Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons

"oooooh SHINY" won. We've got a sandy sort of course, and after 3 rounds I can see the wear on the soles....but I'm loving the ballflight. Swingweight's a touch heavier than my old sticks, but that seems to smooth me out a bit.
I will say that I don't see any spectacular distance increases, perhaps a few yards and more pronounced in the shorter clubs. 4,5,6i are comparable to the old X14s with a touch higher flight.

A shame these aren't around in a satin finish, but I don't look at them, I hit them.

I am enjoying mine even though I paid a good bit more than what was asked for that most recent set. That was a nice deal.

Ugh, I came home to buy them... and they're bought! Damn sleeping on it before you buy things. Never again!

Sorry you missed out as they sold this afternoon. I will miss them but can't justify having three sets of irons laying around.

I'm still SERIOUSLY happy with my Ci11's and am looking forward to what Wilson Staff puts out next.

The control and accuracy I have with these makes playing the game so much fun.

Those of you who have/are familiar with these irons, what are the TX Flighted shafts like? I can't find any reference to them on True Temper's site. Do they play true to flex with the S300's? I play KBS Stiff right now, and I feel like it might be a hair too stiff, but I don't know if I should go all the way to an R flex.

I think you would be fine playing them in an S. They are high launching shafts.

Those of you who have/are familiar with these irons, what are the TX Flighted shafts like? I can't find any reference to them on True Temper's site. Do they play true to flex with the S300's? I play KBS Stiff right now, and I feel like it might be a hair too stiff, but I don't know if I should go all the way to an R flex.

My experience was that they played pretty true to flex. As TH said, they are a higher launching shaft for sure.

Thanks guys. The True Temper website fits me to an S300 in DG, and a 5.5 in PXi, sounds like these should be similar.

Are they similar to the PX Flighted shaft/PXi, or even higher launching than that?

I went from Cally uniflex to the TX in R. I tried hitting the stiff at the store, but they were just a bit stout for me as I got up to the 4 and 5. Can't give a direct comparision with the S300, everything I found before I bought suggested they were a pretty close match, but flighted.

Thanks guys. The True Temper website fits me to an S300 in DG, and a 5.5 in PXi, sounds like these should be similar.

Are they similar to the PX Flighted shaft/PXi, or even higher launching than that?

I think they launch higher than the PX flighted I have in my XHPs

I'd say they play pretty true to flex and depending on your swing speed they don't like aggressive transitions at least mine.

Thanks to this thread and some other threads on other forums, I decided to give these a go last weekend.

I'm not very good - i hacked around for 5 years or so in HS and college back in the late 90s/early 00s then quit, and came back this year after a 12-year layoff because I needed a new hobby. To my surprise it didn't take long to remember how to swing and I've been shooting anywhere from the upper 90s - 110 or so on 18 all year. I jumped back in with Ping G10s in the spring, which were fine for the most part but I chunked a little too often with. Trying out my buddies' non-GI clubs, I found that I didn't hit many fat shots so I concluded it must be the wide soles on my G10s that are messing with my head.

Hit the ci11s last week off the fitting cart at the PGA Tour store with stock shafts and kbs tour 90s in reg flex. Liked the KBS more, but not willing to pay the upcharge. PGA store didn't have any more in stock so I left and visited every golf shop in metro atlanta, but only 1 had any Ci11s left, and it was their last set so I picked em up.

Pretty pleased with them so far. out of the 100 or so balls i've hit with them, i think ive only hit a couple fat. Distance is about the same as my G10s, but they feel and look better. Except for the grips. I'm cutting those things off today and replacing with Tour Velvets. Finish wore nearly completely off the leading edge in 1 hour on a muddy range, but I don't care about that. Much better looking at address than my G10s. Going to game them tommorrow on a short executive course near my office here in the ATL.

9884449554_556116cfcd_z.jpg

Thanks to this thread and some other threads on other forums, I decided to give these a go last weekend.

I'm not very good - i hacked around for 5 years or so in HS and college back in the late 90s/early 00s then quit, and came back this year after a 12-year layoff because I needed a new hobby. To my surprise it didn't take long to remember how to swing and I've been shooting anywhere from the upper 90s - 110 or so on 18 all year. I jumped back in with Ping G10s in the spring, which were fine for the most part but I chunked a little too often with. Trying out my buddies' non-GI clubs, I found that I didn't hit many fat shots so I concluded it must be the wide soles on my G10s that are messing with my head.

