Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still prefer the Vokeys though?

Actually I got them at the same time as the Speedblades and honestly wanted something in my bag that I wasn't adjusting to. I had the 60 degree in my bag for awhile and liked it.

The only adjustment I had was touch shots around the green and I found out later that it was more me than the club.

Some of you guys (Pete, Aaron) have quite the collection of wedges to choose from :)
I'm going to have quite the mixed bag myself. Thanks for all the input.

Some of you guys (Pete, Aaron) have quite the collection of wedges to choose from :)
I'm going to have quite the mixed bag myself. Thanks for all the input.
In all honesty Andy, I regret not keeping the 60 degree ATV I had. At the time, I was dead set on adding Hopkins Wedges though, and I have, and I'm still waiting to hit them for the first time, but everything I've tried since has left me wishing I kept the ATV. Granted, I only got one round in with the SmartSole, but still. Something about that shaft and sole set up on the ATV that just clicked for me. It is the reason I went with a KBS shaft and wide grind on my 60 degree Hopkins.

In all honesty Andy, I regret not keeping the 60 degree ATV I had. At the time, I was dead set on adding Hopkins Wedges though, and I have, and I'm still waiting to hit them for the first time, but everything I've tried since has left me wishing I kept the ATV. Granted, I only got one round in with the SmartSole, but still. Something about that shaft and sole set up on the ATV that just clicked for me. It is the reason I went with a KBS shaft and wide grind on my 60 degree Hopkins.

Interested to hear how the Hopkins wedges work for you as well as more rounds with smartsoles. You'll have plenty of time to try them all since you'll probably be on the course a lot getting ready for the MC :)

Interested to hear how the Hopkins wedges work for you as well as more rounds with smartsoles. You'll have plenty of time to try them all since you'll probably be on the course a lot getting ready for the MC :)
Dean and I start a 12 week sim league tonight. Maiden voyage for the Hopkins. I also have all of my Cleveland wedges in the bag...for uhm...kicks.

Dean and I start a 12 week sim league tonight. Maiden voyage for the Hopkins. I also have all of my Cleveland wedges in the bag...for uhm...kicks.

Good to have them all in the bag for comparisons.

not to mention 22 other clubs you'll have in the bag #cheater

Just picked up a TM ATV 58* wedge off ebay for next to nothing. Any of you guys ever game one?

No, but I just picked up 3 and 5 Nike Covert Tour fairway woods for $99 each. Deal of the Day is a great thread!

No, but I just picked up 3 and 5 Nike Covert Tour fairway woods for $99 each. Deal of the Day is a great thread!

Hate to admit it, but put a decimal between your 9s, and that was what I got the ATV for...no brainer. Got lucky most of the other listings were 4 or 5 times that.

not to mention 22 other clubs you'll have in the bag #cheater
Eh...I took the R1 driver and the Super S hybrid out. Plus...5 of them are wedges.

That thread is DANGEROUS.

This weather is so depressing....

This weather is so depressing....

I think you're right on the money with this one!

They were just saying on the news that this Polar Vortex we are experiencing may come back in late January and may even be worse the next time. I am not sure that is possible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They were just saying on the news that this Polar Vortex we are experiencing may come back in late January and may even be worse the next time. I am not sure that is possible.

Eh, it doesn't really bother me...as long as it's not during golf season I'm good :)

Eh, it doesn't really bother me...as long as it's not during golf season I'm good :)

Good point! The year I moved to Boston, I was on the fence about moving until it snowed while we were playing a softball game - in June.

I am bothered,I am bothered,I am bothered!

I guess I've been living here too long. While I won't say it wasn't cold, I really didn't think it was that bad. I remember that winter of 93-94 where it dropped below freezing right before Christmas and did not rise above freezing for a second until the middle or end of February.

It was also around -20 for a few days in mid January that year. Now THAT was cold.

I guess I've been living here too long. While I won't say it wasn't cold, I really didn't think it was that bad. I remember that winter of 93-94 where it dropped below freezing right before Christmas and did not rise above freezing for a second until the middle or end of February.

It was also around -20 for a few days in mid January that year. Now THAT was cold.
I'm with you Jim, I remember when the winter was a straight shot of cold days and snow. Now it's inconsistent. After this week's blizzard and sub-zero temps we're up to mid 40s this weekend.

For you guys playing the fantasy golf, 2nd tournament starts tomorrow, so don't forget to pick your guys...ones that are actually competing in the tournament :)

You are right - overall it wasn't that bad and I think we were lucky. We didn't see the snow that most of Western New York got. I can't remember a time though ( and I asked my parents as well) where such a large section of the Thruway was shut down. As long as I was bundle up the last couple of days, the cold was pretty much manageable. Of course I didn't stay outside for too long either.

I was amazed today at the way people were driving this morning to work. It was still below zero, salt still hasn't de-ice the roads and people were flying around like everything was back to normal. Of course the fact that there was over 40 accidents during rush hour traffic, tells me that people were learning the hard way.

I'm fine......just depressed over the weather!

For you guys playing the fantasy golf, 2nd tournament starts tomorrow, so don't forget to pick your guys...ones that are actually competing in the tournament :)

Thanks for the reminder. Being able to watch the Monday round of the TOC has kinda thrown my week off. I honestly thought it was Tuesday today, which I guess you can look at a bonus since my week sped up by 24 hours. :)

But watching the Sony Open will bring a tear to my eye, because I can imagine walking that course watching the tournament like it was yesterday (really 2 years ago).

I've got my picks in(they're all playing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back