Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

Saw a rather disturbing sight yesterday on the 14th green. A screaming rabbit came out of the woods and had a weasel attached to his belly. He kept running around the green screaming. Then the weasel (which was much smaller than him) got him down and proceeded to kill him right in front of us. Yikes!

Saw a rather disturbing sight yesterday on the 14th green. A screaming rabbit came out of the woods and had a weasel attached to his belly. He kept running around the green screaming. Then the weasel (which was much smaller than him) got him down and proceeded to kill him right in front of us. Yikes!

And no one pulled out their cell phone for photos and/or video? :confused2:

i was on #12 or 13 at bull run cc on sat and there was a giant wasp burrowing into the green right next to my ball... i told my brothers i wasnt going to even attempt to address the ball with that bad boy between me and the ball... ill take a penalty(im deathly allergic to stings)... lol

And no one pulled out their cell phone for photos and/or video? :confused2:

My partner mentioned it, but we were sort of frozen in our tracks. He threw a ball and hit the weasel, but that thing was focused! It didn't flinch and kept on gnawing away on that poor rabbit.

i was on #12 or 13 at bull run cc on sat and there was a giant wasp burrowing into the green right next to my ball... i told my brothers i wasnt going to even attempt to address the ball with that bad boy between me and the ball... ill take a penalty(im deathly allergic to stings)... lol

Isn't there some rule on "dangerous" wildlife?

hahahahaha, sorry to laugh here but when a rabbit screams it is something else! You did a good job of painting a mental picture. You should have helped the little fella

hahahahaha, sorry to laugh here but when a rabbit screams it is something else! You did a good job of painting a mental picture. You should have helped the little fella

lol, I wasn't about to get weasel rabies dude!

lol, I wasn't about to get weasel rabies dude!
Haha, your 3 wood or driver should of given you a safe distance to club it. I know its part of nature but I hate when animals pull that circle of life crap around me. Funny story though.

We saw a cat dragging away a squirrel the other day.
Ive seen hawks, Deer, coyote, of course squirrel and rabbits, cats, fox, ducks, mudhens, some kind of huge stork. This season i was able to add skunk and raccoon to the list and also prarie dogs.
Im probably forgetting a few.

Saw coyotes yesterday on the desert course we played at, but I didn't take a picture...

Isn't there some rule on "dangerous" wildlife?
ionno... but my brothers let me "replace" the ball away from the wasp as long as i wasnt closer to the hole... hahaha

ionno... but my brothers let me "replace" the ball away from the wasp as long as i wasnt closer to the hole... hahaha

That was awefully nice of them!!!

I work at Jasper Park Lodge Golf Club in Jasper, Alberta in the Canadian Rockies. The golf club is located right in the middle of a National Park and we have a ton of wildlife on the course every day. This season we've had so many bears on the course it's been unbelievable. One has already been removed because it ripped open a golfer's bag to get at some food they were carrying. We get black bears mostly but also the occasional (about 15 days this summer) Grizzly. Our marshalls or other golf staff will try to scare the black bears off of the course but for the grizzlies we call the parks wardens and they take care of them. We also have a ton of elk. They're pretty harmless if you keep your distance but can get unpredictable in the spring for females while calving and in the fall for males while rutting. There are lots of deer, white tail and field, Canadian Geese, squirrels, chipmunks, marmots, coyotes, crows, etc. Also the occasional bald eagle, and sometimes wolves.
The bears are the main problem for pace of play and the elks are the biggest greenskeeping nightmare.

saw 2 itty bitty fawns sneaking around the woods on #12 today

I'm hoping OEM can post the pics but we saw the elusive humbrella man today. It's a rare species of human that uses an umbrella on the course when there isn't a cloud in the sky. Truly an amazing sighting

I'm hoping OEM can post the pics but we saw the elusive humbrella man today. It's a rare species of human that uses an umbrella on the course when there isn't a cloud in the sky. Truly an amazing sighting
sunbrella or parisol?

We saw three baby foxes on different holes yesterday, no adults around. I wanted to see how close I could get, and it let me get to about 5 feet before it got up and moved away.

did you get any pics?

No, but next time we go we're going to take the Flip cam. From what the guy we were grouped with said, they are out there all the time.

it's been a while since I've seen anything but i have seen a coyote, a fox, and turkey. The geese are just too common for me to even care.

I just saw a family of foxes last weekend. 4 kids playing and the mother standing watch. Beautiful to see.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Been seeing lots of baby alligators down here in souteast Texas

Back