The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also do not accept lying on this board. Lying about us, the members here, and others will not be tolerated. Not when it is a personal attack.

Its a thankless job, but GG, Hacker, Forecaddie, and others handle it well.

Geez, i didn't know that these sort of things were happening. I can't fathom why someone would want to do that in the first place.

What you do isn't thankless JB and the gang. I appreciate being able to read your reviews, post my thoughts, and enjoy meeting people from all over. I think that i will make friends for life here, so trust me it's not thankless, so THANK YOU ALL!

yes it does, thanks for elaborating a little bit. i'm sure it's tough having to have a discussion with someone about attacking another member and it sucks that you have to do that. personally, i don't mind someone having a go at an opinion as long as it's not ruthless or personal.

Us either. It takes a lot for us to have to ban someone. We try to give people as many chances as possible it isn't until we are flooded with complaints from other members that we finally take action. The hardest part of running a forum is trying to keep the peace with everyone. You have so many different personalities and so many opinions it's sometimes hard to please everyone. It's like being a teacher to a very large class. But we wouldn't change it for anything and as long as the majority enjoy coming to THP then we are happy to deal with the issues as they come up.

Oh and just so everyone knows, because we have been asked this question before, we cannot read anyone's PMs. The only time someone can read a PM is if you respond to your email notification instead of signing on and responding from the forum. When you do that Hacker will get the PM because he has to deal with all that fun stuff.

Oh I will be completely honest here.....there is only 1 thing that anyone can say that will truly make my blood boil and that is accusing us of taking money from companies. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING makes me more angry. Believe me, it would be a hell of a lot easier to accept money for banner ads, I wouldn't have to work 2 jobs but we don't take the money and we don't post the ads because we promised when this was started that we wouldn't and we are true to our word, we want everyone to know our reviews are 100% unbiased. Just ask a few of the companies we have pissed off and will no longer work with us because we gave them a negative review.

Geez, i didn't know that these sort of things were happening. I can't fathom why someone would want to do that in the first place.

What you do isn't thankless JB and the gang. I appreciate being able to read your reviews, post my thoughts, and enjoy meeting people from all over. I think that i will make friends for life here, so trust me it's not thankless, so THANK YOU ALL!

That is very kind and appreciated. One of the things that gets to GG more than anything else is the constant thought that we get paid by companies. It has never happened and with the new laws we would have to disclose it. There are no ads here and all of this is paid for by her (she does all the books for THP Media, because I am not that smart). It gets to her and just last night she said "since everybody thinks we are on the take, we should have just taken money."

It has never been offered, and it certainly has never been taken.

Oh I will be completely honest here.....there is only 1 thing that anyone can say that will truly make my blood boil and that is accusing us of taking money from companies. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING makes me more angry. Believe me, it would be a hell of a lot easier to accept money for banner ads, I wouldn't have to work 2 jobs but we don't take the money and we don't post the ads because we promised when this was started that we wouldn't and we are true to our word, we want everyone to know our reviews are 100% unbiased. Just ask a few of the companies we have pissed off and will no longer work with us because we gave them a negative review.

Apparently great minds think alike. One thing i want to add is that anybody that has ever tested a product for us, be it a review, or just something we send out to testers on the forum like golf balls, always gets told the same thing. All we ask in any review is to be HONEST.

That is very kind and appreciated. One of the things that gets to GG more than anything else is the constant thought that we get paid by companies. It has never happened and with the new laws we would have to disclose it. There are no ads here and all of this is paid for by her (she does all the books for THP Media, because I am not that smart). It gets to her and just last night she said "since everybody thinks we are on the take, we should have just taken money."

It has never been offered, and it certainly has never been taken.

why on earth would people accuse you guys of being on the take? my professional life revolves around digital advertising and it doesn't take a genius to look around your site and realize that there's no advertising revenue to be had, anywhere!

GG-don't let your blood boil, it causes gray hairs, trust me, i know. i guess some times people find things that might be "to good to be true" so they have to question it. It's an inherited human trait.

Apparently great minds think alike. One thing i want to add is that anybody that has ever tested a product for us, be it a review, or just something we send out to testers on the forum like golf balls, always gets told the same thing. All we ask in any review is to be HONEST.

I can vouch for that!

why on earth would people accuse you guys of being on the take? my professional life revolves around digital advertising and it doesn't take a genius to look around your site and realize that there's no advertising revenue to be had, anywhere!

GG-don't let your blood boil, it causes gray hairs, trust me, i know. i guess some times people find things that might be "to good to be true" so they have to question it. It's an inherited human trait.

you are 100% right about that. It's just funny because I don't get upset if someone wants to call me every negative name in the book, but when they say we are on the take, I can feel my blood pressure rise. Maybe that is why I am seeing some gray hairs at 26!

And thank you for you thanks! Seeing the banter on here, the new members coming everyday, the great fun we had with the last contest....all those things makes everything we do worth while.

People assume (generalizing obviously) that when something gets a positive review and it is not something they agree with, then it must be wrong. My thoughts on the Penta stand out in this. We had so many assume that because I believe that the Penta is a superior ball for my game than that of the ProV1, than it must be because a company is paying me to say it.

