2013 Callaway X-Forged Irons Preview

Giving anyone who was/is in ponder mode the heads up... Use the code ny25off13 for 25% off ANYTHING on shop.callawaygolf.com. Golfsmith will price match it, so I'm going in (hopefully tomorrow) to get fitted, and decide between the PXis and KBS Tours. I will update tomorrow after my (hopeful) fitting. Happy club shopping guys!

Giving anyone who was/is in ponder mode the heads up... Use the code ny25off13 for 25% off ANYTHING on shop.callawaygolf.com. Golfsmith will price match it, so I'm going in (hopefully tomorrow) to get fitted, and decide between the PXis and KBS Tours. I will update tomorrow after my (hopeful) fitting. Happy club shopping guys!
I hope nobody will be unemployed after this code is used

I hope nobody will be unemployed after this code is used

haha, no Callaway recognizes it as a legit code, it pulls up a little text box that says limited time offer 25% off when you put it in.

I put in my order for a set of 4-PW X Forged with PXi 5.5, 1* flat today. Very happy with my fitting, and am super excited to get them in so I can play with them. Great shaft for a great clubhead, and with the junior club championship coming up, I hope to see some low scores in my future!

I may or may not be looking at these with bad intentions. Or good ones. Depends on how you look at it...

Post Morgan Cup summary: These irons are going no where anytime soon. I can tell you what a joy they are to hit and have them do exactly what I want them to do. I also think a big part of that are the KBS Tour S shafts I went with. Never played them before and will always play them now! Just a perfect combo for me in this set.

Last edited:
Post Morgan Cup summary: These irons are going no where anytime soon. I can't tell you what a joy they are to hit and have them do exactly what I want them to do. I also think a big part of that are the KBS Tour S shafts I went with. Never played them before and will always play them now! Just a perfect combo for me in this set.
you can say that again Nate. I love everything about these irons and I'm glad I made the choice to play them.

I'll be joining the club as of tonight.

I liked my XHot Pro's, but just can't get comfortable with the distances. I'm used to my irons flying a certain distance and didn't think I'd be so thrown by the increases I'm seeing. Flying a green that's backside is 147 yards out by 25 yards into a steady headwind with an 8i isn't my idea of productive distance. Flying 4 greens in one round isn't a good thing by any means.

Ready for some traditional distances again. And these clubs are the sexy beasts that I want to use to do it.

i got 2 rounds in with the X Forged now and i gotta be honest i really like them but i still need some time to get adjusted coming from distance irons and so forgiving clubs to these is a little bit of a transition for me but i am adjusting and when you hit a good shot man they are freaking good. i absolutely am in love with that feeling of a well struck shot. think i'll be keeping these in the bag for the rest of the season unless i throw the recoils in my x hot pros. some tough decisions ahead of me but i know with these 2 sets i'll find something that i like and stick with it.

bazudaru.jpg

:D

Post Morgan Cup summary: These irons are going no where anytime soon. I can tell you what a joy they are to hit and have them do exactly what I want them to do. I also think a big part of that are the KBS Tour S shafts I went with. Never played them before and will always play them now! Just a perfect combo for me in this set.
When I talked to the guys at the Callaway Performance center this weekend this is the setup he figured would best suit my swing. Of course when I go for the actual fitting I will find out a definite if these are the ones. But knowing there are a few people out there with them is good. I hope you don't mind if I bounce some questions your way when that time comes.

Man alive these things are even more beautiful in person than in pics. I came this >< close to picking up head covers for them! In the end my good sense won out though. After all, serious golfers embrace the bag chatter... :)

look nice colt.... interested to see how you like them.

look nice colt.... interested to see how you like them.

Exited to get to swing them. I didn't think I'd be touching a set of players irons for a while as my swing was really coming unraveled. Thain helped me out and it was something as simple as my address position had changed, and it was BAD. Fixed that in a measly day and went back to striping the ball again like I had never missed a beat. Now I'm confident I'll hit these well.

I'm ready to feel this softness everybody has been talking about.

Exited to get to swing them. I didn't think I'd be touching a set of players irons for a while as my swing was really coming unraveled. Thain helped me out and it was something as simple as my address position had changed, and it was BAD. Fixed that in a measly day and went back to striping the ball again like I had never missed a beat. Now I'm confident I'll hit these well.

