Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHA. IT worked that time... That is classic. Thats true detrmination there. I'll just take the drop, thanks!!!!

Lol! I would have taken the drop.

short par 4 the other day..

crushed a 310 yard drive down the middle..

approach to about 25 feet..

25 foot birdie putt...

nice hole!

Oh yeah I forgot to post this :) Monday we played at Eaton Canyon, par 35, 9 hole. I forget what hole I landed the ball in the sand, but not only was it in the sand, it was in the side about half buried with a tight/tall lip to get over. In 1 shot, and lots of sand all over me, I got the ball out and on the green. How did I do that? I couldn't tell you :confused2: I hit it hard and was hoping it'd get out (and it did!!) :clapp:

This was a hole that could have been a 6 or more as I pulled my drive into the rough. Wedged it out but into a fairway bunker. Had 150 yards to a slightly elevated green. Pin was in front about 10 feet from the first cut. I hit a 3/4 hybrid on the green four feet from the pin...made the putt for just an old fashioned who would have guessed crazy par. Probably the best recovery shot I have hit this year.

150 yard uphill shot from fairway bunker to about 4 feet from hole using my new callaway 7 wood. Wish i could say i birdied but i only had a par. It was on the #1 rated hardest hole so i was happy to par it. LOVING the new 7 wood!

150 yard uphill shot from fairway bunker to about 4 feet from hole using my new callaway 7 wood. Wish i could say i birdied but i only had a par. It was on the #1 rated hardest hole so i was happy to par it. LOVING the new 7 wood!

Way to go! Sounds like a tough shot you pulled off! I'll take par any day.

Played a long par 4 with a dogleg right to left. Hit a nice drive that left me 160 to the green and I pushed just a tad leaving me hole high and short sided. If that wasn't bad enough, I had to go over a high ridge with the green sloping down to the hole about 10 feet from the edge. My lob worked so nice. Landed soft on the edge of the rough trickling to the hole and just curled around it. I didn't get to see the curl, but a buddy and his wife were yelling at it, lol. I like 3" putts.

Chipped in twice. Once from about 30 feet and the second from about 10 feet. Both situations, the green was sloping downhill. I just hit it on the right spot and let the ball roll to the hole. Both situations, I paid careful attention to the undalations on the green. Probably spent 5 minutes prepping the each of these shots since I was waiting for my playing partners and it was well worth it. I usually don't want to be "THAT GUY" who is responsible for slow play.

Congrats on the chip-ins, those are always fun!

It's OK to take a little longer if it leads to not having to take another shot or two (and the time involved in setting up and hitting those shots)!

props on the chip ins wilwin!

Congrats on the chip-ins, those are always fun!

It's OK to take a little longer if it leads to not having to take another shot or two (and the time involved in setting up and hitting those shots)!

I was actually playing match play with my friend. On the first one, he got on in regulation so that's practically a guaranteed 2-putt. I was just trying to get it close to one putt and tie. Won the hole with the chip in. The second time, I really screwed up, bunker in front of a close pin and I didn't get it over. Then another tough shot from bunker to close pin and just got it off to the fringe. So I needed the chip-in to save bogey and any chance to tie my friend. Holed it and he boggies the hole as well.

Holing in 2 in one round is definitely going to focus a little more on my chipping and pitching. Just got to read how the green breaks to at least give yourself a shot at one going in. I also came close on a 3rd one as well. However, it doesn't top my friend who once chipped in on the first two holes and then pitches in on hole 9.

Had my first chip in ever today. Chipped in from about 30 yds out with a LW.....one hop and into the cup. Very bizarre as it seemed to just stick to the pin and go straight down but I'll take it. I'm hoping to have more of these shots as I become more proficient with my Niblick but until I become more comfortable with it I'll take these results anytime.

Had my first chip in ever today. Chipped in from about 30 yds out with a LW.....one hop and into the cup. Very bizarre as it seemed to just stick to the pin and go straight down but I'll take it. I'm hoping to have more of these shots as I become more proficient with my Niblick but until I become more comfortable with it I'll take these results anytime.

had a chip in eagle the other day. 20 yards a couple of hops and in it went!

well mine was only for par but it felt like an eagle

Chip-ins are always exciting and while I seem to get close a lot, I seldom ever get one. I've had one this year and it was so unlikely I couldn't believe it. Short sided and sitting on the back of a hill with the green sloping away, my soft chip just cleared the top and slid down the hill then curled left into the hole. It was fun to watch it drop, but I was really lucky.

wow... looks like chip ins for everyone... too bad mine was for triple... hahaha

Hit an INTENTIONAL fade out of the left hand rough around a bunch of trees landed it center of the green where it rolled back to the first cut. Was looking like Sergio running out into the fairway to watch the flight. Only thing that would have made it better is if i actually had some spim on it to stick it in the center of the green.

When I had my playing lesson I chipped in for par on a par 5. That was my very first par on a par 5. I have had a few on par 3's and once on a par 4 but par 5's usually turn into snowmen for me so that was very exciting.

My most recent round I was on a par 3 I took my tee shot and put the ball about 8 feet from the hole and then sunk my putt for a birdie. I was jumping up and down like a little kid I was sooo excited.

congrats on your birdie there GG!!

I sank a 40 foot putt for birdie from on the fringe today. I am sure the guys four holes over heard the yell when it dropped in the hole!

The 9th hole at Gold Mountain - Olympic Course 621 yard par 5, bombed my drive, had 293 left to the stick, completely blind. Water right, big pot bunker front left, and rough is all bad. I had to hit a little cut to catch it just right. I pulled out my trusty 3wd and smoked it, hoping it doesn't over cut and go in the drink. Walk to the hole, sweet, sitting 8inches left of the stick and you could see the mark where it hit in front of the pin and then the mark on the pin. Tapped in for eagle. This shot was awesome cause we tee'd off on the back 9 and finished on the front. The eagle made it my first round in the 60's. 68 to be exact, I was just hoping for birdie, but eagles are always better.

chipped in from 25 yds with the Niblick. It's quickly becoming the most fun club in my bag

The 9th hole at Gold Mountain - Olympic Course 621 yard par 5, bombed my drive, had 293 left to the stick, completely blind. Water right, big pot bunker front left, and rough is all bad. I had to hit a little cut to catch it just right. I pulled out my trusty 3wd and smoked it, hoping it doesn't over cut and go in the drink. Walk to the hole, sweet, sitting 8inches left of the stick and you could see the mark where it hit in front of the pin and then the mark on the pin. Tapped in for eagle. This shot was awesome cause we tee'd off on the back 9 and finished on the front. The eagle made it my first round in the 60's. 68 to be exact, I was just hoping for birdie, but eagles are always better.

wow!! that's incredibly impressive. that's an absolute bomb with the 3w, and great round man!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back