Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week when I played with JB I had a great shot on a par 3. It was 115 yrds to the pin so I pulled my PW (I don't hit my clubs very far) and struck it solid and the ball landed 5 feet from the pin. I thought for sure I was going to birdie the hole but I panicked and left the putt short (I am such a woman haha) and two putt for par.

i dont think thats too short for a PW - i hit my pitch around 125. nice shot though!

i dont get birdie putts often so i have to tell myself better to make a go at it and miss - you wont have too many of these lol.

screw the par - if i leave it long - im used to more than bogey golf anyways LMAO

3rd shot into a 380yd par 4. Had a good drive, but mishit my approach out of the rough. I was left with 145 to the pin out of more rough. Stuck a 7i to one foot. Made my day right there.

Hole 18 at Golf Club of Glen Ivy.
Im on my way to shooting my best round ever.
Hole 18 at Glen Ivy claims to have the biggest drop from tee box to fairway in the US. Usually i leave my tee shot about 25yds short of the green which is about 335yd drive thanks to the big elevation drop. This round i yank it left and put it into the fairway bunkers. While taking the drive down to the fairway im thinking about my next shot and what i should do so that i dont mess my best round up. The reason for the thinking is because its a bunker shot over water to the green. I get up to the ball and its about 135 to the center of the green with a back pin, so im thinking not to bad. I decide to go for it. I make a great swing and i hit the green. I did it! I carried the bunker shot over the water for a GIR. I 2 putt for a par and get my 84

Ok I have to chime in.
On my first 18 this season last week, my first shot on a 160 yd par 3 went into the trap right near the wall of the trap. I tried my best to get out, but accidentally hit the ball thin. well it somehow popped out of there and went just past the fringe. I was left with a 40 ft put...... which I SANK and saved par! the put had two breaks in it, and a 3rd right at the end which was sooo sweet to watch the ball make its final turn before going in. Nicest put I've ever made on the course.

I love the satisfaction that shines through in this thread. Even the worst round has that one shot that tempts you back for another shot!

My best (or more accurately, my favourite) shot from the last round was a pitch from the middle of the fairway, 80 yards out. I hit a little gap wedge, nipped it off the turf, one bounce, it stopped 3 feet right of the hole, and proceeded to spin back about 10 feet. Not the greatest result, but I've been struggling to get these to the hole lately, and this one just felt good.

oh, my favorite moment in golf so far was going Birdie, Birdie on two holes in a row (par 4 and 3). First time in my life for that and it felt so wonderful. That was the moment where I felt "hmm, I could actually get good at this game." Then I 3 put the next hole.

Anyway, those birds really helped my score. Shot a 7 on hole 1 (par 3!) and still scored a 37 on a 9 hole par 31 course.

At the end of May my brother and I took a long awaited trip to Kohler Wi to play Whistling Straits/Blackwolf Run and the Irish course. The Straits totally kicked my ass from the tips, but I did make 3 birdies on a windy day. My best stretch story is from day 2 @ Blackwolf. After having stomped my brother in our first two rounds (86-92 & 79-84), he had me 2 down with 6 to play. I went par, birdie, eagle, birdie, par to shoot 75 from the tips and win by 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, 410 yard par 4 with trees hugigng the right and left side. I hit a TERRIBLE pull hook to the edge of the trees and left me self with a 220 yard second shot. I pulled out my 4 iron and hit a decent shot to within 30 feet of the green. I pulled out my lob wedge and hit a little low lining chip that bounce and checked big time to within one cm of falling in the hole. I played it terrible but still got to walk away with my par.

I sank a nice 12 foot putt with about a foot of break to save par on the last hole of 9 I played yesterday. Too tired to continue...that heat was blazing.

Also hit a great 7 iron shot about 155 from the thick rough for my only GIR all day.

alot of really good shots today but the one that sticks out was after one of the worst shots...
i was 80 yrds out after a few duffs... hit my sand wedge and got it to spin back to inside 2ft

sweet shot bogey!

I played really well today so I had a quite a few good ones.

Hole 1-Par 5. 240 out, decided to try my 4i which I just switched back in (took out my 4h). I hit it great about 10yrds short.

Hole 2-380 down hill par 4, drove it 25yrds short. Hit my LW to 1ft.

Hole 3-After a bad drive, hit a super high 5i from 200, 15 ft short of the hole. Missed the putt but awesom 5i for me.

Hole 6-Par 3 left it in the bunker. Hit a chunk and run SW to 2ft.

Hole 9-Hit my new SF 3w about 280 off the tee. Great club.

Hole 11-180yrd par 3, front pin. Hit a super high 7i that hit the green and stopped dead.

Hole 12-After a hook into the left rought, hit my 3w 250 and left in 10yds short. Got up and down for a birdie.

Hole 15-Par 5, 265 out. Hit a blistering 3w draw that went through the green. I didn't make birdie but the 2nd shot was so pure.

