The THP Bridgestone Championship - THP Invades Las Vegas

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for the details. i am in full blown impatience right now.

Its kind of a huge weekend being Morgan Cup coverage weekend. Once that is completed I am sure some things will start to trickle out.

Lots of talk about this event here in the DFW this weekend. Excited, excited I am.

How many Bridgestone staff bags can we get to show up there?

I'm in.

Lots of talk about this event here in the DFW this weekend. Excited, excited I am.

I'm in.

Count me in as well.

I'm in.

I can try. ..lol

Golf Magazine's special advertising section has a page dedicated to some facility called Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort. A little taste:
> Snow has water in play on almost half its holes.
> Sun has the resort's most popular part 3, a 206 yarder with water down the right side.
> Wolf is 7,604 yards, the longest course in Nevada and among the longest in the country; it also features the island green at 15.

I'm in.

I'll be showing the Bridgestone love and rocking mine as well. It's the right thing to do IMO.

I'm excited.

I'm in.

If I can get mine in the travel bag, it will be coming. If only there was a thread somewhere on how to get your staff bag into a travel bag..

If I can get mine in the travel bag, it will be coming. If only there was a thread somewhere on how to get your staff bag into a travel bag..

Ill pack mine early and make it a video...way easier to following along

Ill pack mine early and make it a video...way easier to following along

That will be great and really helpful Mike. I couldn't quite understand exactly how to perform that bear hug maneuver from the photos alone :act-up:

That will be great and really helpful Mike. I couldn't quite understand exactly how to perform that bear hug maneuver from the photos alone :act-up:

My travel bag is big enough that my Bridgestone bag goes in with out too much trouble. A welcomed relief for the MC.

Made the turn at my home course today to find Bridgestone doing a ball fitting on the range!! I was pumped! Jumped out of my cart and said a quick hello, thanked them for coming and demanding they get guys hooked so I could pull B330's out of the heather instead of all the lost ProV's on my course haha!

Heading back to the cart, they asked what I was playing and I pulled out a 2011 version of the B330 from my pocket. A chuckle, and the guy reached down and tossed me a two pack of the new B330. I was pumped! Played it to a 34 on the back nine of my place and hurried back for a high five and hello post round.

Loved seeing them there. Wish they'd come out for a demo day with clubs as well next time.

Made the turn at my home course today to find Bridgestone doing a ball fitting on the range!! I was pumped! Jumped out of my cart and said a quick hello, thanked them for coming and demanding they get guys hooked so I could pull B330's out of the heather instead of all the lost ProV's on my course haha!

Heading back to the cart, they asked what I was playing and I pulled out a 2011 version of the B330 from my pocket. A chuckle, and the guy reached down and tossed me a two pack of the new B330. I was pumped! Played it to a 34 on the back nine of my place and hurried back for a high five and hello post round.

Loved seeing them there. Wish they'd come out for a demo day with clubs as well next time.

Those ball fittings are awesome. Did 2 last year. Produced my favorite ball, E6

I love the knowledge they bring on the ball line. Confirming my ball of choice is always comforting.

Ya got fitted with the B330-RX's, had a 30 minute conversation with the guy. He's very knowledgeable, and I have confidence in his recommendation. Everything he said about the ball and my tendencies made sense. Gonna go buy some at lunch today!

Last edited:
a mere 47 days til we tee it up at Pauite for what will be the beginning-ish of an awesome event

47 days till glory. I cannot wait to see what unlucky, I mean awesome person gets paired with me.

Got my ball fitting completed today. Came away with the B330 RX. I felt like Jim was going to get me into the B330s, and that was his first response, but after chatting back and forth fo a good 20 minutes, we settled on the RX. Excited to give them a try. May have to get some to put in play this weekend.

Got my ball fitting completed today. Came away with the B330 RX. I felt like Jim was going to get me into the B330s, and that was his first response, but after chatting back and forth fo a good 20 minutes, we settled on the RX. Excited to give them a try. May have to get some to put in play this weekend.

Love me some rx...great all around ball

Word. Its a kick ass golf ball.

I need an official ball fitting someday but for me the diatance gained and stopping power on greens was too hard to pass up over my beloved e6

Well, I completed the B-Fit online chat today, and learned a little something. Based on my swing speed, I always thought the B330 would be the best ball for my game, but the fitter thought otherwise.

Here's some of his thoughts:
Based on the information you are giving me, I am think the B330-S should be a great fit for you...
the B330-S is a softer cored 4 piece tour ball...
the soft gradational cored and the mantle layers work together to cut down on driver/side spin
When hitting down on the B330-S with an iron or a wedge it offers great control into and around the green
it is actually the softest urethane cover formulation we have ever put on a golf ball
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I asked him why he thought the B330-s would perform better for me than the B330 which I have some good past experience with and "seems" to match my swing speed well.

His response:
[/FONT]The softer core leads to good efficiency
what I mean by that is you dont have to work as hard for good result

And I had told him that I do struggle sometimes with directional consistency off the tee box, and hitting off center on the club face. I'm pretty excited to give the 330-S a good workout.

Well, I completed the B-Fit online chat today, and learned a little something. Based on my swing speed, I always thought the B330 would be the best ball for my game, but the fitter thought otherwise.

Here's some of his thoughts:
Based on the information you are giving me, I am think the B330-S should be a great fit for you...
the B330-S is a softer cored 4 piece tour ball...
the soft gradational cored and the mantle layers work together to cut down on driver/side spin
When hitting down on the B330-S with an iron or a wedge it offers great control into and around the green
it is actually the softest urethane cover formulation we have ever put on a golf ball
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I asked him why he thought the B330-s would perform better for me than the B330 which I have some good past experience with and "seems" to match my swing speed well.

His response:
[/FONT]The softer core leads to good efficiency
what I mean by that is you dont have to work as hard for good result

And I had told him that I do struggle sometimes with directional consistency off the tee box, and hitting off center on the club face. I'm pretty excited to give the 330-S a good workout.

Same stuff I took away from my fitting. Excited to try these out some more. Grabbed some to practice with till Vegas as well.

Back