What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not technically a "bought today," but I did want to make a quick post about my new 588 Altitudes that arrived this weekend and plug a fantastic online (and brick and mortar if you're in the Boston area).

I managed to win an eBay auction from 3balls.com for a set of Altitudes (regular graphite shafts; 4-DW). Got what I thought at the time was a pretty good deal on a "like new" set that would scratch two itches in terms of wanting to try out some new tech for my game: hybrid irons and graphite shafts. Well, the clubs arrived on Saturday (unfortunately in the middle of a rainy day), but when I opened them, I realized that my good deal was actually pretty fantastic. All the clubs still had the plastic wrappers on the grips and every iron head (except for the 7 iron) had the plastic on as well. Even the 7 iron had absolutely no marks on the face and looks like it may have been swung and hit a carpeted shop floor once (just had the smallest little mark on the sole). On top of that, the shop is local and while I had to pay shipping through eBay (you don't on their website for orders more that 100 bucks), I won the auction at 8:00 or so on Thursday night; clubs shipped Friday; arrived with Saturday delivery.

3balls.com is (essentially) the online store for Joe & Leigh's Pro Shop at Pine Oaks Golf Course in Easton, Massachusetts (about 25 minutes south of Boston). They do new and used sales online and in store and they run a pretty sizable eBay store where some great deals can be had. I know people have mentioned this site before on THP and part of me hates to let the secret out of the bag a little bit more, but I've had huge success with them over the years and I just wanted to pass this along for anyone here (*cough* *cough*) who likes to try out a bunch of new clubs and be able to get even some of the newest tech at a used price.
I hope you enjoy your new sticks and thanks for the background on 3balls. Over the years I've bought several clubs from 3balls. I'll give them a 2-thumbs-up for value.

Actually yesterday, but I picked up 6dz of the Wilson FG Tour balls at Academy for 9.98ea as well as a Datrek travel bag for the THP Sarasota trip and a tee time. It was a good day.

Got a beautiful package in the mail yesterday filled with my new Callaway X-Hot iron set. I picked up the 4-PW set (in "very good" condition, which they certainly are) for $315 from Callaway's Pre-Owned store. I was very happy with the quality of the clubs and almost took the day off work to go play.

Also, not today, but last week I got a TM ATV 56 wedge for $60. Now I am looking at some other wedges to fill out my bag.

I dont want to make any assumptions on what we are getting in Vegas, so I grabbed another box of B330 so I could make sure to rep Bridgestone and support such an awesome company.

I just bought a new putter from Callaway Preowned. Odyssey Protype #2 black, 35 inch. Time for the Tank and the #2 to do battle.

One box each of Wilson Duos and Bridgestone Lady Precepts.

I just bought a new putter from Callaway Preowned. Odyssey Protype #2 black, 35 inch. Time for the Tank and the #2 to do battle.

Iiiiiiiinteresting.......I like the sounds of this.

:alien:

#Cookie gave me an idea the other week......

This unknown scares me.

And yes, I would come and get it if that would help. :alien:

I'll still give you visitation on the weekends if that helps?!

Nope! Selling that one is 1000% THE biggest regret that I have of ANY golf equipment moves that I have made. Zero kidding there.

You secretive people..

Nate spill the beans

#toobigtime

Thats what I said dammit.

LOL, we both know me too well. Good ideas are rare.

Didn't buy (well traded and paid for shipping) on a SB1 CS CB 39" with green grip and a cover that Mr Higgins will look awesome with this. Likely arrive when I'm in Vegas or very early next week.

Didn't buy (well traded and paid for shipping) on a SB1 CS CB 39" with green grip and a cover that Mr Higgins will look awesome with this. Likely arrive when I'm in Vegas or very early next week.

Mr. Higgins is a GREAT one.

What did you trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back