It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

JB/GG will we need to know tee times for those of us who are planning on playing Friday or Monday? Or is that handled separately afterwards?

That is handled afterwards. This is STRICTLY to reserve your room.

That is handled afterwards. This is STRICTLY to reserve your room.

Alright, just checking. Didn't know so I thought I'd ask.Thanks!

Last edited:
9-iron once we know who is playingon wat days I think we we make the tee times seperate from THP.

How is the child lock comming along?

Just an update for everyone I gave the official Go Ahead just now to book the Champion Course for Saturday. They said that if a select few do not want to play that course they can book separate tee times but if we can all play that course it would make it easier. There is a $50 per person upcharge for the course but it seems as though no one has an issue with that correct? If you have any reservations about this course feel free to PM me. We want to do everything we can to make this a great event for everyone :smile:

9-iron once we know who is playingon wat days I think we we make the tee times seperate from THP.

How is the child lock comming along?

Not good my friend, not good. It's a good thing we've got four months to master this, otherwise we would be having problems come September!! :act-up:

Not good my friend, not good. It's a good thing we've got four months to master this, otherwise we would be having problems come September!! :act-up:

Guys you do NOT need to worry about the Friday and Monday rounds yet. Tee times for those rounds cannot be booked this far out.

Just an update for everyone I gave the official Go Ahead just now to book the Champion Course for Saturday. They said that if a select few do not want to play that course they can book separate tee times but if we can all play that course it would make it easier. There is a $50 per person upcharge for the course but it seems as though no one has an issue with that correct? If you have any reservations about this course feel free to PM me. We want to do everything we can to make this a great event for everyone :smile:
GG, are you planning on playing it Saturday?

Guys you do NOT need to worry about the Friday and Monday rounds yet. Tee times for those rounds cannot be booked this far out.

I was commenting on the child lock part JB. I was not even thinking about the rounds at that point. Sorry.

GG, are you planning on playing it Saturday?

I think so, yes. I know it's going to be incredibly challenging but how many times can I say that I played a course that holds a PGA Tour, held a PGA Championship, and a Ryder Cup? I may shoot a 140 but it doesn't matter I think it will be worth it.

Just a reminder to everyone, once you book your room by sending back the CCA form please email me and let me know so I can officially have you down as attending. Thanks so much everyone!

I think so, yes. I know it's going to be incredibly challenging but how many times can I say that I played a course that holds a PGA Tour, held a PGA Championship, and a Ryder Cup? I may shoot a 140 but it doesn't matter I think it will be worth it.

Just a reminder to everyone, once you book your room by sending back the CCA form please email me and let me know so I can officially have you down as attending. Thanks so much everyone!

I am really starting to get jealous of everyone that is able to attend. :sad:

That's my thinking too, might as well go ball's out on this trip, its a once in a lifetime. Just like going to the driving range at Turtle Bay - I can say I've been there and have hit balls there :laughing: So why not play the Championship Course? If I hack it...heck, I hack it, all about having fun and just doing something I may not get an opportunity to do again :good:

Just faxed in my CCA!!! Woo, now to find flights for a *cough* reasonable *cough* price. Even if I have to drive there, we are in.

Edit: Oh yeah and we are fine with paying extra to play the Championship course!!! My prediction for my score - 93

Last edited:

GG, I sent you a PM with a question. Did you receive it? I've been having issues with my browser and just want to make sure you got it. Thanks!!

Just faxed in my CCA!!! Woo, now to find flights for a *cough* reasonable *cough* price. Even if I have to drive there, we are in.

Edit: Oh yeah and we are fine with paying extra to play the Championship course!!! My prediction for my score - 93
We're driving there if we have too as well :wink:

If that's the case, my wife and I will both play then.

Ok here is some information for people flying in... esp pertaining to couples.
Shuttle: This is $30 per person, per direction. So for a couple it would be $30 each, each way for a total of $120. If you want to get a shuttle you can contact Metro cars - call the resort direct at 561-627-2000 and asking for transportation.
Parking: Self parking is free, Valet parking is an additional cost (of course).

With this in mind, my wife and I will be renting a car, and driving from the airport to the resort, we can rent a car for about $25-$30 a day. So it actually works out cheaper to rent a car than to take the shuttle. We are most likely flying into Ft. Lauderdale airport, and driving up from there. There are not many flights to West Palm beach for us, and it just seems easier that way.

Flights booked = Check
CC Authorization faxed in = Check
Child proof lock for mini bar purchased = Check

All I need to do now is pack! OH and learn to play golf. Can't wait to lose a sleeve of balls thru the Bear Trap but like everyone else, I don't care if I shoot to the moon.

Shuttle: This is $30 per person, per direction. So for a couple it would be $30 each, each way for a total of $120. If you want to get a shuttle you can contact Metro cars - call the resort direct at 561-627-2000 and asking for transportation.

With this in mind, my wife and I will be renting a car, and driving from the airport to the resort, we can rent a car for about $25-$30 a day. So it actually works out cheaper to rent a car than to take the shuttle. We are most likely flying into Ft. Lauderdale airport, and driving up from there. There are not many flights to West Palm beach for us, and it just seems easier that way.
It's really not that bad of a drive from Fort Lauderdale up to West Palm. I have done it many times. Not a bad option considering the shuttle price for a 10 mile commute.

Hmm...good point, maybe the BF and I will just rent a car as well :) The shuttle price seems kind of pricey and I'm sure we can get a rental car for cheapy too :wink:

Great info! I never really thought about that end of it. Renting a car definitely could be the way to go!

Oh my! I copied the following from the Champion course online information. 16 out of 18 water holes and 107 sand traps. It's not going to be pretty but we'll have a great time.

PAR: 72
Tee Gender Yardage Par Rating Slope
Black Mens 7048 72 75.2 148
Gold Mens 6727 72 73.4 145
Blue Mens 6373 72 71.8 138
White Mens 5984 72 69.9 129
White Ladies 5984 72 76.1 153
Red Ladies 5145 72 71.7 136

QUICK FACTS:

* Designer: Tom & George Fazio
* Redesign: Jack Nicklaus
* Course Opened: November 17, 1981