Chocolate Covered Bacon. I laughed out loud at that.

State Fairs have got to be the reason American's are obese. Just going to the State Fair causes weight gain. I think the air has 15,000 calories in it.

LOL all you want, but they are tasty. And they're much better than the chocolate-bacon bars you find in gourmet shops.

State fairs are all about eating fried and calorie-laden foods. Apparently, chocolate-covered bacon got its start at state/county fairs. No surprise there.

What's a clg82? :confused2:

The bacon thread made me think of an important question...Has the PGA National Resort been informed of the bacon needs for the breakfast buffet???

The bacon thread made me think of an important question...Has the PGA National Resort been informed of the bacon needs for the breakfast buffet???

Lol! Good thinking!

For the bacon lovers here!!!

For the bacon lovers here!!!

:banana:

68959_448085459319_644219319_5119462_3930611_n.jpg

:banana:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO GET SOME!!!!! hahahahaha

It's LITE! :nono:

Holy pork....

I
WANT
BACON!!!*(*&^*(&^(&*^())

I'm in love and grossed out at the same time!!

All I can say is Baconnaise + BLT = HEAVEN!

PS: my wife just looked over my shoulder and said "that's disgusting"... she'll never understand... lol

I want to try this on a cheeseburger sometime:

bacon-jam.jpg

if there is a whole foods in your area - try the chocolate/bacon candy bar - its delicious! hahah

Bacon Icecream is something I will have to try too.

being a bartender- I have tried several bacon drinks as well.

One a bacon fat shooter; take 1/2 oz of bacon fat, melted shake with 2 oz of your favorite bourbon - shoot!! fantastic.

Here is an old fashioned made with bacon:
PDT’s Bacon-Infused Old Fashioned

FOR THE BOURBON- BACON INFUSION:
3 or 4 slices bacon, or enough to render 1 ounce of fat (PDT uses Benton’s, but any extra-smoky variety will do)
1 750-ml. bottle of bourbon such as Four Roses Yellow Label

FOR THE OLD FASHIONED:
2 ounces bacon-infused bourbon
1/4 ounce Grade B maple syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Twist of orange

FOR THE BACON-INFUSED BOURBON: Cook bacon in pan and reserve rendered fat. (1) When bacon fat has cooled a bit, pour off one ounce from pan. (2) Pour bourbon into a non-porous container. (3) Strain the bacon fat into the container and infuse for 4 to 6 hours at room temperature. Place mixture in freezer until all the fat is solidified. With a slotted spoon, remove fat and strain mixture back into bottle.
FOR THE COCKTAIL: In mixing glass, stir 2 ounces bacon-infused bourbon, maple syrup, and bitters with ice. Strain into chilled rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with orange twist.

And finally a bacon martini:
"Lightly mist martini glass with vermouth, and rim the edge with bacon grease. In a cocktail shaker, mix 3oz vodka, one dash Tabasco, and one dash olive juice. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. Skim excess bacon grease from surface of cocktail. Garnish with one slice of bacon."

On my list to try

Last weekend at the Texas State Fair I had Chicken Fried Bacon :D

America's Best Donuts

America's Best Donuts

Voodoo Doughnut
Portland, OR
There’s a good reason Voodoo is such a huge hit with all donut fans: the Bacon Maple Bar. It’s a yeast donut topped with maple glaze and not one, but two strips of crisp bacon. Beyond that, much of Voodoo’s eclectic donut varieties can’t be found anywhere else. Not only are the toppings unique—bubblegum, cereal, or M&Ms, anyone?—but since the shop is in eco-friendly Portland, there’s even a series of vegan donut options.

America's Best Donuts

America's Best Donuts

Voodoo Doughnut
Portland, OR
There’s a good reason Voodoo is such a huge hit with all donut fans: the Bacon Maple Bar. It’s a yeast donut topped with maple glaze and not one, but two strips of crisp bacon. Beyond that, much of Voodoo’s eclectic donut varieties can’t be found anywhere else. Not only are the toppings unique—bubblegum, cereal, or M&Ms, anyone?—but since the shop is in eco-friendly Portland, there’s even a series of vegan donut options.

These guys are only a few miles from my office. Let me know if you want me to pick you up some! lol

Back