TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Forum Testing Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What driver are you currently playing? Nike Covert
2. What loft are you currently playing? 11.5, open setting
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Kuro Kage Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not hit it yet in stores. I do like the looks of it and like the buzz surrounding it.

Thanks for this awesome opportunity THP and Taylormade!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Titleist 910 D2
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.75, closed setting
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li 65G, R-Flex
4. Are you RH or LH? Lefty all the way!
5.Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Wow. Just wow. This thing is long, easily 20 yards longer than my driver. Wow.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Titleist 913 D3
2. What loft are you currently playing? 8.75
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stiff Diamana Whiteboard
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not tried the SLDR yet.

1. What driver are you currently playing?
Tour Edge Exotics XGC6

2. What loft are you currently playing?
10.5*

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?
UST Mamiya VTS TourSPX, Stiff Flex

4. Are you RH or LH?
RH

5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts?
I took a few swings with the SLDR at the THP TaylorMade Ultimate Testing weekend. I love the look at address and the much improved sound. The balls I hit with it were low liners, but I never checked the loft nor did I make any adjustments to the weights.

Thanks to TaylorMade and to THP for the testing opportunity.

Awesome! I'd love to be able to test this driver out. I'm a die hard Callaway player, but this one might make me turn to the "dark side" if it lives up to the hype!
1. What driver are you currently playing - Callaway Razr Fit
2. What loft are you currently playing - 8.8 degrees
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver - Accra DyMatch S3 stiff tip, 76g, x-stiff flex, tipped 3/4"
4. Are you RH or LH? Lefty
5. Have you tried the SLDR? And if so what were your thoughts? Yes I tried it briefly on the range a couple weeks ago. It was hard to tell how well it performed because I was battling a head cold and had a bit of a case of the spins that day. I loved the way it looked compared to the R11 and R1, the grey finish was a breath of fresh air compared to the white IMO. Every time I made contact it felt like I mashed it! It feels like it delivers a very powerful blow every time, and I did hit a few off the toe. Flight was pretty consistent, unfortunately I was hitting a friends driver that was set at 10.5* loft and had an AD-DI 6x shaft in it, so my launch was ridiculously high, but nonetheless it was still comparable to my current gamer. I'd love to be able to hit this beast with my optimal settings and see just how well it works for me, who knows maybe I'll be converted to TM after all these years, and if so, you'd better step up your game Harry! lol

Wow, another amazing opportunity from THP! Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to pass on this. No way I'll be able to get to an indoor or heated range every week throughout the winter here. Good luck everyone!

An incredible opportunity for the testers. Good to see TMAG and THP working together to see results from the broad spectrum of golfers here at THP! Good luck to selected testers, should be a fun "job"!

What a great opportunity. 4 very luck people will be selected. I hope I am one of them. Thanks THP and TM for the chance.

1. What driver are you currently playing? TM RBZ tour
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9degree
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Aldilla RIP alpha X-fles
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I tested it on the sim the first day it came out. I loved the look and sound. I tried playing around with the slider but saw no change on the sim. I am guessing this was a sim issue and would love to get outside and tinker with one.

this driver is pretty high on my radar after following along with the Ultimate Club Testing with TaylorMade.
lots of guys were thoroughly impressed and it would be great to share in their experience.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond. Plenty of opportunity to try this out in our year round DFW golf climate.

Callaway Optiforce 440
9.5 Degree
Project X 43 6.0
4. Are you RH or LH?
RH
Purchased and never hit, gifted to an admirer of the waggle!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Optiforce 440
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? S Oban Black
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have yet to try the SLDR but many of my friends have and have said wonderful things about the driver. I have always been a fan of the adjustable drivers and this one is no exception to my rule. Would love to give it a try and compare it to my current driver.

Thank You THP and Taylor Made Golf for this wonderful opportunity!

Yessssssss

Cobra Amp Cell

Stock xstiff Fujikura fuel

4. Are you RH or LH?
RH

I have not but I have heard some pretty great things regarding spin numbers

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Diamana B Series R flex
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Tried it briefly at a golf outing. Wrong shaft for me but I could tell it was a high performing driver, classically and beautifully designed combined with great modern technology. Best of both worlds.

This would be a blast to test! Thanks THP and TM for the opportunity!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra AMP
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? PX Black 6.0
4. Are you RH or LH? Righty
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not had the chance to hit one. I have been looking forward to it. Love the idea of the weight system.

You want feedback, I can give it. I play 3-5 times a week. I gamed a TM Burner 10.5 for 3 years until the head cracked recently and I've been itching for something new ever since and I've just been getting by with something that I don't feel suits me at all. Would love a chance to check this club out and offer some valuable feedback to the THP community.

Nike SQ MachSpeed STR8-FIT
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? UST Mamiya AXIVCore R Flex
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Have not tried one yet.

First, major props to TM and THP for another great opportunity! I am totally interested in the new hotness.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic

2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5°

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stock Miyazaki C.Kua 43g in stiff flex.

4. Are you RH or LH? Righty tighty!

5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not hit one. I once gamed an R7 460 and fiddled with the weights so I'm totally curious how this new simpler (MUCH simpler) slide weight is to dial in - with the R7 I ended up just keeping it on the standard setting. I'm really unclear how a low spinning driver would affect my drives and if a higher-loft would be helpful.

Awesome!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Titelist 910D2
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5 set to 10.25
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Aldila Rip 60 Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Nope

Taylor Made RBZ

9 degree

miyazaki tour black 61s

4. Are you RH or LH?
RH

Yes I tried it yesterday at golfsmith. I was very impressed with it without using the launch monitor .I considered buying it yesterday

I play between 4 -6 days a week so I could really test it out

I'm a true "regular golfer" with a high handicap. So I understand if that's not the kind of testing you're looking for, but I figured I'd put my name in the hat anyway. I am very well spoken and verbose to make up for my swing shortcomings. ;)

Taylormade R9 Supertri

Fujikura Motore R Flex

4. Are you RH or LH?

RH

I have not.

Thank you THP and TM for this amazing opportunity. Cant wait to hear feedback on this one
1. What driver are you currently playing? TM R11S V2
2. What loft are you currently playing? 8degree
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Diamana Ahina 63S
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not hit the SLDR yet.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Nike VR
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5°
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Project X 6.0/ Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not, but I'd love to give it a shot!

TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Forum Testing Signup

1. What driver are you currently playing? R1
3.What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Blacktie 6m3
4. Are you RH or LH? R/H
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not tried the SLDR as of yet. But I sure hope to with this. I hit my r1 awesome and can't wait to try this one.

Great to see so many people signing up for this one!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Covert Performance
2. What loft are you currently playing? Normally set at 10.5, but often go between 9.5 and 12.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Kuro Kage silver X
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I went in and hit it a few times around the release date (in fact I think the store had them out a few days early), and I really liked it. I can't say to much beyond that it looked and felt great in the few swings, and as I hit my own driver too, the LM said it was averaging nearly 10 yards farther! I'll be honest, this was the first TMAG driver I hit that I really liked since the Superfast 1.0. Would love a chanceto really give it a go.

Look forward to all the reviews and discussion, thanks TM and THP

What driver are you currently playing?
Callaway Big Bertha War Bird

What loft are you currently playing?
9 degree

What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?
True Temper Memphis 10, unknown flex

Are you RH or LH?
Right

Have you tried the SLDR and if so, what we're your thoughts?
Have not had the opportunity to swing this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back