What is your driver length and swing weight?

Sposey549

Golfaholic
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
So I have tried the stock length drivers and weights and have never felt fully comfortable. I am playing my Nike Covert at 44.25" with a swing weight of D3. So what is your preference?

My Cobra Amp Cell is a D4 swingweight and 45.75" in length. Admittedly, I choke down an inch or so, so as I swing it it's probably more like 44.75".

My R11s is 44.25 and the weight is D1. Its's a 12* set to 11.25 open. It works really well for me.

I cut mine down 1/2" to 44 3/4", and used lead tape to increase the swing weight to D4, slightly heavier than standard.

44.75 and no clue on true SW.

Just shortened my R1 to 45" at D4. This is the shortest I've been in a few years, but generally make sure to keep to a D3-4 in all of them.

44.5". Between D2 and D3

Sent from The Galaxy Note 2

I usually play between 44-44.5" and I have no clue on swing weight.

Mine is typically whatever is stock. I've had 2 driver fittings and they both days stock was fine, 45.75 for both.

45.25" and D4. Cut down from 46.0". Lead tape on the on bottom of the head to bump it up from D0.

45-75" for me. I have no idea what the swing weight is. I tend to think that swing weight is a bit of an overrated spec. Unless we are talking extremes.

45" which has helped me find the center with more consistency! Not sure of weight though.

44.5" and not sure on the swing weight.

I was fit to a driver playing at 46", which I'm not sure is correct since I am 5'6"....and I have no clue what the swing weight is.

44.75" D4

I was fit to a driver playing at 46", which I'm not sure is correct since I am 5'6"....and I have no clue what the swing weight is.

I am also 5'6" and a 46" driver is too much for me to be consistent with. Cutting my length down has helped me to be more comfortable which makes me more confident. Confidence can lead to better shots. And I didn't lose any yardage. My Club face shows many more centered impacts.

I am also 5'6" and a 46" driver is too much for me to be consistent with. Cutting my length down has helped me to be more comfortable which makes me more confident. Confidence can lead to better shots. And I didn't lose any yardage. My Club face shows many more centered impacts.

Exactly how I feel. When I put a good swing on the ball, it explodes off the face and goes forever; however, I am way too inconsistent with it. My club fitter told me he was a believer that you should use the longest club that you can while still hitting the center of the club face. Well, I've hit some crappy balls off the center of the face, and I blame it on me subconsciously swinging a club differently knowing its too long for me.

Since I don't even know the swing weight, would cutting it down, say an inch, have all that much effect in swinging it? And, should it be trimmed from the butt or tip? I assume butt trimmed is easier?

Tip trimming can change some of the characteristics of the shaft, I would trim from the butt.

Swing weight is really just about feel. Most people have no clue what their swing weight is and probably can't feel much of a difference. IMO, if it's not a huge change you probably won't be able to tell. But you (or a club fitter) can use lead tape or weights in the shaft to balance it how you would like if you want to mess with the club's balance.

43.75 and D4. I play a 42 inch/D4 3 wood (3 Deep) too. I really this setup.

46" and D0 right now. :bulgy-eyes:

46" and D0 right now. :bulgy-eyes:

According to the internet, you shouldn't be able to hit that. Just a forewarning that all those good shots were pure fantasy.

According to the internet, you shouldn't be able to hit that. Just a forewarning that all those good shots were pure fantasy.

You mean the monster drive dead on into the wind I'm sitting next to now is a dream?

Damn Internet rules. Supposed to be heavier and shorter clearly, those are the rules!

44 and d6 and still stuck swinging it, maybe need to cut it to 40 dammit

43.75 and D4. I play a 42 inch/D4 3 wood (3 Deep) too. I really this setup.

how much distance difference do you see between the two clubs?

Back