Your favorite grips

• Cord

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Non-Cord

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 28 29.8%

• Total voters
I just installed Winn PCI hybrids on my spare set of clubs couple days ago. They provide very good grip in 40-50% humidity. My palms also usually get moist.

I also do not play with a glove, and have had NO issues with these grips. I think I've found ones that I'll be installing on all my future clubs!

I have the Golf Supply store right up the road..(golfsupply.com)
I just checked their prices on Midsize grips:

GP Tour Velvet - 3.89
Winn Xi7 - 6.49
Winn PCI V17 - 7.99
GP Decade Multi Compund - 8.19

I might run up there next week, take a look at all 4, pick 2 and put them on my 7i and 8i...have a lil grip shootout....

I'm a mid sized tour velvet kind of guy :eek:)..... Works for me and very durable. It can't much more humid than it was in middle ga today and I had no grip slippage problems what so ever.

I have the Golf Supply store right up the road..(golfsupply.com)
I just checked their prices on Midsize grips:

GP Tour Velvet - 3.89
Winn Xi7 - 6.49
Winn PCI V17 - 7.99
GP Decade Multi Compund - 8.19

I might run up there next week, take a look at all 4, pick 2 and put them on my 7i and 8i...have a lil grip shootout....

I tried a couple of Winns, including the two that you mention, and just found them to be too squishy. I wound up grabbing on more tightly to the club than I did with firmer grips. Of course, that may not be the case for you. I just may not have trusted myself enough to believe that I could hang on to the club!

Kim

for durability and humid conditions.....the GP Multi-compound can't be beat. it's the best grip i've ever played.....i've been gaming them for over 4 years now. while the price is a little steap.....it more than makes up for it durability.

it lacks a strong mid-size seletion in all the colors but that is easily remedied by building them up with tape. give them a roll....you'll never look to another grip.

Merged with another thread of the same topic.

hey bama check out the tacki mac itomic grips. there cheap and suppose to be really good in humidity. i think im going to buy a couple and try them out here in the next month or so. i think they're 3.49 a grip.

hmm guess everything i read was wrong then. i was told they where really good in humid conditions and even got tackier. guess not.

hmm guess everything i read was wrong then. i was told they where really good in humid conditions and even got tackier. guess not.

They werent for us. That is for sure. Forum member biggsy has been able to try them as well. He felt as I did. Slimy feeling in the FL humidity.

They werent for us. That is for sure. Forum member biggsy has been able to try them as well. He felt as I did. Slimy feeling in the FL humidity.

alright well glad you said that then. because i read few reviews of them and couple said they were reall good in humidity guess they were not playing in the texas/ florida humidity conditions.
so basically the best grips for humidity in our area is the golf pride multi compound and the Winn Pci?

alright well glad you said that then. because i read few reviews of them and couple said they were reall good in humidity guess they were not playing in the texas/ florida humidity conditions.
so basically the best grips for humidity in our area is the golf pride multi compound and the Winn Pci?

I cant answer that because I have not tried a ton of grips. I like the Winn PCI as I have said before. Others like other things. But the Itomics left a lot to be desired in our review of them.

I have the winn pci on my driver and really like it. thinking of adding them to my irons as well

My favorite grip is the one that hangs onto the club throughout the whole swing.

I really like the Golf Pride DD2's, but being in Montana I also like the Tacki Mac Itomics. I'm not sure how they would do back in TN and humidity though.

LBlack;
The Proformance Plus is one I want to try with the 3 GEN. It is suppose to have shock absorbing qualities, reduced taper and I hope good grip in humid conditions. My 61 year old body could probably benefit from this. I assume yours is not the 3 GEN?

I put the Perf Plus w/ 3gen on everything this spring, and like them very much. Had used Lamkin crossline cords previously (it's humid here in the South) but got tired of them chewing up my hands and gloves at range sessions. The 3gens are extremely tacky if kept reasonably clean and perform well in wet weather, but the feature I like best is the reduced taper--just feels more solid in my hands but with lighter grip pressure. They are sticky enough that I am finding I don't really need to use a glove much anymore, despite having a fairly fast swing and quick tempo. The one hitch is that they are a little heavier than other grips, and the loss of swingweight combined with spongier material can take some getting used to if you're coming from a hard and/or lighter grip.

I really liked the Winn DSi's and have disliked all the Golf Pride grips I've used.

The durability is good, not great. But the feel and grip in FL humidity is worth it for me.

how many rounds would you say you get out of these JB??
i dont go by time since you play a LOT more than me..

thx

The golf pride tour velvets with the cord is nice. I dont know the specific name for them, but they look like tour velvets with cord lol. We have had a couple days of 95+ with mad humidity, and Ive never had an issue

how many rounds would you say you get out of these JB??
i dont go by time since you play a LOT more than me..

thx

bama-i use to always use pci's but i was changing them out every year. when i had my irons reshafted i opted for tour velvets and couldn't be happier. they were a little rougher on the hands at first but i have zero issues with slippage and i don't wear a golf glove.

I use the Golf Pride Tour Velvet mid-size on my irons right now. But after putting on a Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound grip on my driver and loving the grip and tackiness it had with the severe humidity here in the NE this summer, I'm going to put the Decades on all my clubs next year when I regrip

Back