Ok - I'll put an "m" in front of any. I meant that the Italian diet is filled with lean cuts of mean, vegetables and legumes. It doesn't have the large portions of pasta that we see here. I think I read that a serving of pasta in an Italian restaurant in the US is equal to 9 slices of bread. In Italy - a serving of pasta is much smaller. Over 60% of Americans are obese or overweight - I think portion control is a big part of that.

I would further that by saying that it has little to do with the type of food. Its all about portion control and eating habits for most, and having it be italian food has little to do with it. This thread is about bacon which is clearly not healthy, but millions love it, as do I.

I would further that by saying that it has little to do with the type of food. Its all about portion control and eating habits for most, and having it be italian food has little to do with it. This thread is about bacon which is clearly not healthy, but millions love it, as do I.

I think bacon is fine in moderation.

My point to Bonk was that Giada probably doesn't eat large portions of pasta.

I think bacon is fine in moderation.

My point to Bonk was that Giada probably doesn't eat large portions of pasta.

I think you're right Diane. I'm sure that Giada doesn't eat a whole lot of what she prepares, but it's clear that she loves food. I should not have concluded that Italian food makes one fat - it definitely is the amount of any food that dictates that.

Anyone try the new double down yet?

Anyone try the new double down yet?

Not yet, but I'm tempted. My wife thinks it's sooo wrong, but I'd like to try it. Maybe tonight on the way to my son's lacrosse game...

not yet but it's getting good reviews here in the fattest city in the country!

not yet but it's getting good reviews here in the fattest city in the country!

Ok boys, maybe we just found the official food sponsor for the Best Western Open!

i'm scared to ask what the double down is.

Dont be scared, embrace.
kfc-double-down-sandwich1.jpg

That whole Colonels sauce thing kinda scares me away from it, FTR I never liked Big Macs for the same reason.

Is it the actual sauce or the name? I can see being a bit concerned about the Colonels Secret Sauce. Why is it a secret?

Is it the actual sauce or the name? I can see being a bit concerned about the Colonels Secret Sauce. Why is it a secret?

Both, LOL. I've eaten Big Macs before but never liked them. That being said I'm not a huge McD's fan anyway. I'll have to give the double down a shot, maybe tomorrow depending on what time I get done at the course.

lord have mercy....that looks like it'd go nice with a beer....or 4
Ok boys, maybe we just found the official food sponsor for the Best Western Open!

:quiet:

lol gotta love how bacon gets its own thread with 6 pages and growing! and I am not ashamed to admit my name is Sunday_Hacker and I love bacon too! in fact had two loaded BLT's for dinner tonite! mmmmmm bacon

damn that does look good! and love the McRib as well spank!

Gasman - Not sure where Bogey is, but does this mean it's time for our road trip with the Bassets?

My cholesterol went through the roof just looking at that thing.

My cholesterol went through the roof just looking at that thing.

Clay - Please tell me you're not worried about your cholesterol at your age already.

damn that does look good! and love the McRib as well spank!

I was just notified by the local McD that the McRib is not available anymore. :angry:

Too bad, I was going to bring a pallet of the stuff for the outing as a surprise.

I'll see your Double Down and raise you a bag of Bigs Sizzlin' Bacon Seeds

http://www.bigs.com/snacks/sizzlin-bacon

Anything + bacon = awesome!
We’re no Einstein, but one thing that we know is that anything + bacon= awesome. That’s why we knew that if we took our seeds and flavored them with delicious zero fat, no calorie Bacon Salt, that it’d be an automatic home run. So don’t be shy, reach for a bag of BIGS, and go ahead and get your bacon on! BIGS™ Seeds: Always bigger. Always better.

View attachment 857

We’re no Einstein, but one thing that we know is that anything + bacon= awesome. That’s why we knew that if we took our seeds and flavored them with delicious zero fat, no calorie Bacon Salt, that it’d be an automatic home run. So don’t be shy, reach for a bag of BIGS, and go ahead and get your bacon on! BIGS™ Seeds: Always bigger. Always better.

View attachment 857

This is a must buy for me.

Really what ISNT better with bacon? Im not sure about that KFC thing though, I feel the arteries hardening just looking at it.

seriously? I'm looking for these in my area right now!

View attachment 857

seriously? I'm looking for these in my area right now!

Let me know where you find them, if you do. I love that line - We’re no Einstein, but one thing that we know is that anything + bacon= awesome. So true!

Back