I'm ready to feel this softness everybody has been talking about.

best feeling is hitting one pure.... they feel so good i also have been impressed with how i can work the ball with these. i didn't think i could even work the ball as well as i can till i started trying to with these. im throwing the recoil shafts in my x hot pros and i'll may end up keeping 2 sets of irons because i cant see me getting rid of these they feel to good.

best feeling is hitting one pure.... they feel so good i also have been impressed with how i can work the ball with these. i didn't think i could even work the ball as well as i can till i started trying to with these. im throwing the recoil shafts in my x hot pros and i'll may end up keeping 2 sets of irons because i cant see me getting rid of these they feel to good.

Yeah. The XHPs are loooooong, but they seem to like to go straight. Even my i20's moved the ball way more than the XHPs did.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah. The XHPs are loooooong, but they seem to like to go straight. Even my i20's moved the ball way more than the XHPs did.

i'm ok with straight though.... just cool to see a draw on a ball once and a while

i'm ok with straight though.... just cool to see a draw on a ball once and a while

I live off of a high draw. Or I have in the past. It's straightened out a lot lately. I'd like to get it back. Straight balls make me legitimately nervous.

When I talked to the guys at the Callaway Performance center this weekend this is the setup he figured would best suit my swing. Of course when I go for the actual fitting I will find out a definite if these are the ones. But knowing there are a few people out there with them is good. I hope you don't mind if I bounce some questions your way when that time comes.

Bounce away! You can't go wrong with either, forged or x hots. But I will tell you this, 3 of us Callaway guys went with the forged for the Morgan Cup. Each one to a man left that weekend more in love than when we got there, and we were all pretty much in love going in! They delivered, they performed and they gave us all what we thought they would in the heat of competion. Not much more any of us could ask for from these beauties.

Bounce away! You can't go wrong with either, forged or x hots. But I will tell you this, 3 of us Callaway guys went with the forged for the Morgan Cup. Each one to a man left that weekend more in love than when we got there, and we were all pretty much in love going in! They delivered, they performed and they gave us all what we thought they would in the heat of competion. Not much more any of us could ask for from these beauties.
Thanks Mr BIG TIME

I bill in 5 minute increments and always round up.....way up.
No worries...Cookie said he's got me covered!

Just swinging these around in my kitchen area I can already say that I really love the balanced feel of them. With the PXi shaft in them they are quite a bit lighter than the XHPs. I could really feel the fatigue setting in after an entire weekend of golf with those last weekend in New Jersey.

I'll be joining the club as of tonight.

I liked my XHot Pro's, but just can't get comfortable with the distances. I'm used to my irons flying a certain distance and didn't think I'd be so thrown by the increases I'm seeing. Flying a green that's backside is 147 yards out by 25 yards into a steady headwind with an 8i isn't my idea of productive distance. Flying 4 greens in one round isn't a good thing by any means.

Ready for some traditional distances again. And these clubs are the sexy beasts that I want to use to do it.
Interested in your findings on these and how they will compare with the i20's on distances. Your feedback on the XHP's easy wear scared me into staying with the i20's until I might step into a forged iron. The thing I do love about the i20 is the consistent distances especially since I have been on the Ctapers.

Got the X Forged out to the range today. First few shots were a little thin while I was trying to adjust to the lighter weight after coming from the XHPs with KBS Tour in them. (thin shots didn't hurt nearly as bad as I expected)

Started to get into a rhythm with them after several swipes and was seeing a very nice flight out of them. They actually get up a bit quicker than the XHPs and really tear through the air and toward the target. I'd like to call it a "violent" ball flight if that makes sense. It almost seems like even though it's going the same distance as my old i20's, the ball is getting there quicker. Strange. Not bad, just different.

Feel is something to really marvel at. These are definitely soft feeling. Not that engineered, marshmallow kind of soft. It's solid and feels like your hitting the ball with a heavy duty hammer. Just one with a lot of padding on the head.

I put a couple of the "flying elbow" power hooks on the ball that I sometimes like to hit to get out of trouble and had good success. These clubs really like to turn a ball over even though I still seem to hit them fairly straight unless I purposefully put some mojo on my swing.

Overall I would rate looks spectacular and performance solid. They're not a miracle club in either the distance or forgiveness department, but they deliver just a tad more of both of those than you would expect from this class of iron. Well, I'd say a tad more distance than I expected and a healthy amount more forgiveness than I expected. I'm excited going forward to say the least.

Last edited:
Back