Pre Show Driver Shoot Out Equipment Entries

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the complete list of the drivers that are being entered from each company. We know that there are a few off of the list that we would have liked to be included, but sometimes deadlines and production make it nearly impossible to happen.

Taylormade – Burner Super Fast & R9 Super Tri
Nike – VR & MachSpeed
Callaway – FT Tour, Diablo Edge, Diablo Edge Tour, & FTiq
Cleveland – DST Tour & DST
Srixon – ZTX
Wilson Staff – Smooth
Bridgestone – J38
Adams – Speedline 9032 LS & Fast 10
Cobra – ZL
Ping – G15 & I15
Geek – Dot.com This
Tour Edge Exotics – XCG3
Fourteen Golf – JC-909
Powerbilt – Air Force One Air Foil
*Pirahna – Still fighting with customs to get here on time. The company is trying everything to get them here on time.

Last edited:
looks like a great lineup JB

Re:pre Show Driver Shoot Out Equipment Entries

This looks like a solid collection of drivers. I can't wait to read the results.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Great Variety. I am jealous of the people who get to hit all of those!

Great lineup so far JB... any pics on that R9 Super Tri yet? I saw pics of the new burner somewhere and it looks, ehhhh.

• Admin
We will have all the pictures right after the embargo date is up in the next 2 weeks. We do not break embargo dates if a company asks us to specifically not to. Sorry.

Very good mix.....Can't wait to see the results!

We will have all the pictures right after the embargo date is up in the next 2 weeks. We do not break embargo dates if a company asks us to specifically not to. Sorry.
Is this why you see some pictures of this club on other sites and they call them "Spy" photos or something similar?

I bet the manufacturers must love that. :rolleyes:

What is the reason for the embargo dates?

Embargo dates are put in place for many reasons. Some companies do it for their sales reps, other companies prefer to control what comes out when for cyclical reasons. I do not know why other sites decide to put them up or call them spy photos.

However I can tell you that obeying embargo dates is one of the reasons that we normally get the clubs in hand first. And while a spy photo is fun to look at, trying a club out and even sometimes giving it away to the forum members means so much more. We honor them because they ask us to and we are all about our "word" here.

Some sites I suppose want shock factor and the awe factor to bring people in. We do not use that here (nothing wrong with it, just our opinion). We provide honest unbiased reviews for people that are looking for them. We do not need the shock factor because we do not sell advertising and jumping to get some quick hits from a picture does not help us long term like a relationship with a company does on good honest exchange of feedback.

One more thing to note, while some sites are quick to put up pictures of "new clubs" they are wrong a whole lot of the time and put up Japan models, etc...That leads to consumer confusion which is exactly what we do not want here. We would rather have the final product done, released, and then hopefully be able to give some away.

I hope that helps.

It does. Thanks!

Sounds like a good Mission Statement to me. :clap:

Here is the complete list of the drivers that are being entered from each company. We know that there are a few off of the list that we would have liked to be included, but sometimes deadlines and production make it nearly impossible to happen.

Taylormade – Burner Super Fast & R9 Super Tri
Nike – VR & MachSpeed
Callaway – FT Tour, Diablo Edge, Diablo Edge Tour, & FTiq
Cleveland – DST Tour & DST
Srixon – ZTX
Wilson Staff – Smooth
Bridgestone – J38
Adams – Speedline 9032 LS & Fast 10
Cobra – ZL
Ping – G15 & I15
Geek – Dot.com This
Tour Edge Exotics – XCG3
Fourteen Golf – JC-909
Powerbilt – Air Force One Air Foil
*Pirahna – Still fighting with customs to get here on time. The company is trying everything to get them here on time.

A little disappointing that the Mizuno timelines didn't work out. Would have loved to have them included. JB, do you think you'll be doing any reviews of the 2010 Mizuno drivers outside of the shootout this spring?

Absolutely. We will be covering their entire line. Just spoke to them today actually and unfortunately for them, the timeline just did not work.

It combines the R9 and the R9 460. 460 head with MWT. (weights)

I, for for one, can not wait. Should be great stuff.

This is now up on the home page with a couple of nice photos.

Im suprised that a few didnt enter, like Titleist and Mizuno. Looking forward to this one anyway, their loss!

Titleist responded and wanted to do it, but their "demands" were too high and were not able to be met.

Mizuno was definitely in as they have been with every shoot out we have done. However their clubs are not going to be ready in time.

Titleist responded and wanted to do it, but their "demands" were too high and were not able to be met.

Mizuno was definitely in as they have been with every shoot out we have done. However their clubs are not going to be ready in time.
Very interested in seeing the results here! Are all drivers in the contest coming with the same loft and shaft flex / length? Probably so, but I'm just wondering.

(I may be trying to pad my post count for the TM Burner contest, too :wink:)

lol figures Titleist would make "demands"...

Very interested in seeing the results here! Are all drivers in the contest coming with the same loft and shaft flex / length? Probably so, but I'm just wondering.

All drivers are sent in the same loft and we have both R and S for what a person plays. Length of shaft may be the same or may not be. We test off the rack drivers, not custom fit drivers. Whatever they sell off the rack is what we are testing. The reason is because over 75% of all driver purchases (its actually a lot higher) are bought with no fitting done.

Interesting, I didnt know you had all the same lofts, but that makes sense. What loft are they? Im guilty of picking up drivers off the shelf and not getting fit for what I actually need. I should do that one day.

10.0 as we took the average of what every golfer was playing. If a company did not have a 10, they used 10.5. However we also have 9.5 of every driver here.

That shouldn't be too hard! Just hang around and join in on the talk!

Back