The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this a little odd, I did a search for R9 fairway woods and they sell them at basspro.com. Who knew?:confused2:

I bought some clubs at Bass Pro in Springfield about 7 or 8 years ago. A driver and a 5 wood, I think.

I really used to love Bass Pro Springfield. Got some great flyrods up there.

You think your aim is that good?

We used to punch carp after boozing all day at the lake. Im pretty sure I could take them with my 3 wood.

We used to punch carp after boozing all day at the lake. Im pretty sure I could take them with my 3 wood.

You used to punch carp? For some reason that just cracked me up! I hit a carp with an errant approach shot over a pond and it knocked my ball out of the water and back into play. I :love: carp.

I'm trying to imagine you swinging in the water. It's not a pretty visual since you have no head.

You used to punch carp? For some reason that just cracked me up! .

Its fun, you should try it sometime. They just go to the bottom and swim back up and want more.

You used to punch carp? For some reason that just cracked me up! I hit a carp with an errant approach shot over a pond and it knocked my ball out of the water and back into play. I :love: carp.

I was there. Lucky bastage.

I'm trying to imagine you swinging in the water. It's not a pretty visual since you have no head.

Well, usually your on a dock or a boat leaning over and you just punch. The water slows it down so you dont hurt the carp too much.

Well, usually your on a dock or a boat leaning over and you just punch. The water slows it down so you dont hurt the carp too much.

I meant swinging your club, but ok.

Sounds like something we'd do in northern Wisconsin... :D

I remember it well. That par 5 with the pond in front of the green. I think it was the same round that I was finally far enough to the left that I had a shot at the green in 3 shots but was stuck in the trees. Then I put two in the pond! Grrrr.

I remember it well. That par 5 with the pond in front of the green. I think it was the same round that I was finally far enough to the left that I had a shot at the green in 3 shots but was stuck in the trees. Then I put two in the pond! Grrrr.

Haha, that's the one. I was on the right side of the fairway and trying to go over the trees. Jimmy was the only one who saw it hit the water and come flying back out. He was :rofl:

I just noticed that there are some Forum members that have their usernames in white, and when clicking on them it says that they are "banned". Does that mean that they can't access the forum anymore or that they can't post anymore? is this something that happens often, people being banned? how does one get banned in the first place? I know that sometimes opinions and statements can be harsh to some but what does it take to get banned from THP? What offends some may not offend others, I don't know, just curious i guess.

I just noticed that there are some Forum members that have their usernames in white, and when clicking on them it says that they are "banned". Does that mean that they can't access the forum anymore or that they can't post anymore? is this something that happens often, people being banned? how does one get banned in the first place? I know that sometimes opinions and statements can be harsh to some but what does it take to get banned from THP? What offends some may not offend others, I don't know, just curious i guess.

We do almost everything we can to not ban someone and in fact I think we have only banned 5 people ever. The biggest reason we ban someone is if they are constantly attacking other members. We also have a few rules here and we are pretty stern about them and if someone can't follow that then they can get banned. We like to think of ourselves as more of a family friendly forum. I totally understand people liking nude pictures however we do have children on this site so we are careful not to let anything to racy been seen on THP.

We will never ever edit someone's post without discussing it with them first and we will only delete a post if it is completely offensive to another member or if it has spam. We don't want to police everyone we just want to keep a clean forum where people are happy to be a part of and who know how to banter without being too offensive. If someone is going to continuously commit a verbal attack on a person then we may need to take action. We are very fortunate, however, because we haven't had to deal with too much of that and for the most part everyone on here is absolutely awesome and even when opinions differ people can handle it in a mature way. I hope that answer your question a little bit.

We do almost everything we can to not ban someone and in fact I think we have only banned 5 people ever. The biggest reason we ban someone is if they are constantly attacking other members. We also have a few rules here and we are pretty stern about them and if someone can't follow that then they can get banned. We like to think of ourselves as more of a family friendly forum. I totally understand people liking nude pictures however we do have children on this site so we are careful not to let anything to racy been seen on THP.

We will never ever edit someone's post without discussing it with them first and we will only delete a post if it is completely offensive to another member or if it has spam. We don't want to police everyone we just want to keep a clean forum where people are happy to be a part of and who know how to banter without being too offensive. If someone is going to continuously commit a verbal attack on a person then we may need to take action. We are very fortunate, however, because we haven't had to deal with too much of that and for the most part everyone on here is absolutely awesome and even when opinions differ people can handle it in a mature way. I hope that answer your question a little bit.

yes it does, thanks for elaborating a little bit. i'm sure it's tough having to have a discussion with someone about attacking another member and it sucks that you have to do that. personally, i don't mind someone having a go at an opinion as long as it's not ruthless or personal.

yes it does, thanks for elaborating a little bit. i'm sure it's tough having to have a discussion with someone about attacking another member and it sucks that you have to do that. personally, i don't mind someone having a go at an opinion as long as it's not ruthless or personal.

That is what THP is all about. Debate, even arguments, and good banter. But we are family friendly and personal attacks are not tolerated. 5 people other than spammers in close to 18 months is not too bad. Its the same bunch and we wait as long as we can before having to do it. It sucks and we hate having to, but for the sanity of others, sometimes it has to be done.

We also do not accept lying on this board. Lying about us, the members here, and others will not be tolerated. Not when it is a personal attack.

Its a thankless job, but GG, Hacker, Forecaddie, and others handle it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back