Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bag looks like it was made for my RBZ irons, purchased it. That set up in the picture is awful, he doesn't use the diamond design at all.

If anyone had any questions about the scoring or rules for the Yahoo Fantasy Golf league, I've posted them in the Commissioner's Note on the "No Jeans" group page.

Busy day for me, new golf bag and now planning on dropping my 4i for a 60* wedge. Winter makes me play around with golf ideas way too much.

Busy day for me, new golf bag and now planning on dropping my 4i for a 60* wedge. Winter makes me play around with golf ideas way too much.

Better not go into the Deal of the Day thread :bulgy-eyes:

got a practice round in at plumb creek for the start of the 10 week winter league, shot 37 and got beat!!!!! jimmy shot 36 and it was a good scrambling 36, he hit some poor tee shot put nice recoveries and drop a putt or two also.

watching the golf in Hawaii and playing on the sim has got me jonesing to play golf on nice warm grass with the sun shining, heck i don"t care if i even hit my drives 250 instead of 285 at this point!!!:bananadance:

got a practice round in at plumb creek for the start of the 10 week winter league, shot 37 and got beat!!!!! jimmy shot 36 and it was a good scrambling 36, he hit some poor tee shot put nice recoveries and drop a putt or two also. watching the golf in Hawaii and playing on the sim has got me jonesing to play golf on nice warm grass with the sun shining, heck i don"t care if i even hit my drives 250 instead of 285 at this point!!!:bananadance:
Swinging like that in the winter? Can I have some of that?

got a practice round in at plumb creek for the start of the 10 week winter league, shot 37 and got beat!!!!! jimmy shot 36 and it was a good scrambling 36, he hit some poor tee shot put nice recoveries and drop a putt or two also.

watching the golf in Hawaii and playing on the sim has got me jonesing to play golf on nice warm grass with the sun shining, heck i don"t care if i even hit my drives 250 instead of 285 at this point!!!:bananadance:

Geez.. I am trying to remember when your drives even got to 250 last year..

I have to admit that the Sony Open is one of the toughest tournaments for me to watch - partly because we are right in the toughest part of winter ( for me anyways). I really think we need to plan a get together for the Sim. . I wouldn't mind planning it around Super Bowl Sunday either - play the SIM early and then go somewhere to watch the game.

I think this has been the hardest winter for me to get through because of golf. Last year I was dying for spring to come, but buying a house in the beginning of summer pretty much put my golf game on hold. It prevented me from reaching my golf goals last year and was really disappointing/frustrating. I took a step back after taking a huge step forward 2 years ago and it really hurt my confidence. All that makes this winter even harder to get through because this coming year I have no excuses for taking another step back.

Geez.. I am trying to remember when your drives even got to 250 last year..

I have to admit that the Sony Open is one of the toughest tournaments for me to watch - partly because we are right in the toughest part of winter ( for me anyways). I really think we need to plan a get together for the Sim. . I wouldn't mind planning it around Super Bowl Sunday either - play the SIM early and then go somewhere to watch the game.

I am in, not missing the next get together!

Local upstate NY golfer here, new to the forum. Pretty cool that there are a lot of you from around the area on here! I live in Penfield, NY but grew up on the Westside of town playing a lot of the courses in Spencerport. Can't wait for the 2014 season to kick off!

Local upstate NY golfer here, new to the forum. Pretty cool that there are a lot of you from around the area on here! I live in Penfield, NY but grew up on the Westside of town playing a lot of the courses in Spencerport. Can't wait for the 2014 season to kick off!

First welcome to THP and welcome to the Western NY thread!!

I am Aaron and a Westsider of Rochester as well. Grew up and currently live in Greece.

Welcome to THP and our thread buddy!! Glad to have ya aboard! You and I both are anxiously waiting the 2014 season!!

I think this has been the hardest winter for me to get through because of golf. Last year I was dying for spring to come, but buying a house in the beginning of summer pretty much put my golf game on hold. It prevented me from reaching my golf goals last year and was really disappointing/frustrating. I took a step back after taking a huge step forward 2 years ago and it really hurt my confidence. All that makes this winter even harder to get through because this coming year I have no excuses for taking another step back.

This weather is killing me as well. This has also been the hardest winter for me as I had my best golf year last year. I was playing really well and didn't want the season to end so now it's been nothing but dragging for me.

Sissy fade.
I really think we need to plan a get together for the Sim. . I wouldn't mind planning it around Super Bowl Sunday either - play the SIM early and then go somewhere to watch the game.
I am in for another simulator get together, but I can't do Super Bowl weekend. I'm not telling you to pick a different weekend...but pick a different weekend. :)
Welcome aboard! While the majority of the guys do live out your way, we've got some pretty interesting preliminary plans for playing all over the place in 2014. We like to call it the Thruway Series. I look forward to meeting you.

Oh, I forgot. My name is Pete Carroll and I definitely coach the Seattle Seahawks.

I am in for another simulator get together, but I can't do Super Bowl weekend. I'm not telling you to pick a different weekend...but pick a different weekend. :)

Aren't we just demanding. First you want me to switch from left handed to right handed, now you are rescheduling the simulator get together - what's next? Want me to forecaddie for you at the MC? I'll just head left on every hole. :)

In all seriousness - the Super Bowl weekend was really just to get the conversation going. Maybe Sunday, February 9th ??

Oh, I forgot. My name is Pete Carroll and I definitely coach the Seattle Seahawks.

Sorry Pete, but I can't stand Pete Carroll! :)

As long as you like Russell Wilson we can still be friends!!

A lot better than EJ :) You do know Aaron and I are Cowboys fans, right?

A lot better than EJ :) You do know Aaron and I are Cowboys fans, right?

Oh god Cowboys fans!? I thought Aaron was a Tom Brady fan boy. As long as you guys aren't Jets fans *Cough cough Jim cough*

Oh god Cowboys fans!? I thought Aaron was a Tom Brady fan boy. As long as you guys aren't Jets fans *Cough cough Jim cough*

Go Pats!!!

I used to be a Cowboys fan right up until Jerry Jones bought the team.. Then I moved to Boston and started rooting for the Pats - when Pete Carroll was the coach. How ironic is that?

Welcome to the group, I grew up in Greece, but now have a house in Irondequoit...I'm Matt by the way...

Cowboys and Pats fans? ugh.

Go Pats!!!

I used to be a Cowboys fan right up until Jerry Jones bought the team.. Then I moved to Boston and started rooting for the Pats - when Pete Carroll was the coach. How ironic is that?

I lost respect for them too when Jones took over but still have a soft spot for them from growing up. Bills fan first but always a sentimental Cowboys fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back