The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest--ITS BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have realized this 24 day challenge thing is not for me. All the stuff you have to take (supliments, fiber drinks, their version of an energy drink, etc.) make me so nauseous. I think I will just stick to my normal healthy eating lifestyle and working out. I can't do these restrictive type diets, I would rather work out harder and be able to eat a turkey sandwich, which isn't bad for me anyhow. No more hard boiled eggs for this girl.

I think I have realized this 24 day challenge thing is not for me. All the stuff you have to take (supliments, fiber drinks, their version of an energy drink, etc.) make me so nauseous. I think I will just stick to my normal healthy eating lifestyle and working out. I can't do these restrictive type diets, I would rather work out harder and be able to eat a turkey sandwich, which isn't bad for me anyhow. No more hard boiled eggs for this girl.

Thanks for influencing my decision to try a cleanse. This week has been awesome as I have watched my eating habits. Waiting to do a weigh in tomorrow, but think ive shattered my goal for this week.

Thanks for influencing my decision to try a cleanse. This week has been awesome as I have watched my eating habits. Waiting to do a weigh in tomorrow, but think ive shattered my goal for this week.

I am sure this works for many people, but I just feel sick every day. They said we were going to feel great, have more energy, etc. but I just feel like I am going to be sick all day and I'm nothing but tired. It's not worth feeling like this. It doesn't mean I need to go eat unhealthy stuff, but I can eat a more balanced diet (like I used to back in my thin days) and have a good workout regimen.

Yeah when u said no apples I was like wtf. No point in torturing you self I know first hand weight loss can occur and be done with foods u can still enjoy

I just finished off some chicken & waffles with a side of cheesy bacon grits. Washed that down with 2 Magic Hats and soon to be 12 Yeunglings.

Contest starts for me next week.....

You know, for this thread, we should have additional moderator "filtering". Posts like this could be dangerous. :desire: (I could do without the Magic Hats and Yeunglings, but I'll take all of the other stuff! Yummmm!!!)

I feel like I'm doing well this first week. Took Friday off from exercise, but still ate well. Today was going to be a good test - eating healthy, and getting in a workout on a college football Saturday... So far, so good. Got an extra hour of sleep (this is something I'm watching, too, as I would like to get a minimum amount of 06:30 sleep, and also hoping the better diet and increased activity can bump that up to 07:00 every night). Also, found a snack I could eat a lot of... Had some chopped red onion, chopped red bell pepper, sliced portobello - sauteed those with a little salt/pepper, and a bit of olive oil, to get some flavor going, then added egg whites and some Tabasco Chipotle sauce. For a total of less than 175 calories, I had a good tasting, and relatively filling scramble. (Odd, watching football, and chomping on egg whites...)

Last edited:
I'm ready for Monday, normally when I'm dieting, I'll step on the scales daily. But in keeping with the biggest loser spirit, I decided to not weigh myself until weigh-in day. The suspense is killing me!

Had a flat bread pizza and unsweet tea for dinner last night and a salad and tea for lunch today. Lots of water and no beer.

Tonight I'll have to resist the urge to revenge eat after the arse whooping I took at the Gauntlet today (thanks Seth). :)

Kind of splurged for dinner...some boneless chicken wings and salmon. Today was a rest day, but I feel like I ate too much. So in an hour I will be doing a workout.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to have to give up bacon. Every time my wife makes it, I end up eating WAY too much and end up with a stomach ache and a ton of fatty guilt. I just lose all control when I see it in front of me. Might be one of the toughest things to give up, but I think it might be for the best.

I know my eating habits still are not what they should be. Still too much halloween candy. Had 2 beers and some battered mushrooms last night when out with friends.

Even if I don't drop a large number, I know that I have changed my habits (soda, fried foods, lowering my junk intake). I sat around today thinking how good a can of Coke would be.... but I don't have any in the house, and I managed to not touch a drop of any of it for 8 days so far. I don't expect to hit my goals quickly, but if I keep it up I still expect to hit them.

I know my eating habits still are not what they should be. Still too much halloween candy. Had 2 beers and some battered mushrooms last night when out with friends.

Even if I don't drop a large number, I know that I have changed my habits (soda, fried foods, lowering my junk intake). I sat around today thinking how good a can of Coke would be.... but I don't have any in the house, and I managed to not touch a drop of any of it for 8 days so far. I don't expect to hit my goals quickly, but if I keep it up I still expect to hit them.

Stick to it - sometimes, small changes can lead to big changes. One of the things I did when I had a "craving" for something sweet; I grabbed a handful of grapes, an apple, or even some flavored water (mixes that have little to no calories in them). Hoping to try and re-train my body/mind that these are perfectly acceptable substitutes. (The battered mushrooms sure sound good, though.)

I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to have to give up bacon. Every time my wife makes it, I end up eating WAY too much and end up with a stomach ache and a ton of fatty guilt. I just lose all control when I see it in front of me. Might be one of the toughest things to give up, but I think it might be for the best.

Bacon and I have a love/hate relationship. I love eating bacon, and bacon hates that I love eating bacon. I'm not sure there is a true "substitute" for good bacon, but when I want to make a bfast sandwich, I now use a lean canadian bacon. It's not quite the same, but still tastes good and gives me a bit of that salty pork goodness.

Crazy circuit workout yesterday and 7 mile run today. Exercise is on point but my diet is still lacking.

Went grocery shopping just now and saw mango's 5 for $5. I love mango's so I couldn't wait to get home and eat one. Now I know why they were on sale haha, that was tart!

I had oatmeal for breakfast, took me back to childhood.

Oh, how I hated my childhood...

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

I had oatmeal for breakfast, took me back to childhood.

Oh, how I hated my childhood...

Just call me...Barb

Haha, oatmeal can be hit or miss. Did you use water or milk? I have been using unsweetened vanilla almond milk with a little cinnamon and I like it.

Now that I have stopped that 24 day challenge I was able to have turkey bacon for breakfast and lunch meat for lunch (soon to be consumed) and I am so much happier!

It was a flavored packet, used water.

Cinnamon roll flavored oatmeal.
I figured how can I go wrong?

Just call me...Barb

It was a flavored packet, used water.

Cinnamon roll flavored oatmeal.
I figured how can I go wrong?

Just call me...Barb

If you didn't like that, then you probably aren't an oatmeal person. Those are generally decent. I know the texture can be an issue for a lot of people. I like oatmeal and sometimes the texture gets to me too.

I Love oatmeal...Apple cinnamon ftw

If you didn't like that, then you probably aren't an oatmeal person. Those are generally decent. I know the texture can be an issue for a lot of people. I like oatmeal and sometimes the texture gets to me too.

I'm a huge texture person.
I love banana taste, but can't eat them because of the texture. It literally freaks me out.
Mashed potatoes no problem, can't figure it out.

The oatmeal packets, I said to my wife, I bet these would make some sweet cookies!
She just shook he head.

Just call me...Barb

I Love oatmeal...Apple cinnamon ftw

Yum!

I'm a huge texture person.
I love banana taste, but can't eat them because of the texture. It literally freaks me out.
Mashed potatoes no problem, can't figure it out.

The oatmeal packets, I said to my wife, I bet these would make some sweet cookies!
She just shook he head.

Just call me...Barb

I completely understand and respect the texture issue. I am a huge texture person too, it's why I can't eat lobster or shrimp or jello for that matter. But then I can eat things like rice pudding and flan. It's weird.

Steel cut with shaved almonds, craisins and a dash of brown sugar. Is always a favorite

No workout all week and didn't really watch what I ate lol last minute workout today and early tomorrow am and hope for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back