THP & Callaway - The 1st Ultimate Club Testing Event

We are on deck fellas

Found a few rooms really close to the airport for about $68. They have a shuttle available which is nice.

I would be interested in sharing a room Sunday night for a Monday round, but that's about it. I'm a short drive away so if nothing materializes for Monday I would just head home afterwards. I would prefer to stay that extra day though ;)

I'm going to stay, somewhere, Sunday night. Last time I looked at the Google Doc there were only 5 or so slated to play Monday, but not everyone signed in, either. But, I'm definitely in!

I would be interested in sharing a room Sunday night for a Monday round, but that's about it. I'm a short drive away so if nothing materializes for Monday I would just head home afterwards. I would prefer to stay that extra day though ;)

I'm down for a round on Monday. I get discounts at holiday inns and crowne plaza hotels. There are some other chains as well but I don't remember them all.

I'm down for a round on Monday. I get discounts at holiday inns and crowne plaza hotels. There are some other chains as well but I don't remember them all.

If its IHG you would also be looking at Candlewood and Intercontinental.

If its IHG you would also be looking at Candlewood and Intercontinental.

Yes that's them. Thanks.

Okay finally got work situated. Lets get this going. PMs sent back to everyone.

To say im excited for this is a total understatement. ...its one thing to go into something and knowing what to expect.

Its another to be the first to take part in it and have a chancd to set the bar high for the future.

To say im excited for this is a total understatement. ...its one thing to go into something and knowing what to expect.

Its another to be the first to take part in it and have a chancd to set the bar high for the future.

You guys are going to have a blast. No doubt. Callaway is going to #bringit and all of the build up will be awesome. Right after #TheKingIsComing is revealed no less, you guys will have tons to talk about!

MikeDean441 is right. This one is on deck.

MikeDean441 is right. This one is on deck.

No doubt man and time has been flying...and thp is awesome..and callway rules...hello great weekend

Man I wish I could go. Have fun everyone

This thing has really snuck up on me. Flight will be here before I know it. Excitement is an understatement

Best top secret weekend ever

Less than two weeks to go...

Any thoughts from people on where to get in a Monday round?

I would probably handle that offline with those that showed interest

After what is sure to be a tiring weekend, I would prefer to play at an on site "resort" but not break the bank while doing so. One or two places even have lighted short courses for some Sunday night action if anyone were interested. Seems there are a number of options, although I've not been to any of them. Anyone have input on these places - Mystic Dunes, Orange County National, ChampionsGate, Orange Lake?

Since Mission Inn has been kind enough to host this event and this thread is dedicated to it, I would probably leave the other course reviews to a separate thread. Im sure you can find reviews on every one of those listed above in other threads on THP. Or start a new one for "where to play on this date".

Please take a look at the link posted in the first post or read the photo. It talks about our rounds of golf for the weekend
na5yduga.jpg

^^^^^^^^^Now that's going to be an awesome weekend!

Please take a look at the link posted in the first post or read the photo. It talks about our rounds of golf for the weekend
na5yduga.jpg

Was I completely out of line here? How many times in the thread has the possibility of playing rounds outside the scope of this event been mentioned? Many. And because I happened to dare bring up the name of another resort, this is the response?

I don't recall reading/being told precisely what should and shouldn't (could or couldn't) be discussed. I certainly don't mean any disrespect to any person or organization involved in the event, nor am I privy to what, if any, sacrifices/contributions/agreements etc. have been made with anyone. For all I know the lodging and/or golf rates were not negotiated with the resort and any subsidies or whatever were made by Callaway or someone/some thing else altogether.

At this point, 90% or probably more of the posts in this thread are from participants, so it seemed appropriate enough to include this content. If that wasn't the case then I would likely think differently about discussing these things related to the weekend as a whole. It seemed unnecessary to create another thread just for this topic, in the spirit of keeping things consolidated and easy to find.

The tone seems to be one of admonishment, and frankly I'm taken aback by it. This is supposed to be about great golf with great people and a great time, not checking people who don't conform to some unwritten code. I'm all for keeping threads on topic, etc. I think it's a good practice that helps keep resources well maintained, etc. If I am wrong in this instance, then like I said, I apologize. What's the sense in responding in this manner?

Back