Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or perhaps too little. Your body could have been going through caffeine withdrawal.

No, I just had a spaz attack. I don't think it was chemically induced.

No, I just had a spaz attack. I don't think it was chemically induced.

Were you overwhelmed by your playing partner? That may explain the babble. I talk more when I'm nervous.

Like someone who had WAY too much caffeine.

One cup of coffee and my heart hammers, I shake, and even twitch. I'll drop things, turn too quickly and knock things over, I jabber, it's bizarre. I think if I were to drink a double espresso I would have a seizure.

Yet I can drink glass after glass of iced tea, though at home I drink Trader Joe's Decaf Irish Breakfast Blend to stay on the safe side.

Kevin

Sorry I missed that. Chances are slim it will happen again and you'll play well tomorrow.

I get those too. If I don't remember them at all, I'll just ignore the request, but if I remember the name but not the person, I'll ask them, "Who are you?" If I get a good reply, I'll accept, but I've rejected a few that I didn't want to be friends with. Does that make me mean?

I got a friend request on Facebook today and finally figured out who it was - the mean girl from 6th grade. I have to admit I took a little pleasure in looking at her photo and seeing she was a lot bigger than I remembered. I guess that makes me mean.

I friggin' HATE door to door solicitors.

My house should be the one place where I am guaranteed to not have to deal with unwanted people - whether that be in person or on the telephone.

My house should be the one place where I am guaranteed to not have to deal with unwanted people - whether that be in person or on the telephone.

Just because the doorbell or the telephone rings doesn't mean you have to answer.

Though try convincing a nine year old of that one.

Just because the doorbell or the telephone rings doesn't mean you have to answer.

But what if it is the Publisher's Clearinghouse people with my big check?

Don't you have a window through which you can peek before answering the door?

Only the one in the door. It's a typical small Seattle cottage.

(Front windows are just as obvious.)

Only the one in the door. It's a typical small Seattle cottage.

(Front windows are just as obvious.)

No imagination, Longshanks.

ToyMicroPeriscope.jpg

. . . and people think I am the THP stalking expert . . .

I got a friend request on Facebook today and finally figured out who it was - the mean girl from 6th grade. I have to admit I took a little pleasure in looking at her photo and seeing she was a lot bigger than I remembered. I guess that makes me mean.

So, is she your new FB friend? :D

Just answer the door naked. They will stop coming around.

Just answer the door naked. They will stop coming around.

That may fly in L.A., but here, I'd be listed on the sex offender registry before you could say "pork sword".

While I was out of town, Boo Girl took it upon herself to do the laundry. She was great--she wrote out directions for herself and called a couple of times to ask about things like unbalanced loads and folding sheets.

Then Hubby teased her about spending so much time doing the laundry, so she stopped because it hurt her feelings. (Yeah, yeah--drama queen.) I have done six loads of laundry in the past two days (around working full time, arriving home at 12:30 am the other night, etc. etc.) and there's more to go.

Grrr.

While I was out of town, Boo Girl took it upon herself to do the laundry. She was great--she wrote out directions for herself and called a couple of times to ask about things like unbalanced loads and folding sheets.

Then Hubby teased her about spending so much time doing the laundry, so she stopped because it hurt her feelings. (Yeah, yeah--drama queen.) I have done six loads of laundry in the past two days (around working full time, arriving home at 12:30 am the other night, etc. etc.) and there's more to go.

Grrr.

Sounds like Hubby needs a weeks laundry duty as punishment.

Sounds like Hubby needs a weeks laundry duty as punishment.

There's a lot of travel in my immediate future. We'll see.

It just took me almost an hour to get a metal splinter out of my finger. I have a Hello Kitty bandaid on now, but it hurts.

If the Hello Kitty band-aid hurts, I'd try just a regular band-aid. Or maybe you just have it too tight.

If the Hello Kitty band-aid hurts, I'd try just a regular band-aid. Or maybe you just have it too tight.

It is very tight, but Hello Kitty makes me smile. Blood freaks me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back