Hole 17-My absolute nemesis hole. 180 yrd par three with a shaved bank on the left fronting a pond and huge bunker on the right. Have more doubles on this hole than any other hole in my life. Took 8i over the flag, 15ft past.

I know there are a lot of "best shots" here, but it was such a clean round that I felt like reliving them all!

#16 short par3 151yrds over water 165yrds to the pin... 5-10mph wind in my face
i was holding a 7i and took a few practice swings while the guys on the green were putting...
a few gusts later(and waiting for the green to clear) i changed my mind to a 5i... put a good swing on it and hit it FAT!
ball launched wayyy up... but straight as an arrow... just stood there on the teebox waiting for a splash...
ball hit the bank between the water and the green... jumped up onto the green... and almost holed out...
freaking ace was spoiled cuz it bounced off the flagstick... tap in birdie
i almost bought drinks today

Easy there bogey_russ... Luck is a fickle mistress. That 'almost ace' from the sounds of it was an 'almost splash'. Don't want to tempt fate to much :)

Nice shot regardless!

#16 short par3 151yrds over water 165yrds to the pin... 5-10mph wind in my face
i was holding a 7i and took a few practice swings while the guys on the green were putting...
a few gusts later(and waiting for the green to clear) i changed my mind to a 5i... put a good swing on it and hit it FAT!
ball launched wayyy up... but straight as an arrow... just stood there on the teebox waiting for a splash...
ball hit the bank between the water and the green... jumped up onto the green... and almost holed out...
freaking ace was spoiled cuz it bounced off the flagstick... tap in birdie
i almost bought drinks today

Easy there bogey_russ... Luck is a fickle mistress. That 'almost ace' from the sounds of it was an 'almost splash'. Don't want to tempt fate to much :)

Nice shot regardless!

lolz thanks gus... i figured luck owed me after the bad bounces leading to 2 triples... hahaha

My wife has the shot of the day in our group. Hole 17, 137y par 3, uphill over water, she takes out her 6 iron and hits it sweet, lands on the front of the green, rolls rolls tolls, and it looked like it did a complete 180 of the hole (hard to tell but sure looked like it lipped out) she ended up about 6" from the hole, tap in birdie!

My wife has the shot of the day in our group. Hole 17, 137y par 3, uphill over water, she takes out her 6 iron and hits it sweet, lands on the front of the green, rolls rolls tolls, and it looked like it did a complete 180 of the hole (hard to tell but sure looked like it lipped out) she ended up about 6" from the hole, tap in birdie!

Impressive!!!!

Lets see...

Playing a short length par four. Hit a hook 5 wood that manages to hold in the fairway. I got up to my ball and pulled my pitching wedge out of the bag. I had about 120 to a elevated green. I swung hard, and watched it come off like a rocket, high, and landed softly. 4 feet to go, and I two putt for the first par of my life.

Had a slight dogleg, left to right, par 4 on the toughest course I've ever seen. My tee shot was long, but flew the fairway landing in the rough and behind a tree. I had to pitch backwards 20 yards and go for the green fron 165 yards. I hit the sweetest 6 iron of my life, dead straight and stuck after one bounce. 4" from the hole, lol. (That helped me shoot 100, lol).

I two putt for the first par of my life.

Awesome. Enjoy the feeling, it'll keep coming.

My shot of the day was on the 2nd hole. I hit a lot of good shots, but this one has to be the best. I'm above the green, chipping from about 30 yards out, on to a downhill, right to left slope. Landed the ball 3 feet on the green, right where I was aiming, and the ball follows the slope perfectly and pours into the cup! Birdie 2, like it!

Lets see...

Playing a short length par four. Hit a hook 5 wood that manages to hold in the fairway. I got up to my ball and pulled my pitching wedge out of the bag. I had about 120 to a elevated green. I swung hard, and watched it come off like a rocket, high, and landed softly. 4 feet to go, and I two putt for the first par of my life.

Congrats on your first par, aggro!

i was attempting to lay up with my 5i from 185... my target was just in front of the green 160ish hoping it would be short of both bunkers guarding the green... i pured it... it carried the bunker in front of me hit the front of the green and rolled to the back

Par 4 7th is 340yrd par 4 with a green that is elevated from the fairway but slopes from front to back. Nearly impossible to keep it up front if you have a front pin.

I hit 3w and just bombed it. Had about 45-50yrds in. Opened up my stance and tried to hit a high spinning shot. The shot came off great and the ball hit the cup and nestled up about 12" from the hole. Super close to a 2 but a REALLY gratifying birdie.

short par 4 376
lots of trouble around an elevated green...
i was playing ping pong from sand trap to behind the green...
ball was sitting up... i couldnt even see the green or the top of the flagstick for that matter... completely blind flop shot...
from what the guys told me... i hoisted it wayyy up in the air... it landed on the front side of a ridge on the green and rolled 60 ft right into the hole missing 2 of their balls sitting on the green...
best triple ive never seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back