The Golf Chick Project

Golf is supposed to be fun and a great time with friends, as long as you go out with that program in mind you will shoot better. Until you are putting food on the table with a sport it should be for the fun of it, why else in the world would you pay good money not to have fun!

Just when I thought I've perfected my hitting with my 9i, nope, I'm still working on my swing with my 9i. Tonight, we worked on keeping my arms close to my body and having my shoulders and arms working together instead of my arms and my hands. Keeping my arms straight, now I'm shifting my weight to my left side as I'm coming down with the club on the downswing. So much to think about. But once I got that figured out, I was shooting them up in the air like a rocket, with my 9i and I even made it to 150 yards :twist: (with roll). But I was hitting balls like this consistently for about 10 in a row and then my arms moved too much in front and then I had to step back, go back to the half swing and then back to the full swing. But tonight's lesson was better than last week and I think each lesson gets better. I'm still only using my 9i.

I won't have a lesson next week since the BF will be out :( and then in July, he'll be at the US Open with his Juniors for 2 weeks and maybe more after that, so we'll see. But we're def. going to keep our lessons with him and getting some more once our first batch is over.

On a sad note...there were investors looking at the golf course wanting to buy it :crying: So who knows what's going to happen. Hopefully it'll stay a golf course and our instructor will stay there, but whereever he goes, we will follow!!

great stuff GC, keep up the hard work

My next lesson in 2 weeks I'm going to ask him about my clubs to see if I'm ready to revamp my bag and get a 360* change. I love my clubs, but they're starters and I'm not really a "starter" anymore and maybe I can do a better with a whole new set of sticks. I'm hitting my 9i over 100 yards in the air and getting a roll to about 150 or so!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

My next lesson in 2 weeks I'm going to ask him about my clubs to see if I'm ready to revamp my bag and get a 360* change. I love my clubs, but they're starters and I'm not really a "starter" anymore and maybe I can do a better with a whole new set of sticks. I'm hitting my 9i over 100 yards in the air and getting a roll to about 150 or so!

Gees, you are killing that 9i! My 9i is between 140 and 150. Man, I am going to have to swallow some pride when you hit it farther than me.

Saturday, my next golf opportunity, I'm going to use the BFs X18s and see how I do with his 9i. So I guess I can use 130-150 as my 9i distance and figure out my distances now with my other clubs?

I'm hitting better with my new instructor than I was with my previous instructor. My instructor met my previous instructor the other day and good thing he didn't mention me, she's probably still wondering what happened to me hee hee

Saturday, my next golf opportunity, I'm going to use the BFs X18s and see how I do with his 9i. So I guess I can use 130-150 as my 9i distance and figure out my distances now with my other clubs?

I'm hitting better with my new instructor than I was with my previous instructor. My instructor met my previous instructor the other day and good thing he didn't mention me, she's probably still wondering what happened to me hee hee

I wonder if they had the awkward "when Butch met Hank moment"?

Thinking of revamping the bag before you make the trek to FL for the fall outing?

===== QUOTE Golf Chick ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I wonder if they had the awkward "when Butch met Hank moment"?

Thinking of revamping the bag before you make the trek to FL for the fall outing?

Since you put it that way :smile: if I do get new sticks, it probably won't be until after Florida. Need to start saving up for new clubs. We'll see :wink:

Here's a list of things I was working on yesterday, it seems like every week its something new...

My instructor says I've got great tempo and rhythm, that's great!! :clapp: On my backswing, my arms need to move with my shoulders. I was just moving my arms without my left shoulder, so now, we're working on the shoulders and arms working together and staying close to the body. On my downswing, I need to shift my weight to the left while keeping my arms straight and my head staying behind the ball. He said I need to look 2-4 inches behind the ball and not just right at the ball. Interesting...Since my next lesson isn't for 2 weeks, I'll have all this to work on and perfect...

Fun to hear your progress GC! Perhaps there's a few TM Superlaunch irons in your bag in the future? Sounds like you could go to a senior or even regular flex!

Is that right? Sounds like an extraordinary amount of roll. 50 yards roll on a 100 yard hit with a very lofted club?

Is that right? Sounds like an extraordinary amount of roll. 50 yards roll on a 100 yard hit with a very lofted club?

Its not 100 yards, its over 100 yards, like around 135 or so

OK, that sounds better. You're a beast!

Wow, sounds like you're really do well with that 9 iron! I can't wait until he lets you play with your other clubs. Sounds like your coach has a great strategy making you stick to one club.

Wow, sounds like you're really do well with that 9 iron! I can't wait until he lets you play with your other clubs. Sounds like your coach has a great strategy making you stick to one club.

I look forward to the day we'll work on my other clubs, esp. my woods :wink: I understand why he's making me stick to my 9i, I need to get my swing down before I can hit other clubs. It makes sense :) I'm just wondering how long it'll take...hee hee

Sounds like you are making awesome progress!! Keep up the good work!

holy crap... youre hitting your 9i farther than i am...
ill brb *runs to the backyard and takes a few 9i swings*

Watching yourself is ALWAYS the best way to learn/grow..... in the last year I went from a 30 handicap to a 13 by having friends record my swing at the range (on a Blackberry) and comparing to the pros. It makes all the difference in the world...

I want you to know. Your hitting your 9 iron as far as I hit my 5. And I work out 3 or 4 times a week. I am just a little jealous. How tall are you?

I want you to know. Your hitting your 9 iron as far as I hit my 5. And I work out 3 or 4 times a week. I am just a little jealous. How tall are you?

she's a beast in training

Watching yourself is ALWAYS the best way to learn/grow..... in the last year I went from a 30 handicap to a 13 by having friends record my swing at the range (on a Blackberry) and comparing to the pros. It makes all the difference in the world...

Yup! My pro records me each week and you can def see a dif each week. Its neat seeing my swing on day 1 to now!

I'm only 5'4" and about 105 pounds!

===== QUOTE Golf Chick ====

I'm only 5'4" and about 105 pounds!

Posted from my BlackBerry using http://www.BerryBlab.com

===== /QUOTE ====

youre kidding. its just not fair... :(

Don't forget, I've been at this going on 1 year. I'm on my 2nd instructor and play every weekend and am at the range 2 - 3 days during the week. So don't feel bad!

Back