The Golf Chick Project

good for you girl! enjoy! :act-up:

Good job, GC. Sounds like you're progressing nicely!

sounds like you found a great instructor for you...keep up the good work.

Great job! I sure wish I had lessons in the beginning. I spent 20 years playing occasionally and scooping my irons to death. It's a bad habit I developed over the years with no real instruction. I have been much more serious in the last 5 years and serious enough for lessons in the past year. Finally figuring it out in my early 50's. I sure wish I had taken lessons when I was young so I could have enjoyed it a lot more in my earlier years. Never too late though! Keep up the good work and dedication. If you've never been to Hawaii, you are in for a real treat. I went to Maui about 5 years ago and I've never seen anything so beautiful.

You go girl! Proud of your hang in there attitude and nose to the grindstone or whatever:clapp:.......... You are a step ahead of the game by finding a good instructor to teach you the correct way and hone it to muscle memory. You are still going to screw up occasionally however it won't be quite as ugly! Enjoy your trip to Hawaii :D!

KellyBo and I are looking forward to meeting you in sunny Fla!

Gray

Thats a great feeling isn't it? Glad you are seeing progress and enjoying your lessons. Just think how you will be able to hit the ball in 4 months at the outing. The Bear Trap won't know what hit it.
Enjoy your trip to Hawaii

Awesome job!!!!!!!!! In no time you will be talking about how easy it is for you to hit your 5 iron and above !

Thanks everyone, it sure does feel nice :) And...FINALLY :clapp: I'm going to be taking 10 whole days off from golf :nailbiting: But I think when we go to Turtle Bay in Hawaii, we'll be hitting the range and borrowing a club or 2, in my case, just a 9i :D and hitting a small/medium bucket of balls. I just have to get out and hit some balls at least once or twice when we're away!!

Gray & KellyBo: I look forward to meeting you both in Florida as well and playing some good fun golf :)

Sounds great GC. I think you are approaching this project with a great attitude.... a mix of patience and determination. And it sounds like you found a great instructor too.

Have fun in Hawaii (as if it was possible not to). Taking a week off from the lessons might be a good thing... sort of let everything settle into place.

Sounds great GC. I think you are approaching this project with a great attitude.... a mix of patience and determination. And it sounds like you found a great instructor too.

Have fun in Hawaii (as if it was possible not to). Taking a week off from the lessons might be a good thing... sort of let everything settle into place.

Thanks! I just hope my short-term muscle memory kicks in :)

WHOOOO perfect!! We get back from Hawaii on Saturday and then its Memorial Day (day of practicing on the range) and then my lesson that very next day! Awesome :clapp:

I'm going to have sooo much fun in Hawaii, not to mention a really nice tan to go on top of the tan I already have :wink:

Such a top thread - congrats on your progress.

Can I offer a small helping of food for thought from something I am reading?

We know how to walk because we feel how to do it. We don't need to continually analyze our walking technique and we don't second guess ourselves before taking a stroll. If we happen to stumble, we don't immediately go to the "walking range" for a practice session, we see it as just a stumble and trust that our walking abilities are basically sound

It made me realise something and also made me laugh....I may just open a walking range down the road. But I reckon your coach is putting you on the path to trusting your swing and that is such a huge step and one that many golfers never take. Keep enjoying it GC, it's very infectious.

Glad to hear you're making progress and enjoying taking the lessons. Keep at it and it will payoff.

Have fun in Hawaii!

Such a top thread - congrats on your progress.

Can I offer a small helping of food for thought from something I am reading?

We know how to walk because we feel how to do it. We don't need to continually analyze our walking technique and we don't second guess ourselves before taking a stroll. If we happen to stumble, we don't immediately go to the "walking range" for a practice session, we see it as just a stumble and trust that our walking abilities are basically sound

It made me realise something and also made me laugh....I may just open a walking range down the road. But I reckon your coach is putting you on the path to trusting your swing and that is such a huge step and one that many golfers never take. Keep enjoying it GC, it's very infectious.

So very true and very analytical :) That's what my instructor is doing, he wants my swing to become natural, hence the endless hitting with the 9i and then eventually, it'll just become second nature and I'll be able to hit with other clubs :) I'm looking forward to it :clapp: Its just so awesome that every lesson, even though I'm doing essentially the same thing (working on my swing) I'm def. progressing every week and its such a great feeling. And I keep wondering why it took me so long to take lessons from this guy!! But hindsight is 20/20 and this instructor is def. a good match for me!! He has a long journey with me :wink:

Glad to hear you're making progress and enjoying taking the lessons. Keep at it and it will payoff.

Have fun in Hawaii!

