• Cord

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Non-Cord

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 28 29.8%

• Total voters
Re:Your favorite grips

I'm currently gaming the GP Tour Velvet midsize, but I'm still searching for my perfect grip.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ordered 13 yellow new decades from golfsmith.ca 143 bucks not bad.:bulgy-eyes:

Sounds good JTJ. Let us know how you like 'em.

ordered 13 yellow new decades from golfsmith.ca 143 bucks not bad.:bulgy-eyes:

That's another great thing about DD2's.

With Golfsmith's current sale, I can get THREE sets of 13 grips for that price.

Of course, you have to actually like DD2's for that to be a bargain, but I do so it's nice to know that there are still bargain's available in the golf world.

-JP

I've been using the GP New Decade Multi compound grips - in midsize. Midsize is available in red, blue and white. I've got white on the driver, FW and hybrids, and red on the irons. I like their "tackiness."

Prior to that I swore by Dual Durometers, and still like their feel.

Golf Pride Decade MultiCompound switched to these mid 2008 and haven't changed to opinion of them yet.

I've been using the GP New Decade Multi compound grips - in midsize. Midsize is available in red, blue and white. I've got white on the driver, FW and hybrids, and red on the irons. I like their "tackiness."

Prior to that I swore by Dual Durometers, and still like their feel.

By tacky do you mean sticky?

Because I don't care for grips that feel like glue or that make noise when I'm re-gripping while at address. I like grips that feel as if I have a firm hold of the club, but not as if I'm welded to it.

I'm always open to trying different things and I've heard some good things about the multi-compounds but I've never swung a club that had them.

-JP

I think you will enjoy them.

Lamkins stingfree is my favorite's grip.
It seems they are not on the official website any more.
now ebay can find them on sell. Need to stock some for later use.

I use the GP Tour Velvet for my drivers and woods, but have found that I like a bit of a thicker, softer grip on my irons and wedges. I've gone through two sets of the Winn AVS W5's this year. Not the most durable grip, but they're extremely comfortable.

Last edited:
Winn grips in my experience have had durability problems. But there new lines are probably better.

Winn grips in my experience have had durability problems. But there new lines are probably better.

I had crosslines a few years ago...were nice when they were new but got slick pretty quickly (1 month)...haven't tried them since...

mt new decades came today!!!!!!:bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

I'm a big fan of the GP New Decade Multi-compound. Hope you enjoy them! They perform well under all kinds of conditions.

They have to be pink or purple :D

Question: When do you know its time to re-grip?

GP tour velvets,lamkin crosslines or star grip sidewinders work for me.Got a bunch of lamkin torsion control on the cheap and am using them on some clubs.Don't really have issues with any except maybe Winns because of durability

Depending on the type of grip and number of rounds, probably once or twice a year.

GP Tour Velvet logo down. I have also had decent luck with Taylormade Arrow ribbed grip. I waffle on ribbed/round.

I had used Tour Velvets for the last few years, but regripped last month with TackiMac Itomic grips. So far, I really like them. They seem slightly larger than the Tour Velvets, pretty firm, and very tacky.

I always liked the TackiMac grips. Haven't used them in a long time.

Welcome to THP Leo!

I always liked the TackiMac grips. Haven't used them in a long time.

Welcome to THP Leo!
They are some durable grips for sure and cheap too

grips

grips

do you tend to use the same grips across all your irons, wedges and woods or mix it up?

Golf Pride New Decades. Switched in 2008 and never looked back.

Re: Your favorite grips

GP multi-compounds. with 2 wraps.

orange and/or white. and thanks to those dudes at Callaway....baby blue. cuz I'm a girl I guess.

Back