Ian Poulter announces he has signed with Titleist

I'm going to guess he'll go with Ping. He can still wear his flamboyant outfits. Poulter is an outside the norm kinda guy, can't see him with someone traditional like Mizuno or Titleist. Callaway and Taylormade just seem too mainstream for him.

I'm thinking :topflite: would suit him well. :alien:

Pro V user, long time vokey user...might as well finish off the bag. Have a feeling putter will still change with no loyalty.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pro V user, long time vokey user...might as well finish off the bag. Have a feeling putter will still change with no loyalty.

Think he has a Scotty putter now.

Think he has a Scotty putter now.

Was using the X5 proto for awhile? Think he went back to Odyssey for Ryder Cup though.

Very interesting reading how many of you guys in the USA have a dislike to Poults, I'm guessing mostly due to his Ryder Cup form.
I, personally, see this as a bit of a loss for Cobra in the UK market. There's no denying that Ian is a popular figure over here and his publicity must surely have helped them shift units in the UK. They have definitely played on this, with the likes of the limited edition Arsenal FC Bio Cell driver etc.
Will be very interested to see where he ends up signing.

I'll bite. I like the guy. I think he has passion and plays with fire.

I have grown to like Poulter's passion for the game, but I've seen him throw plenty of tempter tantrums on the course when I've gone to watch some tournaments. Stuff that isn't really shown on TV. I'm sure there are plenty of players like that though. So while I'm not his biggest fan because of his attitude, he definitely has a fire in him that I enjoy seeing when he plays well.

Ogilvy left Cobra to go to Titleist and I bet Poulter does the same (Acushnet connection). Titleist styling does seem a bit "traditional" for him though.

Don't think I've seen anyone mention it but CPG has Will MacKenzie on their staff also. Doesn't have too much of a name right now but I've seen him play a bit and seems like he'll be a potential winner for CPG in the future.

Don't think I've seen anyone mention it but CPG has Will MacKenzie on their staff also. Doesn't have too much of a name right now but I've seen him play a bit and seems like he'll be a potential winner for CPG in the future.

Isn't Will like 40?

Why do I have a feeling he will sign with Wilson Staff or Mizuno.

Boy, that would be a shot in the arm for WIlson Staff - hope he goes that direction...

What about Adams?

I'll bite. I like the guy. I think he has passion and plays with fire.

Not sure what it is, might be the Union Jack pants he wore, his overall flare, his fire and attitude...maybe all of it, but I have been a fan of IJP for awhile.

I know he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way when he said that if he played to his potential it would just be him and Tiger. Bold talk for someone with a rather thin resume.

How surprising! I can't imagine a company fitting him better than CPG. I really have no clue where he'll go, and it looks like just about every company has been mentioned except Bridgestone.

So, I'm saying he goes Bridgestone. There.

How surprising! I can't imagine a company fitting him better than CPG. I really have no clue where he'll go, and it looks like just about every company has been mentioned except Bridgestone.

So, I'm saying he goes Bridgestone. There.

Bridgestone has built a pretty strong identity with being an American company. Not sure a European guy in flashy pants whose biggest golf accomplishments are beating America in the Ryder Cup is congruent with their image.

I think when it is announced, it will surprise a lot of people.

Wilson? That would probably be the one company to really surprise me.

THP staffer?

I honestly have no idea, I'd see mizuno maybe

This has me really intrigued. One of the big three or a less talked about OEM.

Bridgestone has built a pretty strong identity with being an American company. Not sure a European guy in flashy pants whose biggest golf accomplishments are beating America in the Ryder Cup is congruent with their image.

I'd never in a million years expect him to go that way, let's be clear. It would be fun to see him match his outfits to their yellow-gripped putters, though.

This is very surprising to me. I always thought IJP and Cobra were a great fit...at least personality wise. I would think he is a pretty good boost to European sales. But, maybe Cobra/Puma is becoming like Nike. When Tiger/Rory win, shirt sells go through the roof after a win. Maybe Cobra/Puma neeeds someone who helps their apparel sells, which, obviously, IJP is not for.

Are you saying this to get a rise out of us or do you already know and it surprised you?

Back