The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest--ITS BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great hockey practice today skated till I couldn't feel my legs. Gonna lift a little later and walk on the tread mill I cheated a little and had a chic fila sandwich on the way into work after practice needed to get some food in my system before I got here.

Don't forget your deer antler spray! Lol jk

So, my main issue that I have noticed is that I am a snacker. If it is around, I am eating it. What sort of healthy snacks does everyone try to keep handy?

My go to right now are almonds and apples when I am at work, but I have to watch it on the almonds that I don't eat too many.

Terrible on the food this week, not having the insanity DVD to get started has really made me slack. Tomorrow starts my "new week"

My son doesnt know what a routine is. Goto bed at 7 for weeks, then for no reason, 9 is the new norm. Still gets up between 6 and 7. Of course hes 2, so what can you do?

I dont think p90x is possible at this point. I cant fit 60 and 80 minute workouts into my life schedule.

Im still gonna diet, but does anyone have any suggestions for at least minimal fitness that only requires minimal time requirements? Something like 20 pushups or crunches during commercial breaks on tv. I can squeeze in little stuff like that without my son hopping on me, but not much more.

Thoughts anyone?

~Rock

My son doesnt know what a routine is. Goto bed at 7 for weeks, then for no reason, 9 is the new norm. Still gets up between 6 and 7. Of course hes 2, so what can you do?

I dont think p90x is possible at this point. I cant fit 60 and 80 minute workouts into my life schedule.

Im still gonna diet, but does anyone have any suggestions for at least minimal fitness that only requires minimal time requirements? Something like 20 pushups or crunches during commercial breaks on tv. I can squeeze in little stuff like that without my son hopping on me, but not much more.

Thoughts anyone?

~Rock

If not P90X, or Insanity, take a look at the Focus T25 program. It's what I am looking at for beginning of December. In the mean time, you can do some of the basics you mentioned, or grab a couple of dumbbells and do some more complex movements. Push-up, into a squat while holding the weights, transition into curls, transition into overhead press, then do negatives of everything going the "other" direction.

Finally made it back to the fitness centre after a week of other things taking up my time, and a moment of weakness on Tuesday, when I couldn't find a parking spot and said "screw it, I'll just go get some dinner somewhere", and ended up wolfing down a double burger, onion rings and milkshake.

I find that a moderately paced, 60 minute cardio workout leaves seems to leave me feeling great afterwards, and, oddly enough, acts like an appetite suppressant. All I wanted to eat when I got home was a turkey sandwich. 400 calories, tops.

Kinda strange how physical exertion doesn't make me hungry, but little irritations like not finding a parking spot make me feel like I can eat a horse. Gotta get a handle on that urge to eat when I'm frustrated.

If not P90X, or Insanity, take a look at the Focus T25 program. It's what I am looking at for beginning of December. In the mean time, you can do some of the basics you mentioned, or grab a couple of dumbbells and do some more complex movements. Push-up, into a squat while holding the weights, transition into curls, transition into overhead press, then do negatives of everything going the "other" direction.

I just purchased the Focus T25 system last night from Beachbody. It isn't expected to come in till next week, but I'll do my best to give my impression as I start the program

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was pleasently surprised to wake up this morning with very little soreness. I may try and golf today, I have been too sore to even think of swinging a club until today.

I'll definitely look into T25. It's either a shorter workout, or just doing simple moves (pushups, curls, ab exercises, squats, etc) sporadically throughout the night.

I just purchased the Focus T25 system last night from Beachbody. It isn't expected to come in till next week, but I'll do my best to give my impression as I start the program

I'd definitely be interested in hearing your thoughts when you do get it.

~Rock

Ddec and I are finishing up our first week of T25. So far we are enjoying it. The 25 minutes go by quick.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

First of the week started out well, but being on the road and having The Golf Channel fed me is not helping me with losing weight. Oh and since I am staying in a room that is comped I don't have access to the gym.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

Another workout down, and many more to go. I'm pondering dinner options, but it won't be much...don't even feel that hungry.

Heading out with friends for drinks/appetizers tonight. Diet could be put to the stress test tonight.

Pure cardio = complete sweat!

Ddec and I are finishing up our first week of T25. So far we are enjoying it. The 25 minutes go by quick.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Look forward to hearing some updates on this. I enjoyed P90X, but just couldn't commit that kind of time on a near daily basis.

Keep it up everyone...big weekend ahead

Today is a tough day, I can't eat another salad or egg. I'm hungry, but cant look at another vegetable. I would love a turkey sandwich or even an apple right about now, but none of that is allowed in this 24 day challenge.

Today is a tough day, I can't eat another salad or egg. I'm hungry, but cant look at another vegetable. I would love a turkey sandwich or even an apple right about now, but none of that is allowed in this 24 day challenge.

No apples...why?

I feel your pain. Have not had a carb or any sugar since Sunday and have another week to go. I miss both. :)

Good for you on not giving in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished off some chicken & waffles with a side of cheesy bacon grits. Washed that down with 2 Magic Hats and soon to be 12 Yeunglings.

Contest starts for me next week.....

I just finished off some chicken & waffles with a side of cheesy bacon grits. Washed that down with 2 Magic Hats and soon to be 12 Yeunglings.

Contest starts for me next week.....

That WAS a pretty impressive plate of carbs and lard :)

I feel like I'm falling behind on this. After hardcore dieting for months before this started due to a thing at work, I've somewhat burnt out on behaving as far as the diet is concerned. Add on that I'm sick right now and tend to eat for comfort, I'm not anywhere near where I'd like to be. I'm hoping this passes quickly and I can get motivated like all of you, but it's been a rocky week.

Hey guys (and gals).... there is no magic elixir to this. For all the fancy diets and insane workouts, the formula is ALWAYS the same: Burn more calories than you consume. Simple math. It's all about Energy management.

As a former high school, collegiate and AAU wrestler and College wrestling coach, I used to eat, sleep and dream weight management. You can lose weight by doing absolutely nothing all day since your body uses energy just to function; Calories burned at rest, or resting metabolic rate. Of course, the kicker is, doing nothing means the amount of food you can eat would be an embarrassment on a birds menu.

But, all's not lost. You don't need to break your back exercising. Just find ways to keep your body in motion. Sitting still isometric routines, walking around the house.... 10,000 step equals 5 miles. It doesn't mean you have to go out and run or walk 5 miles. "Body in motion." Obviously, the more energy you use, the more calories you can consume and still lose weight. But, you need not be discouraged by time or circumstance.... "Body in motion". Make it so.

This week hasn't been good! But next we will be better. Just need to commit, and manage the stress other than eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back