I dont get it, but we get it all the time. We have members here that believe that. We have members here that believe that if we give something a negative review a company wont work with us. They clearly have not read our reviews because there is positive and negative in almost every single one.

But its the same people that think that each and every week and we just move on. Like GG said, you cannot please everybody.

I'm amazed at the restraint that the mods show around here in regards to banning some people.haha Props to them because they have a lot more patience than I do!

People assume (generalizing obviously) that when something gets a positive review and it is not something they agree with, then it must be wrong. My thoughts on the Penta stand out in this. We had so many assume that because I believe that the Penta is a superior ball for my game than that of the ProV1, than it must be because a company is paying me to say it.

I dont get it, but we get it all the time. We have members here that believe that. We have members here that believe that if we give something a negative review a company wont work with us. They clearly have not read our reviews because there is positive and negative in almost every single one.

But its the same people that think that each and every week and we just move on. Like GG said, you cannot please everybody.

hell, i guess i'd ban them too. They must not read the reviews, or read the forum members (who might test the products) opinions either. The thing i notice is that there are those who just think that they know more, that they might be better, that they judge someone based on what's in their bag, when the fact is, that's just not golf. We're all here b/c we love golf, we love equipment, we love advice b/c we want to get better. Yet, there are those who get on the golf course and compete with who they're playing with from the first tee shot. That's not golf to me. It's about me and the shot, the one shot in front of me, it's a beautiful simplistic complex game, if that makes any sense?

I'm amazed at the restraint that the mods show around here in regards to banning some people.haha Props to them because they have a lot more patience than I do!

Exactly, I dont want to name any members but there was a few frumpy Canadians a while back that I believe were never banned. I would of given the boot to them way quicker. Who complains about winning a prize?

hell, i guess i'd ban them too. They must not read the reviews, or read the forum members (who might test the products) opinions either. The thing i notice is that there are those who just think that they know more, that they might be better, that they judge someone based on what's in their bag, when the fact is, that's just not golf. We're all here b/c we love golf, we love equipment, we love advice b/c we want to get better. Yet, there are those who get on the golf course and compete with who they're playing with from the first tee shot. That's not golf to me. It's about me and the shot, the one shot in front of me, it's a beautiful simplistic complex game, if that makes any sense?

tcalloway- you should be banned for making sense! :laughing:

Wal-Mart, I'm watching a documentary on their global business. I just can't imagine doing the daily cheers that they have their employees doing. It's farking hilarious.

Exactly, I dont want to name any members but there was a few frumpy Canadians a while back that I believe were never banned. I would of given the boot to them way quicker. Who complains about winning a prize?

LOL! I must admit I don't miss those certain members at all. I think they just overstayed their welcome and moved on to darker pastures.

We do almost everything we can to not ban someone and in fact I think we have only banned 5 people ever. The biggest reason we ban someone is if they are constantly attacking other members. We also have a few rules here and we are pretty stern about them and if someone can't follow that then they can get banned. We like to think of ourselves as more of a family friendly forum. I totally understand people liking nude pictures however we do have children on this site so we are careful not to let anything to racy been seen on THP.

We will never ever edit someone's post without discussing it with them first and we will only delete a post if it is completely offensive to another member or if it has spam. We don't want to police everyone we just want to keep a clean forum where people are happy to be a part of and who know how to banter without being too offensive. If someone is going to continuously commit a verbal attack on a person then we may need to take action. We are very fortunate, however, because we haven't had to deal with too much of that and for the most part everyone on here is absolutely awesome and even when opinions differ people can handle it in a mature way. I hope that answer your question a little bit.

Not sure if that is completly true......

Not sure if that is completly true......

Really? Well I can assure you are wrong. The only time anything has ever been edited is to remove a link that we feel is advertisement and spam or an entire thread has been deleted because of spam. We have also locked up threads due to it becoming out of control but we have NEVER EVER edited someone's posts. If you feel otherwise you are more than welcome to PM me and we can discuss it further but I can tell you right now I take a huge offense to your comment.

My wife and I are both injured. It stinks. Neither of us have played a round of golf in a couple of weeks and when we go to the range, it is flat out scary. She hurt her neck pretty badly and is not even supposed to be swinging yet and I had a small simple procedure done that was horrifying (not worth getting into), but we are on the road to recovery and are supposed to play this weekend.

SHould be some scary rounds.

My wife and I are both injured. It stinks. Neither of us have played a round of golf in a couple of weeks and when we go to the range, it is flat out scary. She hurt her neck pretty badly and is not even supposed to be swinging yet and I had a small simple procedure done that was horrifying (not worth getting into), but we are on the road to recovery and are supposed to play this weekend.

Here's to a speedy recovery!! Hopefully in time for the PGA show???

Oh yeah, it has not been pretty at the range. We can't seem to stay away from this game though, even when told not to play we are still out there.:D

Good luck JB and GG... be sure to post your scores!!!:D

I don't remember reading about your injuries JB...what happened?

Hopefully the rains will stop this weekend, but my toe is still pretty purple and blue and green from when I walked into the doorway, LOL, so I haven't been able to wear shoes yet :( I'm stuck with slip ons for a while. So hopefully I'll be able to get out there this weekend :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back