2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

Rob,
As Kevin and Mike have said, and I'll repeat. Water off a ducks back brother!

You know what's up now with THP and THPers and that's what matters!

Although I'm not sure I believe all the scores....
(Of course I'm joking)

I wouldn't sweat it Rob. Some people see others having fun and enjoying his great game and jealousy creeps in. Until they experience THP or a THP event the doubters and haters will exist.

This is pretty spot on in my opinion. I wont touch on the jealousy part, but people really dont understand the events until they come to one of the events. I have even had someone tell me while at one of the larger ones this year "I assumed the negative reviews at events were passed over, these are pretty amazing".

The crazy part is, there is less than 10% of the readers that even click on the event threads. So clearly many agree with your friend or just dont care. Thats okay though, because we know what the future holds in this instance and never pass up an opportunity to share the fun with THPers here.

I agree guys. I'm thinking definitely some jealousy

Great point about non THP guys not getting it.

Anyway I was there and know how great it was.

Anyway don't want to bog down a great thread. Provably should have posted in rant thread.

I agree guys. I'm thinking definitely some jealousy

Great point about non THP guys not getting it.

Anyway I was there and know how great it was.

Anyway don't want to bog down a great thread. Provably should have posted in rant thread.

people don't get it until they experience it

Haters gonna hate.

Preconceived notions of these events are sometimes down right humerous. Then the person (hopefully) gets to experience one first hand and they see the light. Or sometimes even better, they get to do it with a spouse or significant other

people don't get it until they experience it

This is 100% spot on. I know I attended several tournaments with my buddies each year and thought I knew somewhat what my first THP event was going to be like. Man was I wrong, just like Rob this past weekend I could not stop smiling, as jhstew says, people don't get it until they experience it.

Rob, I'm just glad you got everything you wanted out of your first THP event and more buddy. People don't know till they see it first hand.

I :love: this place and my family here.

This is 100% spot on. I know I attended several tournaments with my buddies each year and thought I knew somewhat what my first THP event was going to be like. Man was I wrong, just like Rob this past weekend I could not stop smiling, as jhstew says, people don't get it until they experience it.

Rob, I'm just glad you got everything you wanted out of your first THP event and more buddy. People don't know till they see it first hand.

I :love: this place and my family here.

Alex and Randy it was because you two and 50 plus others that were there this weekend that allowed me to get everything out of it.

The only downside is I have to wait until 2015 to do it again in person.

But till then I will be able to relive it all to some extent by following the great times that others will be having in The Wilson Personal Distance and The Grandaddy 2 events!!

The only thing negative thing I can say about this weekend was.. It went by too fast!!

The only thing negative thing I can say about this weekend was.. It went by too fast!!
that describes all THP events

Met a "friend" this morning for coffee and bagel. Told him about the trip and all the great things about it.

He basically tried to make a negative out of everything I said about the trip.

From saying "I don't know why you would go on such a trip in your condition. You have no chance of playing well"

To also not believing some of the great scores and golf I told him others played. Basically saying since they were guys "from the internet" they must not have played real golf"

I basically got up and left. I wasn't going to let his negative attitude ruin what was a such a great event.

Why do some people have to be so negative?

I might need to reevaluate my friends well at least one of them.
It's a petty amazing situation if you really think about it - a bunch of people that mostly don't know each other get together, have great fun, grow friendships and play golf. It's hard for outsiders to believe because they can't possibly understand the THP way, and get how the things that make this place such a unique online community would naturally translate to incredible in person experiences.

Very well said Frank.

Truly a great family with great events.

Truer words never spoken. My only regret is don't not get enough time with everyone.
But there is always 2015 to look forward to :)

Something I forgot earlier, I had met Alex and Tyler before and let me tell you, they are 2 of the nicest young men you will ever meet. When Robert and were talking about how people can look different that what you thought from just seeing them on line, I said Tyler is so mature I figured he was a middle aged guy before I met him, it is so refreshing to see a young guy who is an absolute gentlemen. Alex is the same way. I am so proud of both of them, what a great display of golf they put on this weekend.

#Cantwaitfor2015THPschedule

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has shared the experiences and photos of this event. You all make me want to be at one of these events very soon. Having been part of another forum where gatherings were amazing... none were as much fun and "drama free" as these sound! Can't wait to eventually meet some of you. I may just have to show up at the Granddaddy just to hang out LOL

Sitting through my liquid lunch Thursday here in NY and decided to go with a quesadilla as well. NOWHERE near as good as the one in the game room at 1:30 am Saturday night/Sunday morning.

I want to go back…

Sitting through my liquid lunch Thursday here in NY and decided to go with a quesadilla as well. NOWHERE near as good as the one in the game room at 1:30 am Saturday night/Sunday morning.

I want to go back…
I forgot about that quesadilla. It was good

The chicken fingers with ranch were underwhelming. Maybe it's because I spent the whole time watching everyone else eat the amazing grilled cheese. #SomeRagrets

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has shared the experiences and photos of this event. You all make me want to be at one of these events very soon. Having been part of another forum where gatherings were amazing... none were as much fun and "drama free" as these sound! Can't wait to eventually meet some of you. I may just have to show up at the Granddaddy just to hang out LOL

Pretty sure showing up at the Grandaddy golf course would end up with a person leaving confused. :bulgy-eyes:
Hope you are able to join the AC and make a THP Event in 2015. They are truly special.

THP events are out of this world. By the end of the weekend the golf might not even be the highlight.
I had so much fun at The King off the course that I honestly wasn't expecting going in, just because I didn't know better.

THP events are out of this world. By the end of the weekend the golf might not even be the highlight.
I had so much fun at The King off the course that I honestly wasn't expecting going in, just because I didn't know better.

Coming out of that event, with how much fun you said you had with the guys, I figured they had a fan for life. You were loving that weekend, it was awesome to see.

Shane almost got more then you did....

It wasn't a quesadilla, but thanks for the extra piece of pizza you left behind Monday :)

Back