2013 Callaway X-Forged Irons Preview

Went to pull my five iron and it was absent tonight. Luckily, was in the clubhouse. Apparently I left it on the tee box of a par 3 on Sunday. I played (walking) Monday night and didn't notice it, then made it all the way to 14 tonight before noticing. Whew.

For a second I was contemplating what set of irons I was going to get since it was a good excuse to upgrade. Then I got sad - I still love these babies...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I didn't play golf when these came out but came across a real clean set and the shape and feel from a couole quick hits off the mat convinced me to try them at that cheap price. Research purposes.

At the range ^

They really do feel great. And I like the plethora of grooves. Put them in play with a 7i number in my head and knowing the lofts, and proceeded to play point-&-shoot pin high birdies with them. So that's fun. And honestly makes me a little surprised I had never really heard about this particular set. X Forged have always been well regarded, but compared to a lot of what I've seen from this timeframe they really stand tall. Feel great, easy to launch, have some forgiveness, seem consistent as heck.. I like it. 👍🏼

I live off of a high draw. Or I have in the past. It's straightened out a lot lately. I'd like to get it back. Straight balls make me legitimately nervous.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
And I think this guy and I would have thrown each other a couple post high fives. 😆

Back