THP Summer Issue Available for Preorder & Spring Issue Sells Out

wooo hooo! I'm first, just got mine! stuck home today with 3 sick kids and low and behold the mailman shows up at 11:30am instead of 4:30pm! looks awesome! thanks THP and mr. mailman!

I'm looking forward to receiving it :) With me being on the West Coast, I'll probably be getting it in a few weeks :crying:

i'm hoping my copy shows up today! that and the go-go-go-gorilla

Mine should be here today as well, usually takes one or two days to get out here. Looking forward to it!!!

still waiting for mine...

Got it today!! Great mag guys.

Last edited:
So do I have to post a message that I ordered one way back in the begining of order taking or will I just get it sent to me ? Just wondering?

So do I have to post a message that I ordered one way back in the begining of order taking or will I just get it sent to me ? Just wondering?

It will just show up if you placed an order

Tremendous job on the summer issue guy's. As always, you have hit another home run with this. Between the paper and graphic qualities, the size of the magazine its self and the kick-ass cover, this thing is a collectors edition to me.

The content was very good, especially the FC interview, but you already knew that would be my favorite, lol. The "Tool Shed" section was very solid as always and still not overly crazy with the advertisements. Great job once again, I love it!

It will just show up if you placed an order

It did and I commented in the other forum about how good this issue is. Thank You

got me summer issue of the magazine! looks great. i haven't had a chance to delve into it yet, but freddy's calling my name for sure!

Just ordered the Summer issue and was a little disappointed that I couldn't catch up on the magazine by ordering back issues.

Do you have something in the works for those of us that are late to the game? (browsed this forum a bit and couldn't find the answer, sorry if I missed something obvious)

Just ordered the Summer issue and was a little disappointed that I couldn't catch up on the magazine by ordering back issues.

Do you have something in the works for those of us that are late to the game? (browsed this forum a bit and couldn't find the answer, sorry if I missed something obvious)

Reprints can be costly since there is the basics that are involved whether you print 100 or if you print 25,000. Mainly, the setup. Most printers allow for about 10% spoilage, which they come up with by how long it takes to get the color up, aligning it on the press sheets to make cutting, folding and binding more accurate, etc. Then the cutters use some of the spoilage to set up the cuts of the sheets before it goes to the bindery. When it gets to the bindery, they use some more of the spoilage to set up the folders. Then the remaining spoilage goes to setting up the binders to put the magazine together.

The 10% spoilage/overage is standard on longer runs, and especially on four-color process work. You can see how 10% overage on a 100 issue run isn't going to even be enough to get the ink set. (It usually takes several hundred sheets to get the color up). So it would be cost-prohibitive to do a small run reprint.

One thing we would do is box up the remaining good copies that are in excess of what the customer ordered in case they need extras. Sometimes that's a lot of copies, sometimes not very many, depending on how easy to set up the job was through all the different steps. Don't know if there are any of those available or not. Not all printers do that, a lot of them just trash the rest since they usually recycle paper.

Unfortunately that is part of being a small publisher. Having less than 75,000 copies printed does not leave a lot of leftovers and makes it VERY costly for reprints. We offer each magazine until they sell out and the last issue was for sale for 3 full months before selling out. While we wish we could print 100,000 copies or more, the cost to print a magazine is STAGGERING for each issue.

Unfortunately that is part of being a small publisher. Having less than 75,000 copies printed does not leave a lot of leftovers and makes it VERY costly for reprints. We offer each magazine until they sell out and the last issue was for sale for 3 full months before selling out. While we wish we could print 100,000 copies or more, the cost to print a magazine is STAGGERING for each issue.

Oh well, thanks for the info JB, I'll have my eyes out for used back issues that might pop up!

Oh well, thanks for the info JB, I'll have my eyes out for used back issues that might pop up!

Im glad you are interested and hopefully someone will have an extra copy or 2 out there for you to take a look at.

Hey JB! What stores is THP Mag currently in and what stores are you guys planning to expand to?

Hey JB! What stores is THP Mag currently in and what stores are you guys planning to expand to?

Airport Distribution newstands. Barnes & Noble (select stores)

Not sure about expansion yet. We have some big things coming in 2011 that we have to keep under wraps right now.

Ok I would love to have it in my local books a million!

Christmas came early in my mailbox today! This is my first issue of THP Magazine, won't be that last, and without doubt I can say best presentation ever, bar none! Whoever decided on the thicker paper, give yourself a pat on the back, text looks better and images jump off the page. All that and I've only finished the wedge section :clapp:

I know you asked for feedback for the Spring issue, and I FINALLY have something to 'complain' about regarding this issue..

In the wedge review section, I feel like there would be a lot of value in getting more than one positive and one negative for each wedge. I like the big photos, but I'd much rather get a number of the testers views on them as opposed to just one from each column..

I know you asked for feedback for the Spring issue, and I FINALLY have something to 'complain' about regarding this issue..

In the wedge review section, I feel like there would be a lot of value in getting more than one positive and one negative for each wedge. I like the big photos, but I'd much rather get a number of the testers views on them as opposed to just one from each column..

I agree with this.... Perhaps a couple of smaller photos for more feedback?

Back