Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Had a time to hit 5 balls at range durimg lesson with the 3 wood.

All 5 dead straight down the middle. Face has a distinct ting to it at impact too.

Mid to high tractory with the iilma shaft...mikey likey

Just a heads up to anyone not in the MC that has the same want for these clubs that I do. Golfclubs.com is having a closeout on J40 woods... $91 for hybrids, $67 for fairways and $210 for drivers!!!!!!!!! Free shipping to boot. Seems almost too good to be true. I still grabbed a hybrid. :D

The Big brown truck just left my door and dropped off my 3W and hybrids!! Unfortunately for me, today is the one day that it has rained in almost 2 months....so I can't hit them yet...and may not be able to hit them until Saturday the way that work is looking right now.

I went with the strong 3W at 14* with the Graphite Designs AD-DI 7S shaft to compliment the AD-DI 6S in my driver.

The Hybrids I went 2H and 4H with the stock Project X Graphite Shaft in stiff...I should really be able to get this up and land them softly.

Sorry for the small number of pics....with it raining the best I could do was take a few quick ones on my balcony.

IMG_0302_zpsed0fd335.jpg

IMG_0303_zpsc57181b0.jpg

IMG_0304_zps88baf2fd.jpg

IMG_0311_zps3551ddb9.jpg

Looking good fellas

Very nice looking dudes. The total bag transfer is complete and I am ready to roll. Will get pics up as soon as I can. The bag is sitting in my office with me and my coworkers keep coming in to touch it

Just a heads up to anyone not in the MC that has the same want for these clubs that I do. Golfclubs.com is having a closeout on J40 woods... $91 for hybrids, $67 for fairways and $210 for drivers!!!!!!!!! Free shipping to boot. Seems almost too good to be true. I still grabbed a hybrid. :D

Just got my shipping notice so it must be legit. Depending on how fast ups finds my hovel I may have the 2H in play in a tourney next week!

Havent hit the hybrid yet, but I was crushing the 3w this morning. Nice mid trajectory shots that just pierced through the air and carried forever. I have a feeling this weekend is going to be a great weekend of golf, looking forward to shooting some low scores.

I will expand more later tonight, but the J40 hybrids are MONEY. What a freaking pairing with the VTS black. LOVE IT

I will expand more later tonight, but the J40 hybrids are MONEY. What a freaking pairing with the VTS black. LOVE IT

Doesn't surprise me man. My favorite clubs in the bag last year!! Consistently easy to hit.

I got my fairway wood and hybrids in yesterday while I was at work. My setup:
Fairway: 16 degree 4 wood with Graphite Design Tour AD DJ-7 Stiff
Hybrids: 18 degree and 24 degree with UST VTS Red Stiff

I took the clubs straight out for a round this morning. I will admit that I struggled with the transition to the new clubs at first on the front nine. I started to get a better feel for the clubs on the back nine. I hit the 4 wood off of the tee a good bit on the back nine, and GPSed my last 2 tee balls with that club at 240 yards and 230 yards respectively. I will definitely take that distance from my lone fairway wood off of the tee. One thing I can say is that I went with the Tour AD DJ shaft to get a little extra spin and height on my shots as compared to the DI shaft that others went with, and I definitely saw that today.

With the hybrids, I still need to deal those in. When they are struck well, they feel very hot off of the face. I actually got in trouble with length at one point with the 24 degree hybrid. My prior hybrid of a similar loft goes about 195-200 yards, and I had a shot where there was a creek going across the fairway at 210 yards away from me, so I decided to hit the 24 degree hybrid to get just short of it. Well, I hit the ball and it one-hopped into the creek! That was promising for the 24 degree club. However, with the 18 degree I struggled with pushes and push-slices as opposed to the little draw that I normally play. I'm sure that it's a club face issue, these may set up a little more open as Chunky talked about than my prior hybrid. I'm playing again tomorrow on a course that will call for a few holes where a fairway wood or hybrid is the play off of the tee, so I'll have more feedback after tomorrow.

