TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Forum Testing Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylormade R1 Black
2. What loft are you currently playing? I have it dialed at a 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stock shaft stiff flex
4. Are you RH or LH? Right handed
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have literally 2 balls with my friends SLDR. I could instantly feel a weight difference in the head of the club. I didnt hit it as flush as I would of liked but even the mishit was still enough to make me want to try it a few more rounds!

I have the TM R1 right now. I have had the the R1 black, R1 white, R11s, and R11, Burner, and Burner 2.0 as my last drivers. This would be the next progression for me to get. Ive always loved taylormade and their equipment. I wish I had it right now but I just got the R1 Black and my wife would kill me if I got ANOTHER new club this season!

Fantastic opportunity. If my swing wasn't so in flux I'd soooooooo be in. Love the opportunity THP gives everyone though. Really awesome.

Would love to test this driver!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylormade R11S
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stock Rip Phenom in Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Only held it in the store - no swings but love Taylormade clubs

1. What driver are you currently playing?

I am currently playing a Nike Covert Tour driver.

2. What loft are you currently playing?

Loft is currently set at 8.5* (Neutral)

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?

I have an Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g 04/stiff flex shaft, cut down to play 44.25" (no trimming, just butt trimmed to playing length)

4. Are you RH or LH?

I am RH

5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts?

I tried the SLDR at golf galaxy and first initial thought was the club head felt great. Felt really good and "soft", almost "forged-like" compared to other drivers. I could not get a proper reading on distance as the monitor was a bit off and I have a mental block with hitting into a net. I did notice that the stock shaft did spin a little too much for me so I think that the club can be a real winner if paired with the right shaft. The club looks great overall and the feel is what really sticks out imo.

4 lucky THP'ers are going to be thrilled to test this club. Keep those entries coming

Would love to test this driver!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylormade R11
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stock Fujikura Blur in Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No

Thanks THP and TaylorMade for the opportunity!

> Callaway FT Tour
> 9.5*
> Stiff flex Aldila Voodoo SVS6...it's to high of a flight though, need a higher kickpoint shaft, to get the ball down with good trajectory.
4. Are you RH or LH?
> RH
> I haven't tried it yet. The design looks amazingly simple, yet effective. I look forward to adjusting the weight and seeing how it affects my ball flight.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland SL 290
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9 Degree
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Project X 7C3 -73g Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not hit it yet, but the adjustability options look intriguing. As someone who is constantly tinkering with my swing and my equipment this club could be fun. I plan to try it out the next time I head into the city.

Thanks Taylormade and THP for another awesome opportunity.

Great opportunity by TMAG and THP..Thanks

11. What driver are you currently playing? Calllaway Optiforce 460

2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Diamana S62 R
4. Are you RH or LH? RH

5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Only briefly in a hitting bay at Golfsmith the very small sample I had showed it might be too low spin for me, I would welcome a chance for further evaluation.

I would like to join the Albatross club to qualify for this test. I know THP suspended membership sales because the year is almost over.

I would like to join the Albatross club to qualify for this test. I know THP suspended becoming a member because the year is almost over.

The albatross club membership just gets you free shipping if selected. Testing application is open to all, I believe

Thanks for the heads up.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway X Hot Pro
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5 degrees
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Project X velocity Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? Right handed
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not yet hit this driver

I would love the opportunity to step up with THP and provide testing for this driver. I'm kind of in limbo right now with my current driver, I really like it...but I'm not quite in love anymore. And I think I'm not ashamed to say this...i want to cheat on it with the SLDR. :confused2:

1. What driver are you currently playing? Amp Cell
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? stock stiff (and occasionally Kuro Kage 70S)
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Not yet, but good chance i may hit it a few times this weekend.

Decided I might throw my hat in the ring after all. Thanks to THP and Taylormade for another awesome testing opportunity.

1. What driver are you currently playing? R11s TP
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Aldila RIP Phenom TP
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Yes I have! I loved it. Hit it with both the stock and TP shaft. It had such low spin, I had it dialed up to 12*!

With turn out we are assured of some quality testers. Looking forward to seeing who gets the nod

Good luck everyone. All indications so far say it has the potential of being a game changer.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Maxfli A10
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5 degrees
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Harrison Stryper, Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No I haven't

Went to Golfsmith today and hit the SLDR with both regular and stiff shafts (10 swings each shaft). I got much more distance from the stiff than regular with both being longer than my current driver. I had low spin and low trajectory (both issues of mine) with tight dispersion. I would love to demo these for the forum as I finally taking my game seriously and I haven't purchased a driver in 7 years so I feel I would be a good candidate.

Thank you TaylorMade and THP for yet another great testing chance.

1. What driver are you currently playing? R11s TP V2
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Aldila ATX Tour Blue X flex
4. Are you RH or LH? Right Handed
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No I have not had the chance yet.

I looked at the R1 but not a great improvement on my R11s but from what I have read. the SLDR this may be the next step for me.

I would love to get my hands on one to put it through the wringer to see exactly what the fuss is about.

Wow, this is an incredible number of entries. Not sure that I've seen this many in a testing signup - the excitement is palpable!

TM RBZ

Stock, Firm

4. Are you RH or LH?
RH

No, I have not tried the SLDR.

Thank you TaylorMade and THP for this opportunity.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Adams 9064LS
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Adila RIP Gamma / Regular flex
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not tried the SLDR yet, though low spin drivers fit my swing very well.

TaylorMade R11 set to open
9*
Matrix Radix HD 6; X-Flex 264CPM
4. Are you RH or LH?
Right Handed
I have not hit the SLDR. I am highly intrigued by the technology of the Low and forward CG and the moveable weight. I've been pretty happy with the results of my R11, but the quick tour acceptance is very eye opening. I've interested to see how this changes the game of shaft fitting and how a shaft that works very well for me in my R11 would work in this head with the low and forward CG placement.

Thank you THP and Taylormade for this wonderful forum testing.

1) What driver are you currently playing? 2006 Cleveland Launcher 460 Ti
2) What loft are you currently playing? 10.5*
3) What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Cleveland Launcher Stiff Flex 65g
4) Are you RH or LH? LH
5) Have you tried the SLDR and if so, what are your thoughts? I have never swung this driver, but I would sure like to be a test subject.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity.

Thanks THP & TM for a great opportunity.

What driver are you currently playing? Cobra Amp Cell
What loft are you currently playing? 9.5
What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? B Asha 5X
Are you RH or LH? RH
Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not...yet.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back