Thanks MO :)

So very true and very analytical :) That's what my instructor is doing, he wants my swing to become natural, hence the endless hitting with the 9i and then eventually, it'll just become second nature and I'll be able to hit with other clubs :) I'm looking forward to it :clapp: Its just so awesome that every lesson, even though I'm doing essentially the same thing (working on my swing) I'm def. progressing every week and its such a great feeling. And I keep wondering why it took me so long to take lessons from this guy!! But hindsight is 20/20 and this instructor is def. a good match for me!! He has a long journey with me :wink:

That is awesome K! All that hard work is going to pay off in spades.

That is awesome K! All that hard work is going to pay off in spades.

I still have a lot of work ahead of me...but we're progressing in a forward motion :D

After a 2 week hiatus from golf, I have my lesson tomorrow night. During our trip to Hawaii, I had to hit some balls, so I hit some at Turtle Bay, its just not the same when you're not using your own golf clubs :( But overall, I did alright. We went to the range today and played a Par 3 course, yup, I still need a lot of work before I'm out on the course again. I'm looking forward to my golf lesson tomorrow night, it couldn't come soon enough :)

i have faith in you and youll do well... sometimes a break is good while taking lessons... helps the info sink in

patience grasshopper patience...

Lesson #4

Tonight's lesson was so awesome!! I'm becomming a pro at my 9i. We're still working on my swing, probably will be working on it for a very long time. We're 4 weeks in and I'm still working on my swing with my 9i. I'm working on keeping my arms straight in the backswing and follow through and having a strong finish and keeping my head down through my backswing and at impact. And I can still hit it solidly at 100 yards. So if I can hit my 9 iron 100 yards, I wonder how far I'd be able to hit it with my driver hmmm...COLOR]

Well if you hit your 9i 100 yards then you are 10 yards shorter then me. My 9i is my 110 club. I couldn't tell you about your driver distance but I can hit my 3w off the tee 185 - 190 with a few 200+ thrown in at times. My driver is actually shorter off the tee then my 3w, probably cuz of the slice.

SO SAD :crying: My golf lesson has been cancelled for tonight :crying: So next week it'll be 3 weeks since I've been golf-less (sort of) Which means...I'll have another lesson after next week :clapp: Such a bummer too...

Well, I did go to the driving range last night. I'd say out of a small bucket of balls (which is what? 100 balls or so :confused2: I was about 65%. 65% of my hits where great :) I started off with baby steps, doing the half swing before taking on the full swing and with my good ole 9i. I don't know why I bring my entire bag with me when I'm only going to use 1 club. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, our driving range is grass but irons only which is fine by me!! But my lessons are on Tuesdays which is mats only and a mini tee, so this was different. I would do 4-5 nice hits in a row, and then hit a slump and it was just back and forth like that. I'd like to have 10 nice hits in a row...My instructor was there, but he was giving a lesson...I was smart, I stood a few bays away from him just in case anyone bothered me. I probably won't get a chance to hit until the weekend.

65% is pretty good... nice job GC

Thanks :) I'm hoping my lesson on Tuesday, maybe I can use another club other than my 9i hee hee :smile:

hmmm yeah I dont think you can putt to well with a 9 iron! :act-up:

I'm hoping for my lesson tomorrow night. I didn't golf so bad yesterday. Played 9 holes par 31 and bogey'd all the par3s and double bogey'd the par4s. I'm happy with that for a +12 over. Hit all my fairwarys and 2-putted. But didn't hit a single green in regulation :( But I was very happy with the way that I played my first round of 9 holes yesterday :clapp:

I'm hoping for my lesson tomorrow night. I didn't golf so bad yesterday. Played 9 holes par 31 and bogey'd all the par3s and double bogey'd the par4s. I'm happy with that for a +12 over. Hit all my fairwarys and 2-putted. But didn't hit a single green in regulation :( But I was very happy with the way that I played my first round of 9 holes yesterday :clapp:

thats awesome

like the man said....that's awesome

I think it was a glitch. LOL, When I play just to have fun and don't worry about how I do, then I do better. I was just out yesterday golfing with friends and having fun :)

I think it was a glitch. LOL, When I play just to have fun and don't worry about how I do, then I do better. I was just out yesterday golfing with friends and having fun :)

The company you play with can make a huge difference in your game. I played on Tuesday with a couple of old friends who I haven't played with for several years. We used to play a lot in Men's club events and casual golf together, but they both dropped out of the club and only play occasionally now. We hooked up by accident on the first tee and played 18... I beat my handicap for the first time this year (my cap has been steadily climbing all season long). We were just playing and having fun and getting reacquainted, and when I added up the score at the end, it was a an 84. Then on Friday I played with a stranger, who was a heck of a nice guy, and we had a great round together.... I broke 80 for the first time since last September.

Good company can create an atmosphere where you just relax and let the game happen. Playing in a tense atmosphere will also show up in your score. Since I play to have fun even in a competition, I'll take the first one any day. I meet a lot more good people on the golf course than I do the other sort. And I try to be the first type too.

My golf lesson for tonight is scheduled as planned (no news is good news :clapp:)

Back