Hit the ci11s last week off the fitting cart at the PGA Tour store with stock shafts and kbs tour 90s in reg flex. Liked the KBS more, but not willing to pay the upcharge. PGA store didn't have any more in stock so I left and visited every golf shop in metro atlanta, but only 1 had any Ci11s left, and it was their last set so I picked em up.

Pretty pleased with them so far. out of the 100 or so balls i've hit with them, i think ive only hit a couple fat. Distance is about the same as my G10s, but they feel and look better. Except for the grips. I'm cutting those things off today and replacing with Tour Velvets. Finish wore nearly completely off the leading edge in 1 hour on a muddy range, but I don't care about that. Much better looking at address than my G10s. Going to game them tommorrow on a short executive course near my office here in the ATL.

9884449554_556116cfcd_z.jpg

So sessy!! Great to hear you are happy with your purchase Enron. I am pretty close to taking a shot at a set of these - playing a set of muscle cavity irons that really just aren't forgiving enough for me when I'm not on my game. These have a thin topline for a GI iron, so I feel like they may be the best of both worlds for me.

Let us know how you like em going forward man! And welcome to :thp:!

Nice pick up Enron, enjoy them I know I do.

Ski you can find some great deals on these right now if your looking to experiment.

I know these fall into the GI category but are very workable if you so choose to be.

Nice pick up Enron, enjoy them I know I do.

Ski you can find some great deals on these right now if your looking to experiment.

I know these fall into the GI category but are very workable if you so choose to be.

You're not kidding...there's a few sets on the bay right now for $250, and some even less, in the shrink wrap. Crazy cheap. I'm gonna see if my local shop has a set lying around for me to try out first, but if not I'm probably pulling the trigger to try them out. Believe me, I want something GI right now - the attractive thing about these is that they still have a fairly thin topline/sleek look without sacrificing much forgiveness.

You're not kidding...there's a few sets on the bay right now for $250, and some even less, in the shrink wrap. Crazy cheap. I'm gonna see if my local shop has a set lying around for me to try out first, but if not I'm probably pulling the trigger to try them out. Believe me, I want something GI right now - the attractive thing about these is that they still have a fairly thin topline/sleek look without sacrificing much forgiveness.

I've seen some deals through some of the webtailers that are 250 or cheaper and Wilson has them marked down on their site as well. If you need anything but stock lie WS may be the way to go.

It's SO nice outside today and will be again tommorrow. Can't wait to go hit these!

I've seen some deals through some of the webtailers that are 250 or cheaper and Wilson has them marked down on their site as well. If you need anything but stock lie WS may be the way to go.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look around...know any off the top of your head that were <=250? I saw that W/S had marked them down as well - will they alter the lie for free on there? I've got my current sticks at 1* up, but the lies on these may be a little different to begin with.

It's SO nice outside today and will be again tommorrow. Can't wait to go hit these!

Lucky you, it's pouring here haha

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look around...know any off the top of your head that were <=250? I saw that W/S had marked them down as well - will they alter the lie for free on there? I've got my current sticks at 1* up, but the lies on these may be a little different to begin with.

Lucky you, it's pouring here haha

I would think they would, won't hurt to ask via phone or email.

I don't have any off the top of my head but I'll look tomorrow when I get to work and post it in here when I do.

I would think they would, won't hurt to ask via phone or email.

I don't have any off the top of my head but I'll look tomorrow when I get to work and post it in here when I do.

Don't go out of your way man, I can research it. Just wasn't sure if you remembered any off hand. Appreciate it, in either case.

The lie angle probably won't be a big deal, it's such a minor difference from stock. But hey, if they'll do it for no extra I'll take it!

Don't go out of your way man, I can research it. Just wasn't sure if you remembered any off hand. Appreciate it, in either case.

The lie angle probably won't be a big deal, it's such a minor difference from stock. But hey, if they'll do it for no extra I'll take it!

I wanna say it was several that DawgDaddy usually post deals from in the deal of the day thread.

Its no biggie for me to look it up tomorrow, I'm on my phone now and won't be home till late.

Wow, these grips are seriously cheap crap. I just finished regripping these things. The Wilson grips were thick and crumbled everywhere when i took em off. Stick to rebadged golfprides like everyone else, Wilson!

Wow, these grips are seriously cheap crap. I just finished regripping these things. The Wilson grips were thick and crumbled everywhere when i took em off. Stick to rebadged golfprides like everyone else, Wilson!

Those grips could be 2+ yrs old depending on where you picked up the clubs and how long they've been in store.

Back