I just read a quick rundown of the X Box One. Sounds awful.

if by awful, you mean amazing, then yes...i agree.

The summary I read was:

Doesn't play used games. Isn't backward compatible. May have games that require "always on" Internet connection to play which is exactly what went wrong with Sim City

Pass

The summary I read was:

Well the funny thing is a few of those: Doesnt play used games was never mentioned in the conference. It may be reffering to the fact that you download games onto your console, but they said you could bring your games to your friends houses, so that leads me to believe they dont have to be downloaded onto console

Not backwards compatible- Very few regular Xbox games were backwards compatible on the 360, so not sure what the issue is there

Always on- Once again, not spoken about at the conference. Was rumored, but they made no mention of that.

You must have read an article that was published before the conference and as such has no validity

Well the funny thing is a few of those: Doesnt play used games was never mentioned in the conference. It may be reffering to the fact that you download games onto your console, but they said you could bring your games to your friends houses, so that leads me to believe they dont have to be downloaded onto console

Not backwards compatible- Very few regular Xbox games were backwards compatible on the 360, so not sure what the issue is there

Always on- Once again, not spoken about at the conference. Was rumored, but they made no mention of that.

You must have read an article that was published before the conference and as such has no validity

http://kotaku.com/the-next-xbox-is-called-xbox-one-509069410

well when you put it that way...

i think it would behoove Microsoft to rethink that backwards comp. ordeal....
original to 360 was one thing, but now...i think everything needs to be the same.

heck, what do i care....i don't even own a gaming console!

xbox, ps, wii, blu-ray, dvd, cd, laserdisc, vhs, beta, cassette.....call me when you make up your minds and i can use them all in one place. :p

Straight out of the article: Xbox One is Not Always Online

But some game designers may choose to do so. Granted, that is a game issue and not a console issue.

But some game designers may choose to do so. Granted, that is a game issue and not a console issue.

Agreed. I just dont think backwards compatibility is an issue at all. The 360 didnt have it for the most part and I didnt notice it.

It will be interesting to see who goes will always on, but I dont think it will be that widely adapted

I bet if it had a Nike logo you would love it. #NikeHomer

I bet if it had a Nike logo you would love it. #NikeHomer

I need to sit down. My blood flow has stopped and is now centralized. I am thinking about a swoosh Xbox. So awesome....

Yea that aspect sucks, but it seems that the ps4 will be doing the same thing.

Hello steam box.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

From a hardware spec ps4 and Xbox look pretty close.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I've always had a Playstation but have no issue with Xbox. I'm still up in there air on which one I want. The only things I'm considering really are game related. I do not care about skype, or uploading to youtube, or being able to talk to my system. I don't care about any of that. I just want to play games. Other than that, I really don't care about anything else.

Does anyone know if there will be any changes to the yearly subscription to xbox live?

I think tonight might be the night I finally dive into Mass Effect 3..

Then again, Tiger does sound good.

ME3 do it.

I think I'm about to hop on and finish up Tomb Raider

I will not deny your demands my friend. You need to live it up. I want to hear stories.

I just may in a bit. I'm expecting a call from Jake Nation HQ first! Haha

Start Arkham City for the 5th time?

Well, Gamefly didn't send me Tiger, instead Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite came first.

Tomb Raider is really excellent so far, one hell of a reboot!

Dude - you just earned a ton of cool points! Tomb Raider was most excellent! It's tied with Assassin's Creed as one of my all time favorites. Bioshock...awesome in a weird off-beat kinda way. The ending was...ah...unexpected.

PS4 coming out in November? Can't wait for that release.

Dude - you just earned a ton of cool points! Tomb Raider was most excellent! It's tied with Assassin's Creed as one of my all time favorites. Bioshock...awesome in a weird off-beat kinda way. The ending was...ah...unexpected.

Favouring BioShock and assassins creed? Oh yeah, we will get along juuuuuuuust fine!!!!

From a hardware spec ps4 and Xbox look pretty close.2

I"m not so sure, it depends on how much microsoft's "custom" AMD chip offsets the performance difference between xbox's DDR3 memory and PS4 GDDR5 memory. Otherwise I think their CPU accelerators are about the same. Since Microsoft isn't releasing any of the details I don't think anyone will know which is really faster/better until they get independently performance tested.

I just want to play games. Other than that, I really don't care about anything else.

I'm with you DylanMN, it's all about the gaming experience... performance is everything!

Favouring BioShock and assassins creed? Oh yeah, we will get along juuuuuuuust fine!!!!

You had me at Yuengling!

crap...you know I didn't mean that in the Jerry McGuire kind of way right? :banghead:

It's really aggravating when I have to fight T2GRN and Youngbuck for gaming time! They are hogs!

Back