TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Forum Testing Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not putting my name in the mix for this one just have too much going on. I did want to say thank you to THP and Taylormade golf for such and awesome testing opportunity for some lucky THPers! Cant wait to read about this club, good luck to all those that have entered.

1. What driver are your currently playing? Cleveland Classic 290
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5
3. What shaft and flex is in your driver? Miyazaki B. Asha 5 in X flex
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have, both indoors on a launch monitor and at the driving range. I love the look of the driver head, a little old school in shape. The sound is a huge improvement over the last couple models as well. I was very surprised how low spin this head is for not having a very tall face. I got to hit this with the AD-DI 6 shaft at the Taylormade Speedblade testing event and that combo was an absolute monster. Mid/High launch with low spin was creating some serious distance. Really, really like what I have seen so far.

Thanks again to Taylormade and THP for giving us these amazing opportunities.

I didn't see it in the first post or since then. When will JB be announcing the testers for this? Just curious how long I have to sit on pins and needles.

I would be so pumped to test this!
pic49.jpg

1. What driver are you currently playing? I am using A Tour Edge V25

2. What loft are you currently playing? 11*

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? regular shaft Grafalloy 65

4. Are you RH or LH? RH

5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts?

I have never tried the SLDR. I am gearing up to completely overhaul my swing - lessons, lots of practice, whatever it takes. I have come to realize I have an old man's swing - and I've had it since I was 20! I'm not going to improve unless I learn how to hit the ball and compress it, and get rid of this weak over the top move that creates lots of sidespin. A new driver would be icing on the cake - and to be able to help other THPers learn about the SLDR would be awesome!

This is such a cool opportunity!! Thanks THP and TaylorMade!!

One of the hottest drivers out there right now, thank you Taylormade and THP for this awesome chance!

1. What driver are you currently playing? I'm currently playing the Callaway X hot
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Graffaloy Blue in Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? Right handed
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I haven't yet, but also haven't been to a golf store recently either.

Good luck folks!

1. What driver are you currently playing?

TF 360

2. What loft are you currently playing?

10*

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?

ProForce 65 - Regular

4. Are you RH or LH?

RH

I have not tried the SLDR

I have been looking for a driver for a few years and would love to test this one.

Thanks TM and THP for this amazing opportunity.

Wow Amazing offer by THP and TaylorMade

1. What driver are you currently playing?- Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
2. What loft are you currently playing? 8.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?- Motore Speeder Tour Spec 7.2 X flex
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not tried the SLDR yet but love the look of it.

Awesome opportunity for THP members to be able to test this big dog! I'm not going to enter, have too much going on in my life at the moment, but I'm sure the selected testers will do this thing right...thanks to THP and TaylorMade!

4. Are you RH or LH?

I am currently playing with a right handed Ping G20, lofted at 8.5 with a stiff stock shaft. I have tried other Taylormade driver though the SLDR is not yet available for testing in my area.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra Amp Cell
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Miyazaki B Asha 5S
4. Are you RH or LH? LH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have. Hit it at a golfsmith demo. I enjoyed the sound and feel. Interested in what the low spin could do for my game as I tend to be a somewhat high spin player.

Thanks to :taylormade: and :thp: for this awesome testing opportunity! Would love for this to be my first club testing on THP

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway X Hot Pro
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Diamana Ahina 70x
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No, I have not had the opportunity to hit it yet. I have not even seen it in person. :sad:

Thanks to THP and TaylorMade for this testing opportunity.

Another great opportunity from THP and Taylormade, Thank you.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylormade R11s,
2. What loft are you currently playing? I have it set a 9 at the moment, but do go up to 10.5 sometimes.
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Standard RIP Phenom in stiff.
4. Are you RH or LH? I am RH.
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No I have never tried it, but would love to.

Cobra Amp Cell - Diamana S+ or Kusala Blue
11.5*
Diamana S+ is X-Stiff and the Kusala Blue is Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH?
RH
Yes I have tried the SLDR. My first thought was that the dreaded T-Mag sound is gone and as such the feel is quite nice. I found it to be on the "hard to hit well" side of things but the ones I hit flush were absolute low-spin bombs. I only made 6 or 7 swings with it at the time so not really a proper sample size to form any real thoughts on forgiveness or distance.

Thanks to Taylormade and THP for the opportunity to test this long drive machine!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Wishon 919
2. What loft are you currently playing? 8*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Aldila RIP Alpha 60-S
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No I have not tried the SLDR.

10 pages of signups in 6.5 hours. Yeah, there's some excitement around this one.

Taylormade R11 TP
9.5*
Fujikura Blur 65g, stiff flex
4. Are you RH or LH?
RH
I have never tried the SLDR, but I am interested in seeing how it performs with the new concepts that Taylormade put into the driver

Thanks to THP and Taylormade!

Thanks to THP and TaylorMade for a great opportunity.
1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra ZL Encore
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stock Fujikura Motore F3 Reg Flex
4. Are you RH or LH? LH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not had a chance to try out the SLDR as of yet.

Always down to test equipment :)

1. What driver are you currently playing? Titleist 913 d3 and nike covert tour
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Diamana s+ stiff in the 913. Matrix white tie stiff in the covert tour
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I hit it in a sim at golfsmith. First impressions were that it was long. Sound was good. Dispersion and feel I didnt get a grasp on. I thought the slider adjustment didnt do much for the ball flight but that could have been due to my swing

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Razr X Black
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Regular and Fujikura
4. Are you RH or LH? LH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Nope not but hopefully in the future.

Woooo sweet opportunity. Thanks THP and TaylorMade for doing this!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra ZL Encore
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Miyazaki B'Asha 4x
4. Are you RH or LH? LH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Unfortunately no, haven't been able to find it in LH.

Cobra ZLE 8.5 w/ kiyoshi black

oban kiyoshi black 65 04 flex
4. Are you RH or LH?

rh

yes the tp in 9.5 stiff. Very solid, LOW spin. Need a 10.5 to mess with which in unheard of for me.

Thank you for the chance to THP and TM!!!

Last edited:
1. What driver are you currently playing? Cougar Tour Cat Pro
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Cougar shaft/ regular flex
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not tried it out.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Adams INSIGHT TECH a4
2. What loft are you currently playing? 8.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Fujikura Fuel regular flex
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No

Sadly, golf season is over for me, mainly due to recovery and impending snow. Disappointing.

Best of luck everyone, really looks like a great testing opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back