Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Man you guys are killing me here

So I got a chance to get my 3+, 2 and 4 hybos out to the range and for a round of 9 tonight. The session started off pretty rough with some worm burners and some duffs. I realized I was swinging these more like an iron instead of a "wood". Moved the ball up in my stance and started swinging them like a FW and that's when the magic started, just absolute bombs from the 24*. So I pulled out the 2H and was raking with that as well.

This 2H is something else. #1 at my course is a 537 par 5 dog leg left. Basically impossible to hit this green in two. Wind was into my face and my drive got caught in the wind and landed just in the rough about 210 from the tee box, that left me with about 330 yards to the green. Pulled out the 2H, lined up to cut the corner and just unleashed one. Saw it disappear over the hill, drove up and I was sitting about 90 yards out. Took a 50* into the green and two putted for par.

It's safe to say, I am really going to enjoy these clubs.

You're gonna be Money with these!

This is great to see You guys getting the rest of your bags. Ary sounds like you will be killing the 4w off the tee in MB.

The panda stops by from the islands!

Looks like guys are really grooving these. That's awesome to see. I can't wait to see them in Action and I ooohhh and ahhh watching Brad hit them next weekend.

I feel comfortable off the tee with them all....off the deck is another story...never hit either woods or hybos consistent off deck

Gonna keep trying though

Try moving the ball back just a touch with the hybo Mike.

Try moving the ball back just a touch with the hybo Mike.

Yeah im gonna work on it today...want to use it so much more than just off tee

I have struggled with the 3w off the tee for a while now and for some reason I am just crushing this one. Low pipes right down the middle. Flight is a little lower than I expected but I'm still getting a few extra yards compared to my standard 15 degree 3w.

Absolutely. These are good from all over. I move it up just a touch when teeing off for par 4s. If it's a par 3, or off the deck, I move it back to about where my irons sit so I can hit down on it a little more. I'm sure you'll get it worked out. FWs just take time to adjust to for me.

I generally have success with hybos when I treat them the same as irons

I kept hitting big hooks with both of my hybrids today. I need to get some range time in with the hybrids to sort that out.

I generally have success with hybos when I treat them the same as irons

Yeah I try to make the same swing...not sure if I actually do or not.

I kept hitting big hooks with both of my hybrids today. I need to get some range time in with the hybrids to sort that out.

That was my miss yesterday as well...I did hit some really good shots with them...but the miss was a huge quacking hook!

Got some on course 3W action tonight

Straight BOMBER. Mid to high ball flight, nice and penetrating flight which will get some roll off the tee.

Tempo was the key, I got quick on 2 swings and snap hooked 1 and thin hooked another.

Hit off the tee 6 times, hit fairway 4 of 6.

Re-teed the 2 I missed due to OB and hit fairway with those.

No gps available, guessing 220-230 range for me.

Very happy thus far

Watching MD crush the FWDs off the tee today was sweet and the sound was very nice as well.

Watching MD crush the FWDs off the tee today was sweet and the sound was very nice as well.

A very distinct "ting" that lets u know u hit it well...music to my ears

I had very little problem transitioning to the new 4w today. It might even be 5-10 yards longer than its predecessor. The hybrids had good moments as well and a couple of bad shots that I think we're more my fault than the club. Looking to really hit these in the practice rounds next week to know for sure.

I had very little problem transitioning to the new 4w today. It might even be 5-10 yards longer than its predecessor. The hybrids had good moments as well and a couple of bad shots that I think we're more my fault than the club. Looking to really hit these in the practice rounds next week to know for sure.

Glad the 4W is a smooth transition for ya man

Tell me more!

Struggled big time today with these. It is going to take me a bit to get used to the look of these. I like clubs that are closed and these look open to me. Was hitting some weak fades with these today.

Struggled big time today with these. It is going to take me a bit to get used to the look of these. I like clubs that are closed and these look open to me. Was hitting some weak fades with these today.

Hybos and woods?

I love them all off tee
I suck off deck...but whatever

Yeah both. My swing was way off and my wrist was awful. Right at the end I think I found something that I was doing wrong so I'm hoping tomorrow is better.

Only had the need to pull the 4H a couple of times yesterday but it paid off every time. My partner even commented on how easy I looked when I hit it. Can't wait to get the 2H in and give it a run.

I hit the 3W really well yesterday....still had some issues with the hybrids...especially the 2 hybrid.

Rained today so no more practice before heading to MB tomorrow.

I am having a big time issue getting use to the look of these hybrids at address. They just look so open that I cannot hit them squarely. Big time slices if I even hit it well at all.

The 4W is a thing of beauty off the tee, love the sound of a good hit. Dry/hard conditions here atm so more difficult to get the ball up in the air from the fairway so usually opt for the 3H which is a bit more forgiving. Really good combo for me.

I have the Project X 6.0 in both the 4W and 3H and I really like it, but my driver shaft is 5.0. I have more trouble driving straight but do you think it's down to the club being less forgiving more than the shaft? I, like most others, slice the ball frequently with the driver. A little less so with the 4W and no slice with the hybo.

Back