I'm about 45 minutes away from my maiden driving range session with mine. I'm a little excited!

And so you should be excited. I will be.

Team Callaway are gonna be splitting fairways and breaking hearts this year

I'm about 45 minutes away from my maiden driving range session with mine. I'm a little excited!
Isn't it funny how we spend all this time in the past hitting the exact same club that we ordered but once we get that new club in, we revert back to the unknown and hope for the best in the first few hits or sessions. Love it!

I'm expecting video footage of that session too

Beautiful new drivers, gents!
Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but does opening or closing the face of the X Hot change the loft a bit?

It does. Opening lowers loft and vise-versa. I don't know the exact specs on this one though.

I'm about 3 hours from mine. I'm so looking forward to it.

Great looking drivers boys. I'm partial to Yorkie's since it looks like the one I'm gaming at the moment. That gray head looks really good with the white shaft.

It really is a great looking driver.

Color me jealous. I am hoping to get to the range Friday but lately it has been pretty cold and dark when I get out of work. May have to sneak out a little early for a change.

It does. Opening lowers loft and vise-versa. I don't know the exact specs on this one though.

With my miss I do not think opening the face would be a good idea. Might just slice one off the planet instead of just missing the fairway.

Well my maiden voyage with the X Hot Pro has been delayed yet again. :disapointed: The range was closed because it's too soupy from all the snow melting. He promised me that tomorrow I'm good to go and that my 2:30 tee time is still good. Jeez man.

Well my maiden voyage with the X Hot Pro has been delayed yet again. :disapointed: The range was closed because it's too soupy from all the snow melting. He promised me that tomorrow I'm good to go and that my 2:30 tee time is still good. Jeez man.

That sucks Jake. At least you get to get out at 2:30 to play tomorrow. Man, there is just no way I can leave work that early.

Had the xhp out on the range today and I have to say I'm scratching my head at the some of the back spin I was seeing on some of my drives. I'm also liking the high ball I am seeing and the Flighting I was able to achieve.
I need to get it in a frequency meter and see where it specs out. Also need to mess with head settings in the coming days. I'm 95% sure the spin is from my swing and the range balls.
The look of the club is sick with the muted grey and gloss white shaft. I'm
Also digging the blue Lamkin 3gen they gave me.

Had the xhp out on the range today and I have to say I'm scratching my head at the some of the back spin I was seeing on some of my drives. I'm also liking the high ball I am seeing and the Flighting I was able to achieve.
I need to get it in a frequency meter and see where it specs out. Also need to mess with head settings in the coming days. I'm 95% sure the spin is from my swing and the range balls.
The look of the club is sick with the muted grey and gloss white shaft. I'm
Also digging the blue Lamkin 3gen they gave me.

Wow, you are seeing a high ball flight with the Fubuki. I put that shaft in because it was lowering my ball flight, on the monitor at least.

Wow, you are seeing a high ball flight with the Fubuki. I put that shaft in because it was lowering my ball flight, on the monitor at least.

Dude, towering ball. Never hit it this high before. I was able to bring it done with a negative decent but when I swung with a positive impact the ball launched.

Back