Thats some big 4w right there...well done ary

I am chomping at the bit to hit these clubs. Was set to go at 6pm but I needed to wait for the owner to get here tonight. Late night. Maybe try and go before work tomorrow

Thats some big 4w right there...well done ary

It's definitely not normal for me, it was really warm here today and those distances include roll. It wasn't as dry as Muirfield today, but there was still a good bit of rolll. I'm guessing I'm carrying that club 220 or so, which will be really good at Caledonia.

It's definitely not normal for me, it was really warm here today and those distances include roll. It wasn't as dry as Muirfield today, but there was still a good bit of rolll. I'm guessing I'm carrying that club 220 or so, which will be really good at Caledonia.

Right on...thats what im hoping to get with my 3w...230 and maybe 210 to 215 with 5w would be perfect...hoping to get yardages locked down this weekend.

I stopped by the range for a quick session with the new 4w and hybrids. Had some issues with the 4w but that is normal for me and a range, I liked the hybrids and the VTS silver shaft. Nice flight and a bit of a different sound off the face. Gonna be fun to learn about them.

I stopped by the range for a quick session with the new 4w and hybrids. Had some issues with the 4w but that is normal for me and a range, I liked the hybrids and the VTS silver shaft. Nice flight and a bit of a different sound off the face. Gonna be fun to learn about them.

The sound is one thing that I definitely noticed. The sound off of the face on the 4 wood is a little higher-pitched than I'm used to, but I'll take the performance. The sound off of the hybrids is a nice "crack" that I really enjoyed....I just wish I would have hit them better during my maiden voyage.

I have last years j40 hybrid and the sound of these is definitely that "higher pitch" you mention when comparing it. I did not hit the 4w well enough to know but expect to this weekend.

So I got a chance to get my 3+, 2 and 4 hybos out to the range and for a round of 9 tonight. The session started off pretty rough with some worm burners and some duffs. I realized I was swinging these more like an iron instead of a "wood". Moved the ball up in my stance and started swinging them like a FW and that's when the magic started, just absolute bombs from the 24*. So I pulled out the 2H and was raking with that as well.

This 2H is something else. #1 at my course is a 537 par 5 dog leg left. Basically impossible to hit this green in two. Wind was into my face and my drive got caught in the wind and landed just in the rough about 210 from the tee box, that left me with about 330 yards to the green. Pulled out the 2H, lined up to cut the corner and just unleashed one. Saw it disappear over the hill, drove up and I was sitting about 90 yards out. Took a 50* into the green and two putted for par.

It's safe to say, I am really going to enjoy these clubs.

This is great to see You guys getting the rest of your bags. Ary sounds like you will be killing the 4w off the tee in MB.

Got out for a quick round late this evening and drop the 3W and hybos in the bag...no range straight to the first tee.

First hole is a Par 5 so I decided to break the 3W in the right way and hit it off the tee with no warm up.....nice mid high draw...about 235 yard...not bad....so I am 260 out and I decide what the heck, I will hit it again....,.BOOM....I one hopped the front edge of the green, 2 putted for an easy birdie!

I hit the hybrids pretty good too....a little bit of a pull hook crept in some...but I think that is because the Cally's I have been using have alot more offset than these do.....I did GPS the 2H on one hole that I played it off the tee at 220.

I will get at least 3 more rounds in before they get packed up on Monday for the big dance!!

This is great to see You guys getting the rest of your bags. Ary sounds like you will be killing the 4w off the tee in MB.

I'm hoping that's the case! I just need to get used to the weighting of the club, I struggled with it at first today.

Sounds like everyone is having pretty good success with these clubs right off of the bat, hope everyone hits them well next week.

I feel comfortable off the tee with them all....off the deck is another story...never hit either woods or hybos consistent off deck

Gonna keep trying though

My first shots with these clubs on the course was beyond what I was expecting! Was 3/3 FIR when hitting the 3w or hybrid off the tee, and even reached a par 5 green in 2 with the 3w. Just a nice low penetrating flight on each without losing any distance. Great start!

Back