Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons

davo3535

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, I'm pretty new to the forum but I thought i'd share my story of my newest purchase. I bought a set of Wilson Staff Ci11 irons on the weekend and put them into play the very next day for 9 holes. Shot a personal best 37 (the first time i've broken 80 over 9 holes) which i'm estatic about.

The irons have a very fluid feel to them when struck in the middle. off centre hits have decent feedback, but offered better than average forgiveness. The lofts are cranked a little (44* PW) so it wasnt surprising that I picked up about 1/2 a club length from my previous set - Adams a7's.

I was hoping to post some pics of them here, but seems my camera has some gremlins atm! Annoying.

I found a couple of pics online:

http://www.wilson.com/wilson/staff/home.jsp?bmLocale=en_AU

check out the ad banner that refreshes every 10 seconds. I got the deal with the free staff bag and tour cap. bargain!

http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Wilson_Staff_Ci11_Irons_Steel.html

they come in black or chrome. I got the chrome as they werent available in my local shop in black yet. The irons in my opinion look like a cross between the older ci7 model and ci9's. sort of the ci9 look with the ci7 heel toe cavity weighting.

The shafts are true temper TX. Not sure of the weight but if i was to guess I'd say they were lighter than the FST 105 ones that were in the Ci9's (I also hit these whilst i was deciding what to buy)

Ummmm if those are the pics of the real irons they are freaking dead sexy!!!!

They do look good. Would be interested in more reviews and comparisons with similar class clubs. Thanks for sharing.

iOS using Tapatalk

Those are nice! W/S just keeps on doing it with the irons!

I loved the Ci9's, and if these are even as good as those with that all black look, you can count me in.

Yeah those are great looking clubs. Glad they are working out for you.

Tapatalk

I took some photos with my iphone, but i'm not exactly a computer ninja so cant work out how to upload them! As soon as I do i'll post some pics.

Found this though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKCxJeG27xY

They do look great.

While looking at your link, I also discovered their ball fitting tool online, by far the most comprehensive fitting tool online. MUCH better than the Bridgestone app. I liked the FG Tour X (its not on the tool yet, and I don't think its released yet). If you've considered their balls, you should check it out.

They do look great.

While looking at your link, I also discovered their ball fitting tool online, by far the most comprehensive fitting tool online. MUCH better than the Bridgestone app. I liked the FG Tour X (its not on the tool yet, and I don't think its released yet). If you've considered their balls, you should check it out.

I had a look at that too, its a very good tool. I've never played a WS ball, might have to give one a go. Not sure if I like those shallow looking dimples though.

My CI9's are awesome but boy do I like the look of those CI11's. I love the black color with the wilson staff shield.

Thanks for that video link; these do look really good with that black finish. Techie but not too techie.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks for the peak at your irons. Very interesting look to them, very busy. If they perform that is all that matters

Kongfrontation

They are some great looking irons. Can't wait to see if THP gets some for testing/review purposes. I know how much the di11's were loved by the testers and it would be interesting to see if the ci11's are just as good.

Had to embed the video. I would very much like to hit these.

I was wondering where these irons have been. Look great, love that they are going to offer a black finish. Definitely a fan of the look. Thanks for letting us know!!

Man those look good, I cant wait to hit them

Those black irons look absolutely amazing. I think they would look even better in my black W/S bag!

I would very much like to hit these.
Yes. Immediately! I went from Ci7s to my Adams and would not be afraid to dump those and go back to Wilson. These are gorgeous and I know they'll perform.
And after seeing the black PVD shaft in the TP Mills HUEY, why not just go all black and put those in the Ci11s. Total blackout!

Those Ci11s are sexy. I had Ci7s and now Di9s. I cant wait to hit them, and possibly buy them! Gorgeous Gorgeous irons

1318291485950.jpg

ci11iron1.jpg
Davo, those look a lot different in your pics, then the ones in the video and the ones from that online store. Yours seem to be a lot more chrome than the other ones, or is that just the pics.

Having watched the video again, they are definatly supposed to be "black pvd" and the number on the bottom should be white and the whole club black.

Back